Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing at Reading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

biko wrote: »

This is what cops are up against. She should have been arrested for being an interfering c u next Tuesday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

This hate for the police and anti-white/anti-male sentiment I fear could be more radicalizing than what we've ever seen from any other ideology. The press won't even identify it. They say in this article ""It is clear that the threat posed by lone actors is growing." YES BUT WHY?
    LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Sorry but until the police or the press say it outright I won't believe it and you can imagine why

I really could go on and on, I bet you believed those stories. People these days can't/refuse to think for themselves.

Stories of hate crime and attacks against minority are amplified and even fabricated, while 'normal' crimes like stabbings are always due to mental health issues. This narrative is wearing to anyone with an iota of rational thought in their head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

mick087 wrote: »
    Why on earth does he need to carry such a knife?
    I wonder what has been going on in his life that has led him to this?

How can this be prevented at the root?
    That video asks more questions of society.
    Maybe the video asks more of how his parents brought him up?
    Maybe they played a roll on how he turned out?
    We cannot keep blaming society for individual abhorrent behaviour.

We should however examine the role of the welfare state in all of this.
    Personal responsibility has been replaced with cradle to death social welfare entitlements, which many times produces the anti-social element in society.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its time carrying a knife like that is classed the same as carrying a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Might'nt feature in the top 10 come 2030, potential for Scotland to get up and leave also before then, pushing the ranks towards 10-15th.
    May do well from brexit, but also may not.

But perhaps smallest since W2, with overspend, efficiencies and ongoing issues with boats, the £1bn T45 has now spent 4yrs in port (engine issues and lack of sailors).

Not exactly, but will likely loose both Scot and NI, then can also look forward to a multiculutral melting pot in 2050, with a nearly 20% Muslim population, impacting upon traditional laws, policies and lifestyles there. You'd hope crime levels in Ldn will reduce, but this hasn't been the trend of late, and may only continue to get worse if nothing changes.

That's all pure speculation. What we know in the here and now is Britain is a global power both in military and finance. To suggest theyre third world or will be anytime soon is madness bordering on stupidity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

NIMAN wrote: »

Certainly if you have prior convictions.

Knife crime, gun crime and violence on the street isn't london is about 60% young black males.

If people are convicted and jailed commensurate with the severity of the crime then there will be a lot of black men in jail.

That is immaterial to me, given the crime, the person involved should be in jail.

Imagine the reaction from labour, from the activist class, the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

That's all pure speculation.
    One persons speculation (yours in this case), is another persons projections based on data (see below):

UK nearly 20% Muslim by 2050 (actually, might be 20%+ if/when Scotland/NI leaves). This is based just upon on 'medium (conservative) sceanario' migration. This will impact greatly upon daily traditional lifestyles there.
    https://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/europes-growing-muslim-population/

Nobody is saying 3rd world, but not really top notch, 5/10th neither.

Typical World 2030 GDP forecasts, have them in a tango with France (well before Scot/NI leave that is), and before brexit has occured, 11th spot might be most likely.

1. China: $63 trillion
    2. India $33 trillion
    3. US: $31 trillion
    4. Indonesia: $8.5 trillion
    5. Japan: $7.6 trillion
    6. Germany: $6.9 trillion
    7. Russia: $6.0 trillion
    8. Brazil: $5.2 trillion
    9. UK: $4.2 trillion
    10. France: $4.1 trillion
    11. Mexico: $4.0 trillion
    12. Turkey: $3.7 trillion
    13. South Korea: $3.3 trillion
    14. Italy: $3.1 trillion
    15. Egypt: $2.6 trillion

2050 GDP figures are even more sobering, with emmerging economies and Asia leading the charge.

One persons speculation, is another persons projections based on data.

UK nearly 20% Muslim by 2050 (actually, might be 20%+ if/when Scotland/NI leaves). This is based just upon on 'medium (conservative) sceanario' migration. This will impact greatly upon daily traditional lifestyles there.

https://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/europes-growing-muslim-population/

Nobody is saying 3rd world, but not really top notch, 5/10th neither.

Typical World 2030 GDP forecasts, have them in a tango with France (well before Scot/NI leave that is), and before brexit has occured, 11th spot might be most likely.

