Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE - "7 white-owned fashion brands to support"

Options
  • 20-06-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Why is this acceptable?

Telling its readers to support fashion brands just because the owners are white, seems borderline racist, no?

I thought RTE was supposed to be neutral and avoid this sort of race politics?

You can read the article yourselves:

7 white-owned fashion brands to support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fixed it for you, black brands now you'll be happy.

Why is this acceptable?

Telling its readers to support fashion brands just because the owners are black, seems borderline racist, no?

I thought RTE was supposed to be neutral and avoid this sort of race politics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Jesus Christ would people just stop wining and moaning about everything nowadays. Left wing right wing. All a bunch of fanny pads. Who gives a **** what rte say. Who gives a **** what anyone says. Just live your life and stop focusing on all this white v black crap. It ain't good for people's mental health. Boards is just full of these threads. People moaning and moaning and moaning. It's incessant..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Jesus Christ would people just stop wining and moaning about everything nowadays. Left wing right wing. All a bunch of fanny pads. Who gives a **** what rte say. Who gives a **** what anyone says. Just live your life and stop focusing on all this white v black crap. It ain't good for people's mental health. Boards is just full of these threads. People moaning and moaning and moaning. It's incessant..

You're being naive.

People used to say this (what you said) about all the extremist left wing stuff in US universities.

Now look at the US - the youth are a brainwashed mess and the country is falling apart.

We shouldn't let the same thing happen in Ireland.

It will happen here if we do nothing and let intersectional politics become normal.

It's not OK to separate people into their race and sex. People are people and it's not OK to elevate someone because they're black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    You're being naive.

People used to say this (what you said) about all the extremist left wing stuff in US universities.

Now look at the US - the youth are a brainwashed mess and the country is falling apart.

We shouldn't let the same thing happen in Ireland.

It will happen here if we do nothing and let intersectional politics become normal.

It's not OK to separate people into their race and sex. People are people and it's not OK to elevate someone because they're black.

You do what you want to do. Personally I don't give a **** what goes on. I don't care about all this BLM stuff or any trump crap. I've enough stuff going on in my own head to worry about crap like that and that's why there's so much anxiety about nowadays. Everyone is on edge and being told to be fearful of what's coming. We'll be dead long enough, who cares..

You do what you want to do. Personally I don't give a **** what goes on. I don't care about all this BLM stuff or any trump crap. I've enough stuff going on in my own head to worry about crap like that and that's why there's so much anxiety about nowadays. Everyone is on edge and being told to be fearful of what's coming. We'll be dead long enough, who cares..

I agree with you.

But most people are not like you and me, unfortunately.

Most people are easily influenced and easily fooled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Jaysus, Naomi Campbell still around.

Last I heard of her she was dating Adam Clayton from U2 and that was a long time ago

I feel old :(
    Remember when Naomi Campbell caused controversy by wearing a white halter neck dress with a ‘bullet hole’ for the Fashion for Relief 2019 show?

Nope

Dunno even what a halter neck dress is

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Basically it looks like the fashion black folk design is as sh1t as the stuff white folk design.

In other words, 99% of it you wouldn't wear if you were given it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I read the article. I can't see where it's 'telling' anyone they have to buy from these designers. It's just a list of black designers for those interested in supporting them. A while back there was a list of small Irish companies to support... if people wanted to.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    I read the article. I can't see where it's 'telling' anyone they have to buy from these designers. It's just a list of black designers for those interested in supporting them. A while back there was a list of small Irish companies to support... if people wanted to.

Are you ok with articles on RTE titled "7 white-owned fashion brands to support" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Dunno even what a halter neck dress is

sounds like something you'd put on a horse...

(hopefully there are no slavery connotations there)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Someone looking to be outraged

Either that, or more likely trolling

There are a number of threads discussing race issues

This one is closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement