Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing at Reading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

2u2me wrote: »
    If they roll out a new line of cars and they realize even a few of them are faulty; they must recall the entire line. Even if it's just a few people that would die.

I really don't understand that analogy at all. What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The media right here. didnt make it obvious either

https://twitter.com/___GazK/status/1274656120737595392

I know people don't have much love for the Murdoch family but Sky have gone down the toilet since Comcast/NBC took over. Even Sky Sports News is unwatchable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Gradius wrote: »
    Without taking any sides I only have something small to say; the way the world is heading is chaos.

Nobody in their right mind can view it otherwise.

It won't last. The greater the chaos becomes, the closer a correction comes. Someone/something is going to lay the hammer down, like using dynamite to put out a fire. You'll see who's who then.

It is impossible to be optimistic.

These things tend to come in cycles, and western democracies have by and large had unprecedented peace and stability for 75 years.

It won't last, unfortunately. Only hope is to put down the growing anarchy on the left, but even that would only be a stop gap. The same generation of imbeciles will be in power through the current structures within 10/15 years anyway.

We might even be ahead of the curve in that respect given the make up of the proposed coalition, and an even worse alternative waiting in the wings judging by the polls.

A lot to be said for being in one's twilight years!

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Lovely empathy for mental illness there good lad.

Hmm. Serious question. Why is it that if a white man kills 3 people of any other colour, he's a racist, but if a Libyan - or any other Nationality where white is not the predominant skin colour - stabs 3 people - he's automatically excused as "possibly mentally ill".

If someone deliberately targets people of a different skin colour to their own - they're racist. Full stop. They're also not automatically mentally ill. Which makes them murderers - irrespective of what their skin colour happens to be.

Something odd about the whole thing,

Firstly, the assailant's FB page- might be gone now - described himself as "Khaily Thug." He looks in photos like usual scroat and he has form. Then his brother is quick to flash the "racist" card.

Secondly, he seems an unlikely terrorist even given that AQ recruit hoods.

Thirdly, whole background of BLM protest and racist nature of attack was quickly airbrushed by cops and politicians.

Random attacks on white people have clearly escalated since this whole thing has spread from America. We've even seen it here.

His being motivated by that is surely as likely as being some lone wolf or deep cover jihadist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mouldybiscuits

The media right here. didnt make it obvious either

https://twitter.com/___GazK/status/1274656120737595392

Perfect example of modern propaganda, cutting off reporters when they say something that doesn't suit the agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Hmm. Serious question. Why is it that if a white man kills 3 people of any other colour, he's a racist, but if a Libyan - or any other Nationality where white is not the predominant skin colour - stabs 3 people - he's automatically excused as "possibly mentally ill".

If someone deliberately targets people of a different skin colour to their own - they're racist. Full stop. They're also not automatically mentally ill. Which makes them murderers - irrespective of what their skin colour happens to be.

Utter rubbish. The majority of Britain's population are white so they'd more likely be around than a BAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Utter rubbish. The majority of Britain's population are white so they'd more likely be around than a BAME.

Reading is very multicultural. BAME residents are > 25% of the population of the town. They’re pretty like to be ‘around’ and to comprise a significant proportion of any crowd.

Can you answer the question the poster asked you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

He should be detained as well. If that statements true then there is a strong likelihood that he's an extremist as well (we've seen this multiple times).

Hamachi wrote: »
    Reading is very multicultural. BAME residents are > 25% of the population of the town. They’re pretty like to be ‘around’ and to comprise a significant proportion of any crowd.

Can you answer the question the poster asked you now?

I don't know but show me proof that it was racially motivated. You won't find it because there is none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

I know people don't have much love for the Murdoch family but Sky have gone down the toilet since Comcast/NBC took over. Even Sky Sports News is unwatchable

It's utterly ridiculous. I attempted to watch some football yesterday but the virtue signalling makes it extremely hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Random attacks on white people have clearly escalated since this whole thing has spread from America. We've even seen it here.

Have we? :confused:

Please do offer citation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I don't know but show me proof that it was racially motivated. You won't find it because there is none.

As you say, you don’t know. But let’s examine the laws of probability.

A lone perpetrator injures and murders a subset of folks in a large crowd. The entire subset targeted is white people in a hugely diverse, multicultural town.

Logically, you believe this can be ascribed to sheer coincidence, a random act of fate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Your IRA murdered women and children. They're white nationalist murderers.