1. China: $63 trillion
    2. India $33 trillion
    3. US: $31 trillion
    4. Indonesia: $8.5 trillion
    5. Japan: $7.6 trillion
    6. Germany: $6.9 trillion
    7. Russia: $6.0 trillion
    8. Brazil: $5.2 trillion
    9. UK: $4.2 trillion
    10. France: $4.1 trillion
    11. Mexico: $4.0 trillion
    12. Turkey: $3.7 trillion
    13. South Korea: $3.3 trillion
    14. Italy: $3.1 trillion
    15. Egypt: $2.6 trillion

I don't see what's wrong with having a 20% Muslim population in the first place. Also you need to take into account the likes of Brazil, Russia Indonesia and China and india have much bigger populations than Britain. A better measure is gdp per capita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Kivaro wrote: »
    Maybe the video asks more of how his parents brought him up?
    I totaly agree, How was his parents themselves brought up? What conditions did they grow up in?

Maybe they played a roll on how he turned out?
    Of course they did, and maybe there up bringing played a role in how they brought up there son.

We cannot keep blaming society for individual abhorrent behaviour.
    Yes we can until society is fair for all. Equal education, equal health service, equality in pay for low paid, yes we can blame and should blame society. No one can jusify a solictor being paid more than a Care Assistant.

We should however examine the role of the welfare state in all of this.
    Personal responsibility has been replaced with cradle to death social welfare entitlements, which many times produces the anti-social element in society.
    Yes We should however examine the role of the welfare state, i for one could not live on state benefits. Maybe if employers paid a more decent wage and shared the wealth his or hers empoyers have made them, then maybe there be no need for this welfare state you seem to object to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

jesus, hope that woman learned some perspective from that interaction. doubt it.

• Advertisement

I don't see what's wrong with having a 20% Muslim population in the first place.
    It's a bit of a shake up after 1,000's of years, is it not?
    For a start you can reduce you armies potential catchment power by 20%, if there is any conflict to attend to over in the MidEast.

Your own views aside, what do you think any nationwide survey there today would say in response to this projection? Reckon all the biggest selling newspapers there would have plenty of cornflakes spat over them if they ran this projection as a headline item.
    Also you need to take into account the likes of Brazil, Russia Indonesia and China and india have much bigger populations than Britain. A better measure is gdp per capita.

Already took into account the E7 (emmerging economies), Brazil will take the uk's position before too long. Population is irrelevant, nation state power and total GDP is really all that matters at the table.

If you wanted to look at purchasing power per person, may as well stick little ole Luxembourg on the top of the cake, maybe even Ire in the top 2 or 3.

jesus, hope that woman learned some perspective from that interaction. doubt it.

Sure she was still ranting even after the knife was produced.

I would hazard a guess she was there for a while moaning for no reason.

It's a bit of a shake up after 1,000's of years, is it not?
    For a start you can reduce you armies potential catchment power by 20%, if there is any conflict to attend to over in the MidEast.

Your own views aside, what do you think any nationwide survey there today would say in response to this projection? Reckon all the biggest selling newspapers there would have plenty of cornflakes spat over them if they ran this projection as a headline item.

Already took into account the E7 (emmerging economies), Brazil will take the uk's position before too long. Population is irrelevant, nation state power and total GDP is really all that matters at the table.

If you wanted to look at purchasing power per person, may as well stick little ole Luxembourg on the top of the cake, maybe even Ire in the top 2 or 3.

What I mean is quality of life for the average Briton will be better than the equivalent for a Brazilian. Surely that's a better metric than dick measuring armies or economic clout?

What I mean is quality of life for the average Briton will be better than the equivalent for a Brazilian. Surely that's a better metric than dick measuring armies or economic clout?
    Depends, if the two superpowers of 2030-50 (China & India) are looking for a mutual partnership for some product/service, Brazil, even Indonesia would look more attractive than the uk to send container shipments.

For actual quality of life, the uk in the european area , is likely already outclassed by the Nordics, Germany, Ire and perhaps France/Denmark/Sweden also (with regional variations of course).
    A recent 2018 Human Development Index, puts the uk down at 15th, Ireland at 3rd. Norway and Swiss as the top2.

It's hard to forsee what the uk, with 20% muslim population will look like, perhaps towns and cities will be woken by the call to prayer on loudspeakers, all meat sold will be halal (already is in many schools and fast food places), education and laws will also be affected, and so on. Pubs closing down, bingo and bookies considered out of bounds. Already LIDL has airbrushed the cross off it's greek product range (packaging), across the EU, so as not to upset anyone.

Depends, if the two superpowers of 2030-50 (China & India) are looking for a mutual partnership for some product/service, Brazil, even Indonesia would look more attractive than the uk to send container shipments.

