Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing at Reading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

“Imagine if on Saturday evening a white neo-Nazi had stabbed three men to death. Imagine, furthermore, if in the wake of the killings it had turned out that all three of the victims were gay. Or ‘members of the LGBT community’, to use the lexicon of the time. And then imagine if two days later nobody in the UK or anywhere else was very interested in any of this. So what if the victims were all gay? Why bother sifting around for motives. What are you trying to say? Bigot.

Well something that might well be analogous to that happened in Reading on Saturday evening and over the days since.

On Saturday evening, Khairi Saadallah went on a stabbing spree in Forbury Gardens, Reading. His victims were three gay men, James Furlong, David Wails and Joe Ritchie-Bennett. It has since emerged that the 25-year old suspect, who is now in police custody, came to the UK from Libya in 2012. He is reported to have come to the attention of MI5 last year as an individual who had the potential to travel overseas for terrorism purposes. The Security Service apparently decided that he was not an immediate risk.

The families of Furlong, Wails and Ritchie-Bennett might beg to differ on that last point. But who knows. So far there has been almost no interest expressed in the possible motives of the attacker. Quite possibly there is a mental health component. In which case I would expect that to be looked into. Quite possibly there will be some drugs-related component. In which case I would expect the usual voices to demand an investigation into that. But anything else to see here? Any other reason why a migrant from Libya who was given asylum in the UK might want to go around stabbing gay men? Well who would even ask such questions? What do you want to find? Bigot.

So far the most analysis there has been has been to inform us all of the wonderfulness of the victims. We can learn that the victims were not just ‘proud gay men’ who attended Reading Pride, but that at least one of them – Furlong – was also ‘a strong advocate for the Black Lives Matter movement.’ Perhaps Saadallah didn’t get that memo. Perhaps if he had known how involved in social activism his victims were then he would have left them alone and stabbed some people who never much bothered with such things, or kept themselves to themselves.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-isn-t-being-mentioned-about-the-reading-attack-victims-

Par for the course for media coverage when events like this happen. They’re far more worried about appearing bigoted to random people on Twitter than highlighting any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

The media are enemies of the people.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    If you're trying to imply that I'm the racist after all the **** that's been posted here you're insane. There's your answer.

I'll just leave this here:

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe middle-aged white men, either on the political right or who supported Brexit.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
    Gammon (insult) - Wikipedia

You can work it out from there.
    Racists can insult all manner of races - Black, White, or A.N. Other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'll just leave this here:

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe middle-aged white men, either on the political right or who supported Brexit.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
    Gammon (insult) - Wikipedia

You can work it out from there.
    Racists can insult all manner of races - Black, White, or A.N. Other.

It has changed, somewhat, become a catch all slur for working class people for many on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Indeed. The left - mostly led by declasse bourgeois like Boyd Barrett, Coppinger, Daly, Murphy etc, etc - do despise the workers for not listening to them.

So they have embraced "identity" politics. Roots of this go back to Marcuse in 60s who claimed that the workers had "sold out" on university professors and students who knew what was best for them when all they were interested in was decent jobs, houses, education, civil rights in US all of which was in large part secured by real working class politics through unions and civil society and democratic politics.

The ultra left were too busy w@nking over Stalin and Lenin and Trotsky and Mao and the Black Panther gang to notice. Now they are taking out their disappointment through looting and mass crime and the attack on western tradition.

Their new heroes are criminal scum. Coming this way soon folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

AllForIt wrote: »
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-isn-t-being-mentioned-about-the-reading-attack-victims-/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Douglas Murray makes the point that if 3 gay men were murdered by a far right Nazi, the media reaction would be a lot different. I'd imagine vigils in Soho and impassioned speeches about knocking back hate from The Guardians Owen Jones.

But what do get? Just a lot of predicable chatter about mental health issues and radicalisation.

On the subject of radicalisation, how is it it's always the ones that have been radicalised that carry out the attacks and not the ones who do the radicalising.

