Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You can now get a custom amount Amazon voucher with your points, up to £80

Still redeems at quite a high € value, but now you don't have to get a bunch of 10'er vouchers if you wanted to cash out 50 quid worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

I'm always wondering about the conversion to euro ratio.

So if I've done my maths right for about 1000 points you'd get €0.76 going by Amazon.

But if you bought an item using Microsoft gift cards the conversion rate is about €0.93. So maybe if you bought a new Series S and sold it cheaper by €20 then you might realise the cash value better than Amazon. Take a bit of hassle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Just got an email giving me the missing 500 points 😃

"Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is Erika of Microsoft Rewards support. We appreciate that you take time in raising your concern to us. We are very sorry for the delayed response, as we have received higher volume of service requests than what is expected. Rest assured that we are doing our best to diligently work on your case.

Upon checking to your service request, you reported that Xbox Game Pass competitive punch card for 500 points is not recognizing achievements. I know how important this is for you since you allotted time and effort to earn points. We appreciate your continued patience as we endeavor to resolve this matter. I'll be happy to check this out for you.

After a thorough review of your account, we have confirmed that you have indeed completed the requirements for the offer however there was an issue on our end. As a result, we have added 500 points to your account to ensure you receive the points you deserve. "

I'm still bitter about that 500 points, wasted about 7 achievements on it. I reported it and all that.

Anyhu here's an easy achievement, can be done on phone touch without even starting into the game.

Midnight Fight Express

Settings

Audio

Drag the Music Audio all the way to zero then press b to back out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got an email from Microsoft support, they have finally applied that 500 points from ages ago. Can't remember when I raised the issue, but good to see it resolved.

• Advertisement

The day has come ... It's taken just over 3 long years of daily clicking for 370,000 points.

Redeemed €350 worth so going for the pre-order the new Xbox S 1TB. Then maybe flog it and buy something nice for myself or keep it and give my brother my old S.

Problem is... checked my account a few times in last 2 hours and they've stopped at just €200 going onto my account! Is this normal?

When did the 100 point treasure hunt thing stop? Haven't seen it for a few weeks I feel...

It's there right now @dulpit

I hit 156 streak last week, so that was 3 years :O

@Treppen congrats :)

Did you get the rest of your balance?

Yup converted all to €350 and purchased S 1TB so job is Oxo and this thread can now be closed 🤣....

Wait ...What! I missed the 100point treasure hunt. Goddam , here we go again.

Might just keep the thread going for a little bit longer Treppen 😁

When is that new 1TB Series S releasing anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I logged in yesterday and there was no weekly treasure, haven't seen it in weeks.

1st September. Actually I might just have 2 Xboxes on the go for points 😂 this might get confusing.

Are they doing away with the gold/GPU top up trick?

Kinda, think it's now 2 years GPU for 3 Gold, but there's more talk in the stickied thread :)

I have it alright! If it's the thing below you mean? Do you have a VPN on?

I got this new popup when turning in points tonight, that I quite like :)

No, there used be a separate reward for 100 points that was the weekly treasure hunt. Would appear randomly one day a week. But hasn't been there for ages now. I think.

oh my apologies!

yeah, i haven't seen them in a while either.

looking back through the thread, they may have disappeared from the start of July!

I wonder if we should report it as an issue?

Though in reality, the tight gits probably took it away on purpose! It's 5,200 less points per year for collectors!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pretty sure they took it away on purpose, they even announced that they were doing it, but think that they were folding in the points into other quests, so that it was a wash or something like that.

First they take the GWG away from me to post about!

Then they take the treasure hunt away from Nyum Nyum!

What's next?? 😂

• Advertisement

Limbo is nice and chill.... When you have a walkthrough .Quick to download too.

I think it was a quest originally

A small few parts are a little tricky but you'll get it after 3 tries kinda.

Walkthrough with no commentary here. No achievements playing it this way but...play forward to unlock the chapter select, then watch the next video below it for the Easter eggs achievements. Seems complicated but piece of cake once you get the hang of it.

This is probably an obvious question, but I have the points for €125 worth of Microsoft credit. I intend to turn that into a series x, so do I need to top up my account with the difference? Or can I just pay for the console and split the payment between account credit and credit card?

When I started in 2020 I read of many instances where people ran into trouble trying to do both (credit card + gift card). So they were advised to just purchase the remainder you need as gift cards, then purchase the whole item using all your gift card balance.

This might have changed.

BUT be careful on the expiry date on the gift cards. People said they had to purchase a different item (because Xboxes went out of stock or a game release was kicked back) then instantly return the item citing an error, this kicked forward their expiry date again.

Also think about getting gift cards elsewhere for other loyalty points, Tesco's say they don't count for points but I put them in between my shopping and I got extra points! That was a while ago, so they might have fixed it.

You're probably spending another €400 to get the X so maybe look at CDKeys or Eneba where they have discount gift cards.

This one here is a euro off so you'll save about €16 https://www.cdkeys.com/microsoft-gift-card-25-euro.

Do you own research though, probably best thing to do is go into live chat with Microsoft, I've found them good and will handle the transaction for you in real time (well they did with me before when I had problems with my account).

Apparently I earned 2,855 points on Thursday, but I've no idea how I did that!

Anyone else see anything weird on their points?

EDIT: Sorry, swiss cheese brain, I just remembered I hit the 160 week streak and got 2,500 from that!

Anyone else's quest for 250 points this week called Human Autumn Flat?

There was another one a few weeks back called As Dusk Autumns 😆

I thought it might be my language settings on the Xbox, but it's the same on the mobile app haha!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, seeing those unnecessary translations as well.

Unfortunately it's now also decided that I'm travelling so I can't claim any points. It did start working again briefly for search points yesterday evening, but I'm apparently on the move again today and cannot claim anything through browser, app, quests on phone or xbox. :(

Zooeeeeeemama

After 3 years I cashed in my chips and this arrived a few days ago.

Thanks for all the help folks... and screw you Dead By Daylight 😭

Brilliant, well done 🙂👏🏻

I've got a series x on the way that I paid a good chunk of with rewards points. Tis money for nothing really, a handy scheme...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In related news, MS started up an Xbox Mastercard, with points for purchases. Only the US for now, but a handy number if it came out here.

Advertisement