Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing at Reading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

RasTa wrote: »
    The Tories have been in power for 10 years

Yes they have. But somehow I suspect it's all the left's fault. I'm not sure how it's the left's fault but I'm pretty sure someone will be able to explain it to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

gibsmedat wrote: »
    At what point will western govts decide to stop subjecting their citizens to this imported barbarity?

Europes future is going to be bloody.

We need to stop the asylum scam. This man was supposedly “fleeing for his life.” Now, just like the Manchester bomber, he has murdered natives from the nation who supposedly gave him safe haven from persecution.

This will happen again and again unless the route of asylum is stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Never ceases to amaze me when the IRA is brought up in threads like this, the very same posters would be shouting whataboutery if you tried to make a similar "argument". Some foreigner running around a family park hacking people to death, but but IRA.

They know full well these incidents don't equate at all, the comments are designed to confustigate discussion - either that or they are in total denial and unwilling to accept the reality that their multicultural liberal dytopian dream may not be all thats it's cracked up to be.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Yes they have. But somehow I suspect it's all the left's fault. I'm not sure how it's the left's fault but I'm pretty sure someone will be able to explain it to us.

Yeah do that "everyone blames us thing", quality deflecting.
    Remember july 7th 2005 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

On issues like this the left are vocal and influential. In terms of Govt decision making they have never been weaker across Europe and especially weal amongst the working class.

It is their middle class activists who are a bigger driver of their position now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Never ceases to amaze me when the IRA is brought up in threads like this, the very same posters would be shouting whataboutery if you tried to make a similar "argument".

They know full well these incidents don't equate at all, the comments are designed to confustigate discussion - either that or they are in total denial and unwilling to accept the reality that their multicultural liberal dytopian dream may not be all thats it's cracked up to be.

I do hope some of the same posters are around in a few years to face some tough questions when this experiment inevitably goes t!ts up.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    We need to stop the asylum scam. This man was supposedly “fleeing for his life.” Now, just like the Manchester bomber, he has murdered natives from the nation who supposedly gave him safe haven from persecution.

And there you have it, everything is hidden behind 'racist this and discrimination that', at the behest of general public safety. At some point it might click that we don't actually need diversity.

Now saying Mental health was a major contributor.

Which is modern words for a Sunni Muslim with a strict adherence to the Koran and the 4 righteous Caliphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    There was a BLM protest in Reading yesterday. And then people were stabbed afterwards. Ofcourse people are going to think there's a connection. You can bet the Lybian used the BLM protest as cover.

I wouldn't take that bet at all. The protests were 5 hours before the stabbing, not much cover at that stage. There is no link, bar the one some folks are desperate to make. That's why the police have confirmed there is no connection and why the earlier posts linking the 2 on this thread were deleted.
    Mr. Karate wrote: »
    BLM is as much of a good cause as the KKK is.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Maybe the cover of hate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 IsErik

How on earth is this a scam? The mans family was probably butchered by the US/UK army at some stage that or else he obviously had mental health issues.

So much racist undertones in this thread it's unreal.

IsErik wrote: »
    How on earth is this a scam? The mans family was probably butchered by the US/UK army at some stage that or else he obviously had mental health issues.

He has no personal agency , no belief systems of his own just everything through the prism of UK and US action.

Never ceases to amaze me when the IRA is brought up in threads like this, the very same posters would be shouting whataboutery if you tried to make a similar "argument". Some foreigner running around a family park hacking people to death, but but IRA.

How do they not equate exactly? And what on talking about dytopian dream? Multiculturalism has elevated Ireland to the next level in terms of quality of life, if it weren't for it we would still be living like cavemen and be in a perma recession.

Africa is a continent made of 54 countries. There is absolutely no need for anyone to “flee” thousands of miles to a windswept isle in Northern Europe due to persecution.

It’s a scam for people to bypass immigration laws and to settle here. This man claimed asylum - it doesn’t mean that he was under persecution. Most asylum seekers in Ireland don’t get refugee status but, unfortunately, very few ever get deported. I’m sure it’s similar in the U.K.

