Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post modern progressiveness

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus, threads like these are just an embarrassment to the entire site. Endless, childish, whining about nonsense that has a minimal effect on anybody's existence. Gibberish blown out of all proportion and doomsday tripe regurgitated with a droning monotony.

"cultural marxists", FFS. :rolleyes:

SMH.

Thread isnt very illuminating

But i do think a movement labelling themselves "progressives" is absolutely cringe worthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jesus, threads like these are just an embarrassment to the entire site. Endless, childish, whining about nonsense that has a minimal effect on anybody's existence. Gibberish blown out of all proportion and doomsday tripe regurgitated with a droning monotony.

"cultural marxists", FFS. :rolleyes:

SMH.

And yet... Here you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Even if we pretend that both points are entirely true, how does either refute what I wrote?

Fair enough. Usually the word disruptive has a negative connotation attached but in this case that does not have to be the case. So if so, my answer does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What insane conspiracy theory is this now?

The mega corporations are fully on board with the WOKE agenda

The WOKE disciples long ago accepted capitalism and focused entirely on the culture wars

no conspiracy theory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What a load of bullocks. if being opposed to nazis, racists and conspiracy believing eejits (there seems to be an overlap these days eh) who want to undo centuries of scientific, social, economic progress makes me a progressive then fantastic.

I hope we could ship these Russian troll inspired neo taliban to some ****hole desert so they can think some about progress of last few centuries

the definition of " Nazi " has expanded widely

David Quinn ( journalist ) is frequently labelled " far right " these days

those who are sceptical about the bone fides of asylum seekers in DP are labelled racist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The mega corporations are fully on board with the WOKE agenda

What exactly is the 'woke agenda'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the definition of " Nazi " has expanded widely

David Quinn ( journalist ) is frequently labelled " far right " these days

those who are sceptical about the bone fides of asylum seekers in DP are labelled racist

You are the only mention of this person in the whole thread. So maybe you should stop labelling him far right if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

What exactly is the 'woke agenda'?

Basically turn everyone into social media simpletons who are offended by everything and follow mindless meaningless trends. Piece of pizz to control. Idiots who get 'offended' by everything but no values or principles of their own.

The same tolerant woke lot probably die if they ever had an independent thought.

The irony of the whole 'woke' brigade is they always rattle on about tolerance and diversity yet despise with venom certain groups ie Nationalists/ pro life people/ Christians etc. How very tolerant eh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Basically turn everyone into social media simpletons who are offended by everything and follow mindless meaningless trends. Piece of pizz to control. Idiots who get 'offended' by everything but no values or principles of their own.

The same tolerant woke lot probably die if they ever had an independent thought.

The irony of the whole 'woke' brigade is they always rattle on about tolerance and diversity yet despise with venom certain groups ie Nationalists/ pro life people/ Christians etc. How very tolerant eh
    That's only happening in your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What a load of bullocks. if being opposed to nazis, racists and conspiracy believing eejits (there seems to be an overlap these days eh) who want to undo centuries of scientific, social, economic progress makes me a progressive then fantastic.

I hope we could ship these Russian troll inspired neo taliban to some ****hole desert so they can think some about progress of last few centuries

I find the projection here to be fascinating. Whole fields of scientific research are beholden to progressive agendas such as 100+ genders. History is rewritten to better suit present political necessities on such a scale as to embarrass Big Brother. Social progress is measured by women being liberated from being beaten in the home by men so they can be beaten in the ring by men. Economic progress is so great that since the era of the robber barons, has never been more lucrative to be a member of the 1%. All this under the aegis of 'progressive' politics with its constant witch-hunts for the impure and unclean.

Whatever else can be said about 'progressive' politics, it's support is not defined by a grim determination to follow the truth regardless of who is offended. These people largely live in a fantasy world where a trans woman drone striking a muslim wedding party in Pakistan is a sign of progress.

Society has always had it's lunatics. The real question is at what point was it decided that they should decide what is good in our society?

Advertisement