Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing at Reading

Options
  • 20-06-2020 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

3 dead apparently. There was a BLM protest earlier. Maybe connected. Some talk of terrorist motive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Three White people to be precise.

Mod - video removed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hard to know what conclusions to jump to these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Police doing CPR on at least 3 people in the videos. Surely a few deaths. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hard to know what conclusions to jump to these days...
    Maybe don't bother jumping then?
    I am sure the details and motives will come out soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

5 hours after the protest ended. yeah must be BLM.........................

and seriously, a video of people bleeding all over the place while receiving CPR , is this how far the forum is sinking that its still there after 20 mins (or that someone thought it was something that should be posted in the first place)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Whoever took that video is a muppet. Honestly, what kind of person whips out their phone in a scenario like that. It can't speak English either. #Wasteman

Situations like as this make things such as Black lives matter and all of the ill will attached to it, mean absolutely nothing.

Hopefully,no irish caught up in it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

and seriously, a video of people bleeding all over the place while receiving CPR , is this how far the forum is sinking that its still there after 20 mins (or that someone thought it was something that should be posted in the first place)?

Just what were you expecting to see when you pressed the play button?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah seriously who records this like, **** sake though never a dull day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Sky |News reported it as linked initially. now saying a man arrested and more likely a radical islam

Just what were you expecting to see when you pressed the play button?

Generally, not a video of someone having been stabbed, lying in a pool of their own blood while receiving CPR.

and I didnt click play, I came across the video on twitter before the thread popped up. I stopped it shortly after it started there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Like those ****ing muppets that videoed the horrific aftermath of the Nice and Barcelona tragedy.
    I know there was a lot more, but those two really pissed me off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

rapul wrote: »
    Yeah seriously who records this like, **** sake though never a dull day

Might seem like a ****ty thing to do and yes he probably did it for likes or what ever but in a lot these investigations the police will use video and photos taken by the public so they can be beneficial and more reliable than eye witness accounts.

Like those ****ing muppets that videoed the horrific aftermath of the Nice and Barcelona tragedy.
    I know there was a lot more, but those two really pissed me off

What about the person who videoed the Killing of George Floyd? Do you feel that person should never have recorded it?

What about the person who videoed the Killing of George Floyd? Do you feel that person should never have recorded it?
    There's a difference between videoing an arrest in progress vs videoing a couple of people bleeding out on the floor.

Generally, not a video of someone having been stabbed, lying in a pool of their own blood while receiving CPR.

and I didnt click play, I came across the video on twitter before the thread popped up. I stopped it shortly after it started there.

In a thread that is titled Stabbing at Reading, the opening post says 3 people reportedly dead, the second post has a video and you don't expect it to be of a stabbing incident in Reading?

Even after you've seen a video of a stabbing incident in Reading minutes earlier on Twitter?

What were you expecting a music festival?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's important to film incidents like this to help the investigation, but not to be instantly shared.

One in custody.

There's a difference between videoing an arrest in progress vs videoing a couple of people bleeding out on the floor.

He was being killed, anyone who watched or shared the video (which was watched hundreds of millions of times) knew the circumstances. And yet no one was calling for that video to be removed from Twitter, Facebook etc
    Funny that...

He was being killed, anyone who watched or shared the video (which was watched hundreds of millions of times) knew the circumstances. And yet no one was calling for that video to be removed from Twitter, Facebook etc
    Funny that...
    You cannot compare an incident involving the police and people bleeding out.

• Advertisement

You cannot compare an incident involving the police and people bleeding out.

No comparison with footage of a man being killed? Struggling and drawing his last breaths on camera?

In a thread that is titled Stabbing at Reading, the opening post says 3 people reportedly dead, the second post has a video and you don't expect it to be of a stabbing incident in Reading?

Even after you've seen a video of a stabbing incident in Reading minutes earlier on Twitter?

What were you expecting a music festival?

Nice pivot.

First its "what were you expecting when you pressed play"

Now its "what were you expecting when you opened the thread"

Threads discussing pedophiles dont have videos of people being pedophiles in them.

Its not even a video of a suspect, its the aftermath and someone is dying. Everyone knows what people getting stabbed is. A video of them dying isnt required.

Funny that...

That video is evidence of the police killing him. Without it the guys that did it would have chalked it down to "suspect resisted and we did all we could to treat him right but shucks, what can we do, ah well, a dead criminal".

Tbh i dont,
    I know it finally tipped the yanks into anarchy....but its terrible to watch someone being killed and crying out for help

Even worse to see groups of people,stand about and do nothing to help that man

There was no way the person videoing that incedent could have predicted that awful outcome
    But some prick zooming in on clearly dead people including childern is a hell of a difference.
    yes i agree, it was a good idea to record Mr Floyds arrest purely for evidance, but please dont compare apples with oranges.

Funny that...

Nobody knew the circumstances of Mr Floyd
    And secondly, I never asked for the video to be removed from anywhere
    Stop being an angry troll and try and connect this thread into a race issue

Nice pivot.

First its "what were you expecting when you pressed play"

Now its "what were you expecting when you opened the thread"

Threads discussing pedophiles dont have videos of people being pedophiles in them.

Its not even a video of a suspect, its the aftermath and someone is dying. Everyone knows what people getting stabbed is. A video of them dying isnt required.

Guy, you're obviously very experienced in this whole internet arguing scene.

I'm not interested in it to be honest but I'll continue to call out faux outrage when I see bluffers like yourself engaging in it.

Have a wonderful evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

sky news reporting it as a terror incident

Guy, you're obviously very experienced in this whole internet arguing scene.

I'm not interested in it to be honest but I'll continue to call out faux outrage when I see bluffers like yourself engaging in it.

Have a wonderful evening.

Faux outrage my hole. A video of someone dying having been stabbed adds nothing and is not something that is routinely on threads.

and youre right, I am experienced at it, which is why I make sure to call out bull**** like changing your stance once I tell you I didn't click on it and ignoring any other points when you answer but just fill your reply with rubbish.

• Advertisement

There was no way the person videoing that incedent could have predicted that awful outcome
    But some prick zooming in on clearly dead people including childern is a hell of a difference.
    yes i agree, it was a good idea to record Mr Floyds arrest purely for evidance, but please dont compare apples with oranges.

My point is, when the videos shared online serve one agenda, its fine to share them.
    When they go against the narrative..its not ok.

Advertisement