These terror attacks and murders would not have taken place if politicians grew a set and shut down the asylum scam.

Yeah do that "everyone blames us thing", quality deflecting.
    Remember july 7th 2005 ?

Deflecting from what? How on earth is "the left" to blame?

Africa is a continent made of 54 countries. There is absolutely no need for anyone to “flee” thousands of miles to a windswept isle in Northern Europe due to persecution.

It’s a scam for people to bypass immigration laws and to settle here. This man claimed asylum - it doesn’t mean that he was under persecution. Most asylum seekers in Ireland don’t get refugee status but, unfortunately, very few ever get deported. I’m sure it’s similar in the U.K.

These terror attacks and murders would not have taken place if politicians grew a set and shut down the asylum scam.

Coming from someone born in the 1st world, how brave of you to make such an assumption. You have no idea what these people have been through.

Often i'm amazed with how quick these people adapt to our country and are quick to set up a nice life for themselves (often doing better than the locals), the only people i hear complain about the "foreigners" are those who are being outperformed by them and quite frankly that's on them, if someone can arrive from Africa with little English and end up doing better than you then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Plenty of racists around these days it seems.

Danzy wrote: »
    On issues like this the left are vocal and influential. In terms of Govt decision making they have never been weaker across Europe and especially weal amongst the working class.

It is their middle class activists who are a bigger driver of their position now.

LOL. It was supposed to be rhetorical. There's no need to actually strain yourself to imagine a way it could be the fault of "the left".

Never ceases to amaze me how far out of their way some people will go to make it about their favourite issue.

In the poinr about asylum seekers, there are bound to be a few bad eggs. The British have plenty of bad eggs in their own ranks. Giving asylum to some people who really need it, is a good thing. There will be some incidents and this is an extreme incident. But it doesn't mean they should end all asylum or end immigration entirely.

It's a terrible tragedy. If they're not treating it as terrorism then if assume it's just a case of mental illness, schizophrenia or drug endured psychosis. It's a terrible shame, but they've the perpetrator in custody, which is good.

Edit: they are treating it as terrorism.

Coming from someone born in the 1st world, how brave of you to make such an assumption. You have no idea what these people have been through.

Often i'm amazed with how quick these people adapt to our country and are quick to set up a nice life for themselves (often doing better than the locals), the only people i hear complain about the "foreigners" are those who are being outperformed by them and quite frankly that's on them, if someone can arrive from Africa with little English and end up doing better than you then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Plenty of racists around these days it seems.

The majority of Africans in Ireland are not working.....

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1107/1009164-esri_migrants/

They may indeed be getting on fine in Ireland. That would be down to the hard work of the hard pressed Irish taxpayer who provides the majority of them with welfare and social housing.

Now, the pertinent question is as to why visa required nationals are allowed to migrate here and not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Kivaro wrote: »
    The 25-year-old man is believed to be a Libyan asylum seeker who had already spent time in prison.
    One does not really have to wonder why this tidbit of information was not reported by the mainstream media today.

Who do you consider the mainstream media to be? It was reported on both Sky News and BBC today that he was an asylum seeker from Libya.

One does however would have to wonder why he was not deported after committing crimes that put him in prison while seeking asylum?

Considering the UK has had an increasingly right wing government in power for 10 years, one would wonder alright.

The report about the murder of the 3 people was the 3rd or 4th item on the Irish Virgin Media news, and when I skipped over to Sky News, it was not discussed at about 8 minutes after the hour, so not an important story to them either.

The 3rd item in Irish news? Astonishing. I wonder if there is any other item that would have been considered more important in Irish news to push a British story down a couple of spaces. Let me see. Was there some other major story that could have been top billing today?

Did you know you can look back at the whole Sky News Live coverage for the day? It's been mainly, as in almost exclusively, the Reading incident. There was also a shooting that gets coverage and some stuff on the Pandemic.

Imagine for a moment, if it was a white preparatory who savagely stabbed at the necks (from reports at the scene) of non-white innocent people, what would have been the response of our main news sources in Ireland? The fact that it was white people that were murdered and seriously injured by a non-white asylum seeker relegated the story down to the 3rd of 4th report of the news. If it was the other way around, half of RTE would be flying to Reading to report live from the scene, and we would have more marches of thousands of people in Ireland condemning the brutal terror attack.

Pure speculation and not backed up by anything. Did they do that when Jo Cox was murdered? When the right wing folks attacked the mosques? Genuinely curious here because I don't recall them doing that.

How this attack is not described as a terror or hate/racial attack speaks volumes about the biased liberal nature of media reporting.
    RIP to the victims and survivors of this horrendous event.

It is described as a terrorist incident. Everywhere. And has been since the police declared it to be so. Sky tweeted it last night at 11pm. Maybe they aren't msm enough for you?

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1274466533096321024

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Another sad Incident 3 people dead killed in an horrific manner.
    3 white people killed by a African Islamist extremist???

What would of been said if this had been a white man who had killed 3 black people?
    He would of been called a right wing extremist.

Looks like the guy was arrested at his home which looks to me like an council estate. The flats look small and it dont look like a place i would like to live.
    Why in this day and age are people living in such bloody dreadful housing.
    So far there seems to be no evidence to link this man to any extremist organization.
    Living in poverty like that leads to many having mental health issues.

These 3 people matter there lives matter, all lives matter.
    There poor familes it really does make for sad reading.

• Advertisement

The majority of Africans in Ireland are not working.....

They may indeed be getting on fine in Ireland. That would be down to the hard work of the hard pressed Irish taxpayer who provides the majority of them with welfare and social housing.

Now, the pertinent question is as to why visa required nationals are allowed to migrate here and not work?

I spit out my pasta, thanks for the laugh. Where is the proof of this or this just another line from the racist playbook.

I spit out my pasta, thanks for the laugh. Where is the proof of this or this just another line from the racist playbook.

The majority don’t work. They live in Ireland. Do you think they live on fresh air or Irish social welfare?

This is basic stuff. Do you need proof that the sky is blue?

The majority don’t work. They live in Ireland. Do you think they live on fresh air or Irish social welfare?

This is basic stuff. Do you need proof that the sky is blue?

How do you know they don't work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Pasta! Are spuds not good enough for you with yer foreign food. :)

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yesterday the media was cautious about declaring this a terrorist attack. Police as well to be fair. Might be a mental health issue you know.

Not 24 hours later it's now breaking the assailant was known to MI5. What is the point of MI5 is they don't do anything about the people they have already identified?

No doubt hyper pc sensitivity to the actions and movements of foreigners in the UK has played a role in preventing this guy being stopped. This can't go on.

How do you know they don't work

Only 45% of Africans in Ireland are in employment. I linked you to the article based on an ESRI report.
    The employment rate for Africans in Ireland was also very low at 45%

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yesterday the media was cautious about declaring this a terrorist attack. Police as well to be fair. Might be a mental health issue you know.

Not 24 hours later it's now breaking the assailant was known to MI5. What is the point of MI5 is they don't do anything about the people they have already identified?

No doubt hyper pc sensitivity to the actions and movements of foreigners in the UK has played a role in preventing this guy being stopped. This can't go on.

It will go on and will continue to get worse each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

That link you posted Delaney is from that far right racist website, eh, rte!
    Re-reg Erik will not accept any findings from rte or the ersi- they are all hate filled!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Thankfully such terrorist attacks are still rare in the UK. However, most of them do not come out of the blue, they generally come from someone who is ‘known’ to MI5. Rounding up lots of foreigners and locking them all up is unlikely to work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

I dont think there is any evidence this man was part of any extremist group. Im not saying he was not but that there is no evidence to state this.

People dont want to look at other reasons this could happen like conditions some people have to live in. Its more easy to make things political.
    This might be a case of lack of a decent health system the UK. Unless you have a nice job with a company health insurance plan or your own private insurance plan then your not going to get any help very soon.

Advertisement