Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should food banks be opened for those who don’t work?

Options
  • 20-06-2020 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Obviously excluding can’t work due to disability, Full time parents etc. The payment should remain for this case. But for people who are NEET for in excess of 5 years this seems like a fair solution.

We’ve spent 4 years dole in the past few months. Things need to change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There are places you can go to get free food, if someone is not homeless but on welfare
    they should be able to just buy food from Tesco aldi, using their welfare payment.
    I. M not sure if we need more food banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, no-one should go hungry in this country.

I'm pretty sure there are food banks already, but we may need more?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I think the OP is proposing that we should have food banks instead of a monetary benefit, not as well as.

Presumably the idea is that the long-term unemployed go to the food bank to get their rations, which they then eat raw on the side of the road, where they live.

Advertisement