Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wendy House

• 20-06-2020 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Hey DIY forum peeps. While I read a lot of threads here I don't think I've ever posted before.
    Anyway during lockdown I somehow got persuaded by my daughter's to build them a wendy house, obviously in a moment of madness.
    Anyway once the hardware shop reopened I got a delivery and any spare time since I've been beating away at this, mostly winging it.

Pre commencement design team meeting
    hfWMwkQl.jpg

Foundations
    W5Tw19el.jpg
    lqpD0Jgl.jpg
    PyM7tHzl.jpg

Deck and floor
    Cuacl2Rl.jpg
    HctTbwll.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Built the walls on the ground and started putting them together
    lNbIVWDl.jpg
    EqpKkA9l.jpg

A bit of help
    mSXUCXLl.jpg
    sk2dTJxl.jpg

Starting the cladding
    1qR42Vvl.jpg
    zJm2XC2l.jpg
    PPuryl2l.jpg

Found out the hard way that doing a roof by yourself is no fun
    gJYOGRRl.jpg
    fdXNByzl.jpg
    ZzimpI1l.jpg
    LZnC5mzl.jpg

Im missing a few pics but it was then decided that a veranda was an essential part of the build. The hardware also didn't have enough marine ply so that halted the build as I needed some for the back roof.
    PzsSa6al.jpg
    Y3uS6xxl.jpg
    QoMACM6l.jpg
    RVjlKYJl.jpg

Finally got the ply and pressed on with finishing the roof and covering it.
    YtMUEW4l.jpg
    i2daYjpl.jpg
    wRpcl6fl.jpg
    p8799ugl.jpg
    TRyWxHRl.jpg

And that's as far on as I am now.i can't get perspex to do the windows as it's all sold out so I just need to make a door and put up a fence.
    Will leave them play with it for a while and will probably then clad the inside walls with something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

Nice job. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Jasus thats one solid wendy house, there wont be any wolves blowing that down any time soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

That's class, well done, the kids must be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That ain't no Wendy house that's a man cave.....

Well done looks spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Looks good. Solid piece of work.

Roughly how much has it cost so far?

Jasus thats one solid wendy house, there wont be any wolves blowing that down any time soon!

Thanks. It is a bit over engineered as I asked a carpenter friend for what materials I should use and I think he went to town on it!

turbostan wrote: »
    That's class, well done, the kids must be delighted

Yeah they are. My carpenter friend offered to help but I turned him down as they wanted us to do it. They have loved being part of it(except for when something wasn't going right and I'd let a stream of f#%*$).

• Advertisement

That ain't no Wendy house that's a man cave.....

Well done looks spectacular.

Unfortunately it won't double up as one. I downloaded a set of plans from the internet for $5 but I changed around some of the sizes. The original height to the eaves was 1200mm but I made it 1500.I can stand up in it due to the roof but the door is only 1350 high so it's a bit too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

What a great thing to do. Your girls will never forget that their daddy built them a Wendy house.

kippy wrote: »
    Looks good. Solid piece of work.

Roughly how much has it cost so far?

I've got everything from the same hardware so I can give you an exact figure. First bill was €730 and second was €264.
    I have enough wood for the door and fence just need another few bits for trims,a door latch and hinges and some perspex so I'd say about €100 more should finish it.

So finally got some perspex and a bit of time. Windows in, fence up and door done. I'm not really happy with the door but it will do for the summer and I will change it completely after if I have any tools left as I feel like burning anything carpentry related!
    Total build time was about 80 hours and cost was €1100.
    I'd imagine a carpenter would knock it up in jig time though.

z42ruhGl.jpg

ZpeGthOl.jpg

Advertisement