For actual quality of life, the uk in the european area , is likely already outclassed by the Nordics, Germany, Ire and perhaps France/Denmark/Sweden also (with regional variations of course).
    A recent 2018 Human Development Index, puts the uk down at 15th, Ireland at 3rd. Norway and Swiss as the top2.

Careful.

Lot of Boards posters won't be happy with that. Never stop telling us what a sh1thole we live in, a 3rd world country.

Careful. Lot of Boards posters won't be happy with that. Never stop telling us what a sh1thole we live in, a 3rd world country.

True enough, that's more of an emmerging urban factor for crime, also the weather is pants, and public transport can be improved.

For combined general security, freedom, work, spending power and education could well be top 5 globally.

I'll agree to that if the lads here say they'll go on the same tirades next time a white lad shoots up a school or a black church but we both know that won't happen.

Well, I'll happily condemn the random murder of people based on their ethnicity or religion - irrespective of what colour the perpetrators skin is. So, can we agree now, then, that for true equality to exist, automatically assuming mental illness, rather than deliberate intent to murder, when the perpetrator is from a minority ethnic group, is racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John Wise

Daily mail in the UK have indicated the killer in reading was not a Muslim. I am new to the forum so therefore can't post the url.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Would confirm my suspicions based on seeing his FB before it was, presumably, taken down.

Which begs the question why the state and media were so quick to talk up the jihadist angle and not see the elephant in the room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

If that happens more than likely the first person to be prosecuted would be white person out camping. Whilst African and Asian youths on the streets of Britain will get away scot free.

• Advertisement

John Wise wrote: »
    Daily mail in the UK have indicated the killer in reading was not a Muslim. I am new to the forum so therefore can't post the url.

Good point he was Christian but that fact is lost amongst the gammons.

GT89 wrote: »
    If that happens more than likely the first person to be prosecuted would be white person out camping. Whilst African and Asian youths on the streets of Britain will get away scot free.

Anything to back this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

When we have seen incidents like this in the past police are quick to emphasize how a single person does not represent the views of a particular religion.

In this case we're seeing Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu emphasize that the terrorist attack was “not associated with the Black Lives Matter protest” which took place on Saturday.
    Responding to a Sky News post revealing the attack was being treated as terror related, Mo Saadallah[Apparently a brother of the murderer] wrote: 'This is not true. Khairi defended himself ... racist countries. Freedom for my brother Before !!'

On Sunday he posted: 'We are not terrois (sic) and f*** England. #The_kingdom_of_racism'.

The 25-year-old allegedly claimed to have fought both for and against ISIS, though officials assessing him found he didn't subscribe to any ideology or belief system and instead had mental health issues.

However, once in the UK, he is thought to have converted to Christianity and has a tattoo of a cross on his arm.
    Dail Mail

I guess we'll never know what radicalized this deranged chap into stabbing multiple white victims, since it had nothing to do with the events that took place earlier that day.

And for how long exactly, was the chap from Libya a good-living Christian?

Was he a regular at mass/church last year?

Or did he rob a supermarket instead with a broken bottle I.e. He likely told authorites what the wanted to hear, to take focus off himself and his criminal nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Look in the mirror if you want to see racism. You're sad and in need of some help.

I could easily see you killing the "gammoms" next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I don't see what's wrong with having a 20% Muslim population in the first place. Also you need to take into account the likes of Brazil, Russia Indonesia and China and india have much bigger populations than Britain. A better measure is gdp per capita.

Once the Muslim population goes over 15% it will be irreversible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Looking at his pictures that he was clearly an afinionado of the hip-popular culture. I mean it’s not even funny anymore just another victim himself; one would have to feel a degree of sympathy for anyone who succumbs to this particular disease as kids generally do now. It truly is proving to be a lowest most common denominator but some of them tend to identify with black america more than even themselves, the jihadist angle is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Once the Muslim population goes over 15% it will be irreversible.

What will be irreversible?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

mick087 wrote: »
    Thats nonsense :pac:

There are a few issues at the moment and us Irish in the future will have our own race, colour, job quotas issues to address.

We have a young multi culture society growing here in Ireland.

Walking in Dublin today is like walking in any of Europes main cites. Black white Asian European students young old all colours all races religons, living working togeather.
    sounds like utopia.

• Advertisement

So, any reply to my earlier question.

I'll post it again in case you missed it:

"Well, I'll happily condemn the random murder of people based on their ethnicity or religion - irrespective of what colour the perpetrators skin is. So, can we agree now, then, that for true equality to exist, automatically assuming mental illness, rather than deliberate intent to murder, when the perpetrator is from a minority ethnic group, is racism?"

Advertisement