Well, I don’t know. I loathe Jones. I really loathe the snivelling weasel. But when the Orlando attack happened, he famously (and hilariously) stormed off the set of Sky News because the other two pundits were, in his view, downplaying the homophobic nature of the massacre and that attack was carried out by a Muslim man. He did not hold back on condemning the attack.

i first heard the slur 'gammon' on james obrien show (LBC) when he was referring to brexiteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Well, I don’t know. I loathe Jones. I really loathe the snivelling weasel. But when the Orlando attack happened, he famously (and hilariously) stormed off the set of Sky News because the other two pundits were, in his view, downplaying the homophobic nature of the massacre and that attack was carried out by a Muslim man. He did not hold back on condemning the attack.

I remember it well, I watched it live. Nearly spilt my cuppa. However I think that was a departure from his usual position. This is more himself https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/muslims-lgbtq-birmingham-sex-education-school-protests . When push comes to shove he'll put right wingers at the top of his list of enemy's and not the ones who are responsible for gay Muslims seeking refuge in the West for being persecuted in their own countries.

https://twitter.com/stonewalluk/status/1275https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/muslims-lgbtq-birmingham-sex-education-school-protests081326912126979

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

dennispenn wrote: »
    i first heard the slur 'gammon' on james obrien show (LBC) when he was referring to brexiteers.

James O'Brien is 'allowed' to use any perioperative he wants and get away with it because he's a lefty. I'm sure if Nigel Farage spoke in the same manner, who until recently had his own show on the same station, he would have been sacked immediately. Incidentally JoB blocked me on Twitter the other day, First time I was ever blocked. I checked back on my tweets to see if I said anything rude but nope. Just blocks ppl he disagrees with him. Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kerry4Gold

awful stuff

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    I remember it well, I watched it live. Nearly spilt my cuppa. However I think that was a departure from his usual position. This is more himself https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/muslims-lgbtq-birmingham-sex-education-school-protests . When push comes to shove he'll put right wingers at the top of his list of enemy's and not the ones who are responsible for gay Muslims seeking refuge in the West for being persecuted in their own countries.

https://twitter.com/stonewalluk/status/1275https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/muslims-lgbtq-birmingham-sex-education-school-protests081326912126979

jones conveniently forgetting the channel 4 survey, results printed in his guardian newspaper.

"when asked to what extent they agreed or disagreed that homosexuality should be legal in Britain, 18% said they agreed and 52% said they disagreed, compared with 5% among the public at large who disagreed. Almost half (47%) said they did not agree that it was acceptable for a gay person to become a teacher, compared with 14% of the general population"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

jones will be fighting a fight he will not win with muslims. plenty countries out there would love to throw him from a rooftop.

i know the chap who carried out the stabbing is said to have been a Christian. i call bullcrap on this. hes no convert. plenty genuine cases out there, this is not one in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Really dried up in here since it was reported he converted to Christianity and the targets were all LGBT.
    i know the chap who carried out the stabbing is said to have been a Christian. i call bullcrap on this. hes no convert. plenty genuine cases out there, this is not one in my view.

On what are you basing this view?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »

Might draw back a few posters. Be interesting to see if he converted and then back again or if it was a ruse.

Might draw back a few posters. Be interesting to see if he converted and then back again or if it was a ruse.
    Do you believe his religious beliefs had anything to do with the stabbings and murders of the homosexual men?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd be more concerned how he got in to the UK in the first place rather than who he was praying to, and they run a tighter ship over there than we do, just goes to show there is no way of knowing for sure who is coming claiming to be asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Was the park a Gay hangout or something?

I'd be more concerned how he got in to the UK in the first place rather than who he was praying to, and they run a tighter ship over there than we do, just goes to show there is no way of knowing for sure who is coming claiming to be asylum seekers.

Hundreds of middle Eastern men crossing the channel weekly and being 'rescued' by the coastguard and voluntary rescue operators.

