Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

Soooo just for you folks who read this thread... a bargain alert of sorts, maybe!!

Supposedly 1,000 pts if you join the Xbox Community Game Club... halfway down the page, read the Ts&Cs.
    It could be a total disaster like the Fanfest thing, give it a shot anyway...

https://ambassadors.microsoft.com/xbox/community/game-club?ocid=XCGCLaunch

Scroll down further and there's a sign up for XBox ambassador for further stuff. This is like joining a cult with different levels and stuff.

A good few treasure hunts up in last two weeks. Maybe because they got rid of the 5pt sign into app which was wonky.

Looks like most of the weekly/monthly game quests can be done via cloud for February.

Hunter call of the wild, killed a dear after 2 hours! But got 5 achievements! Apparently you can kill a rabbit at the start but I couldn't wait around! If you do spot a dear you gotta sneak up close and down wind cos your rifle is trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

We've lost the daily 5 points for logging into the app, which has other changes around the month.

150 less points per month.
    Weekly task for completing 4 daily tasks, now takes 4 days, instead of 2.
    Monthly task for completionist, used to be 45 daily tasks, is now down to 20 tasks.

So, good and bad.
    Maybe a couple of extra treasures will make up for the lost 150 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Ireland gets the worst of gamepass rewards for sure but at least you get something compared to anything from Sony. Xbox series X has been nothing but a joy to play and experience since I bought it and hopefully the reward points will improve over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah I noticed the app login one was gone. It was a bit of a pain anyway and most likely to be forgotten

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    Hunter call of the wild, killed a dear after 2 hours! But got 5 achievements! Apparently you can kill a rabbit at the start but I couldn't wait around! If you do spot a dear you gotta sneak up close and down wind cos your rifle is trash.

Ha, just did that one in no more than 2 mins. At the very start, I just turned around and in front of me on the lake was a duck. I got 2 achievements and the quest.

Looks like the mobile app 5 pointer is back...

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Looks like the mobile app 5 pointer is back...

Maybe they took it offline to bring it to the garage. That ***** log in rarely worked first time for me.

There a bit of agro going on with the download 5 games through the app , people are saying to get the beta gamepass app (white one) and download it through that!

State of decay is full of achievements as it takes a bit to find the hearts. Look at the chicken possible on YouTube for info.

Witcher was easy as I still had the saves from the last game... No intro and tonnes of dialogue... Delighted.

Building myself up for Terraria as I hate that game.

FIFA soccer is a piece of cake (again , see rewards Hunter on YouTube). Only problem is you have to download it,but you can start early.

56,100 points to date

Terraria is simple, start tutorial, did straight down and around for 5ish mins. Boring as feck but that's it.

I use the Beta xbox app on mobile and downloaded 5 games last week. Didn't work. been waiting, but nothing's happened.

Do I just have to try again? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think the installs have to be from the Game Pass app, rather than the Xbox app?

Sorry, the app is Xbox Game Pass (Beta)
    Same one I use every month.
    Just didn't seem to count this time... :(

Yeah I had that last week too. I tend to go into Indie and install the smallest games I can quickly find. I have been using the beta app for last few weeks but for this nothing popped. So in the last couple of days, I went back into the "old" app and installed a game from the "newly added" section and it worked. I followed that with a few more from the same section and got the quest. I don't know if the issue was that I had previously installed my original selection of Indie games (not sure I did but could well have) or the app itself..

I hit a bit of a milestone this morning. Still a little to go to reach my target which should only take a few weeks but, and it's a massive but, there still are no sign of Series X consoles on the xbox site :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ice Albatross

Anyone see the competition for February to get most ea play achievements on Gamespass? Top 5 win series X. America included so surely impossible to win

theteal wrote: »
    I hit a bit of a milestone this morning. Still a little to go to reach my target which should only take a few weeks but, and it's a massive but, there still are no sign of Series X consoles on the xbox site :(

Buy a controller and flog it as mint for a tenner cheaper! Then use the cash to get yer Xbox.

Anyone see the competition for February to get most ea play achievements on Gamespass? Top 5 win series X. America included so surely impossible to win

Not a hope.

Yup I saw it and gave it about a millisecond of thought. Not an iota of a chance.
    Buy a controller and flog it as mint for a tenner cheaper! Then use the cash to get yer Xbox.

I've a few of things in the works* that'll result in me paying very little actual money for a SX. The crux is that it has to be from xbox/ms directly

*TCB, Natwest Rewards, Xbox Rewards

Yup I saw it and gave it about a millisecond of thought. Not an iota of a chance.

I've a few of things in the works* that'll result in me paying very little actual money for a SX. The crux is that it has to be from xbox/ms directly

*TCB, Natwest Rewards, Xbox Rewards

Ya i contacted them and they said I had to wait for it to become available. But I could get them to send it to me from a different country... But without being able to use my rewards credit of course!

What's tcb?

Ya i contacted them and they said I had to wait for it to become available. But I could get them to send it to me from a different country... But without being able to use my rewards credit of course!

What's tcb?

Sorry, tcb is topcashback. It's basically money back when buying stuff online

• Advertisement

Use TCB before every purchase on the MS Store, always tracks with no issues and get paid relatively quickly - it's great.

maximoose wrote: »
    Use TCB before every purchase on the MS Store, always tracks with no issues and get paid relatively quickly - it's great.

Is that available in Ireland too? Something like Honey?

When you click through to the MS store, it will default to UK region and GBP prices. But your visit will have tracked - you can then sign in, it'll change to IE store and you can make your purchase.

The cashback will track in GBP, and you'll be paid in sterling but I just get my payout to sent to my revolut account and can then change it

Is that available in Ireland too? Something like Honey?

I think Honey is just discount codes, no?

Not sure if it's available in Ireland but I do remember using something very similar before I fecked off over here.

TCB is literally free money back for stuff I was already going to buy e.g. car insurance, utilities, clothes etc etc (I see that I got £16.53 back on £315 mattress purchase last year). I've currently got £200 accumulated and they give 10% bump if you redeem as xbox gift cards, so that's £220 towards my SX (if they ever come back in stock!).

Sorry for the off topic.

I think Honey is just discount codes, no?

Not sure if it's available in Ireland but I do remember using something very similar before I fecked off over here.

TCB is literally free money back for stuff I was already going to buy e.g. car insurance, utilities, clothes etc etc (I see that I got £16.53 back on £315 mattress purchase last year). I've currently got £200 accumulated and they give 10% bump if you redeem as xbox gift cards, so that's £220 towards my SX (if they ever come back in stock!).

Sorry for the off topic.

Definitely not off topic... I purposefully bought a few gifts on MS store for birthday presents, I could have got it a tiny little cheaper on CDKeys/Smyths but said I'd do it for the points.
    If I'd known about TCB I'd have done that too, every little helps. Speaking of which , I nearly forgot about those one4all cards in my wallet. You can convert them to Xbox too. Also Tesco points rewards.

Just thinking, if you could get a new Xbox would you keep the old one for points farming then gift the points across? Presume you'd have to have new username / account on the new Xbox... And you'd loose any older digital downloaded games on the new xbox.

So before I register with TCB do I use any email or does it have to be Xbox outlook a/c ?
    Does my revolut have to be set to UK or something?

Yup, you can set up family member accounts and gift points between. I think as much a 5000 per month. I don't know the details but I did see mention on Reddit and HUKD of people who already do it. No second console needed.

Incidentally I am keeping my One X for the living room, the SX will be going in the back room in an effort to enable me actually get a game or two in.

So before I register with TCB do I use any email or does it have to be Xbox outlook a/c ?
    Does my revolut have to be set to UK or something?

Was this bit there yesterday? Maybe I'm getting selective eyesight in my old age.

My TCB is in no way linked to my xbox. I've used it for a few years and claimed over £1000 in that time. I only mention it here as they're offering the 10% bump for redeeming a balance as xbox gift cards so I'm gonna use it for the X. I've not redeemed this way before so not sure how it works just yet, for all I know they could send a physical gift card in the post.

Revolut can hold multiple currencies so I dont think it matters where its registered.

Think I've something new to work towards buying with the reward points!
    The newly announced wireless headset :)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/Xbox-Wireless-Headset/8Z1DCQL8Z512/4WJ2

Yup saw that. Had I not got a arctis 7x just over a week ago I'd be very interested also but I'm happy for now and this yoke better last consider what it cost.

• Advertisement

Yup saw that. Had I not got a arctis 7x just over a week ago I'd be very interested also but I'm happy for now and this yoke better last consider what it cost.

That's a nice looking piece of kit, you should enjoy that :)

Advertisement