Ah yes collective punishment and the sins of the fathers being visited on the sons.
    How many White Europeans are you happy to see butchered until our penance is paid ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Hamachi wrote: »
    As you say, you don’t know. But let’s examine the laws of probability.

A lone perpetrator injures and murders a subset of folks in a large crowd. The entire subset targeted is white people in a hugely diverse, multicultural town.

Logically, you believe this can be ascribed to sheer coincidence, a random act of fate?
    Wonder will this question be answered (without accusing you of being a racist or alt-right)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Not to be captain obvious but there’s enough correlations, you can deny everything for this guy but we don’t need such proof.

Technically we are not judge and jury but the dogs on the street don’t need unattainable key evidence for fear of wrongful conviction they just know. The people are only too capable of at least putting 1+1 together, and that’s all that matters here they just know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

NIMAN wrote: »
    Some of the killers have been born and bred here though.

Exactly, every country has enough homegrown scum to be watching, without the need to import more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

One of the men who died is gay, maybe that was the trigger for the jihadi to start with them.

The deep hatred in Islam for homosexuality is well known.

He was going to kill that day either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It's utterly ridiculous. I attempted to watch some football yesterday but the virtue signalling makes it extremely hard.

And to think they used to say there is no place for politics in sport.

Danzy wrote: »
    One of the men who died is gay, maybe that was the trigger for the jihadi to start with them.

How would he have known the man was gay? Gaydar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Danzy wrote: »

I saw an interview on BBC apparently this guy knew him. Said he smoked cannabis with him and he was always an upbeat and happy person. Said he spoke about whiskey aswell.

Perhaps that fella was just grandstanding, I don't think so.

3m45sec

I don't think there's evidence for Islamic radicalization, but what if he just switched on CNN and became radicalized by BLM? I mean is that even a remote possibility here? What if he bought into all the rhetoric hook, line and sinker: "POC are dying everywhere because of systemic oppression by white people"
    The offences included racially aggravated common assault – after he called a police officer a “slave” and spat in her face
    A month earlier in September 2019 he was jailed for 10 weeks after he admitted spitting at District Judge Sophie Toms
    In January 2019 he was also involved in an altercation with a security guard, during which he struck the man in the face with his belt, court documents show.He was convicted of affray and assault by beating an emergency worker, and sentenced to seven months’ imprisonment in October.
    One of the appeal judges who gave the judgment, Mr Justice Goss, noted Saadallah’s various mental health issues in reducing the sentence.

https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/national/18533039.reading-terror-suspect-khairi-saadallah/

Yeah they should just shut up and play. God knows it's more important the little baba gets entertained than centuries of injustice and bigotry getting highlighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

More multiculturalism and cultural diversity. Say what you like about Enoch Powell but he was right about immigration into the UK. The question is how many stabbings does it take to make a river of blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GT89 wrote: »
    The question is how many stabbings does it take to make a river of blood?
    In Rwanda 1994 it took approx 800 000 dead.
    The Kagera River carried bodies from the Rwandan genocide into Lake Victoria.

GT89 wrote: »
    More multiculturalism and cultural diversity. Say what you like about Enoch Powell but he was right about immigration into the UK. The question is how many stabbings does it take to make a river of blood?

Good God. That's beyond deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Good God. That's beyond deluded.

Fair enough. Care to explain why he's deluded? Even if you don't like Powell, just because you view someone as a bad person, it doesn't mean that they are wrong. That's not how life works, regardless of how much you'd like it to be true.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Fair enough. Care to explain why he's deluded? Even if you don't like Powell, just because you view someone as a bad person, it doesn't mean that they are wrong. That's not how life works, regardless of how much you'd like it to be true.

The fact that an old bigoted crank like Powell is being dragged up as some sort of prophet or authority on the current state of affairs says a lot about your argument and where it's coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Somehow it'll be "our" fault. Though if you work back, Libya has been turned into some rubble sh*thole mainly due to meddling by western countries. The yanks should be made take the people displaced in these countries, seeing as they're the main instigators in all this sh*te.

The judge who let the scum off because of "mental health" issues should be dragged to the funerals and then suspended for a year, or whatever punishment there is for incompetent judges. None probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

What a sickening story. This little prick was rescued from Libya and shows his gratitude by murdering a bunch of people. Kunt.

Hope he has the **** kicked out of him everyday in prison.

He wont be getting kicked in prison he will be hailed as a martyr

Advertisement