No offense but it's Irrelevant how he got to the UK now that he's murdered three innocent people who are gay. That's the only story here and one that, as pointed out by Douglas Murray, that the media are refusing to touch. The channel 4 survey is very revealing on what the followers of Islam in the UK believe about homosexuals. The UK has imported an ideology that's going to end badly, well it has already with the mass slaughtering of innocents in the numerous bombings and killings, for its native people, the irony of this is one of the murdered victims was an advocate for open borders.

Don't need to be smart, but how can you tell who is gay from seeing them in a park!

It is as likely that he killed them because they were white but of course no-one wants to be going there, do they?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Don't need to be smart, but how can you tell who is gay from seeing them in a park!

It is as likely that he killed them because they were white but of course no-one wants to be going there, do they?

They could have been holding hands, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Really dried up in here since it was reported he converted to Christianity and the targets were all LGBT.
    The man accused of murdering three pals in a Reading park "terror attack" shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he stabbed them, a court heard today (29 June).

Prosecuter(Newbold) said at the time of the incident, the defendant was heard to shout words to the effect of "Allahu Akbar".

So a Christian convert? Not so much.
    So a mental health issue? Not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

words to the effect of "Allahu Akbar"

God is Great

Do you believe his religious beliefs had anything to do with the stabbings and murders of the homosexual men?

Possible. Not clear how he would have known though or why he would have targeted that area looking for gay people. Maybe just a crime of opportunity when he saw them together.

The man accused of murdering three pals in a Reading park "terror attack" shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he stabbed them, a court heard today (29 June).

Prosecuter(Newbold) said at the time of the incident, the defendant was heard to shout words to the effect of "Allahu Akbar".

So a Christian convert? Not so much.
    So a mental health issue? Not so much.

Thanks for proving my point. I figured some of the regulars would be back when he was Muslim again.

Was the park a Gay hangout or something?

Are you on a wind-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Douglas Murray gives an interview stating his upset at the downplaying of the fact the victims were gay in the stabbing and at the lack of outrage from the LGBT media voices. Might be interesting to some.

It is bizarre.

Wouldn't necessarily be convinced that they were targeted for being gay but I don't know. One only piece of scum knows that.

But neither do the LGBT advocate groups, so one assumes they are ignoring the murders just in case it looks bad for the left in general. Just as they have nothing to say about Hamas and others treatment of gay people because they are "brown" or fighting Zionism or some such cr@p.

BLM, by the way, who held a protest in the park hours before the murders, had nothing to say other than they were glad none of their members or protesters had been victims!

So that's okay then.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It is bizarre.

Wouldn't necessarily be convinced that they were targeted for being gay but I don't know. One only piece of scum knows that.

But neither do the LGBT advocate groups, so one assumes they are ignoring the murders just in case it looks bad for the left in general. Just as they have nothing to say about Hamas and others treatment of gay people because they are "brown" or fighting Zionism or some such cr@p.

BLM, by the way, who held a protest in the park hours before the murders, had nothing to say other than they were glad none of their members or protesters had been victims!

So that's okay then.

BLM activists are full of nasty assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Douglas Murray gives an interview stating his upset at the downplaying of the fact the victims were gay in the stabbing and at the lack of outrage from the LGBT media voices. Might be interesting to some.

Wow...the silence is deafening on that one. Three gay men murdered in broad daylight during pride month and not a dicky bird.

Wow...the silence is deafening on that one. Three gay men murdered in broad daylight during pride month and not a dicky bird.

Context means it can't be talked about.

Amsterdam is now the gay bashing capital of Europe for the same reasons but that can't be talked about either.

• Advertisement

Seems that gay antifa chaps are not having a good time in Rikkers and elsewhere after having collar felt by polis for rioting and looting. Looking for special protections that are given to others like transgender chaps who are likely to be raped by the majority population, who no doubt appreciate their solidarity.

Ironically leftie lawyers are in effect arguing that they be kept away from the brothers!

Apparently being a self declared antifa activist does not entitle one to segregation. Oh well.

Advertisement