Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls for Black Lives Matter UK to explain how it will spend £1million donations

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

ceannbui wrote: »
    The ignorance contained in this post gives me the confidence that nobody has a clue what they are talking about in this forum

Including yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Hypocrisy of the highest order. You've got this belief that being a smart-ass and appearing well-educated elevates your opinion above everyone else's. A typical attitude of your sort. Everyone's opinion matters, except when they disagree with you. What a sad, sad person you are.

There is an almighty snobbery problem growing in the modern left, mixed with à sense of righteousness and moralizing only seen in the worst of the Catholic Church in decades past.

Talking to a lad I know who is a cllr for a now major party, he said about thise who were complaining about a stance that he had taken, that they would still be at their scaffolding job come Monday morning.

None stop snobbery at this stage and that is a problem across the world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Here's Joshua himself:

F9CIQT3.png

The taliban scarf gives me the confidence that the money will go towards improving the lives of black people.
    That's not a "Taliban scarf", it's a shemagh or keffiyeh.

White and black is associated with Fatah (PLO)
    White and red usually is Jordan
    White, black and yellow is not a statement itself. Probably just a desert warfare shemagh he picked up in some shop cause it looked cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Danzy wrote: »
    BLM as an org has very bizarre views, fringe positions from the Trotskyite wing of politics.

Interesting....

I'm drawn back three years to our own Apollo House scenario...where the fate of c.€131,000 has largely been forgotten...

https://www.thejournal.ie/home-sweet-home-money-3359321-May2017/

I'm confident that BLM has a plan to deal with their few bob......;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

ceannbui wrote: »
    The ignorance contained in this post gives me the confidence that nobody has a clue what they are talking about in this forum

You've proved yourself to be highly ignorant throughout this thread but this ridiculous sense of self that you have has blinded you to such a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Take a gander over at an Ask Me Anything on Reddit by the managing director of BLM. It did not go terribly well, shall we say. A huge amount of questions on finances and where the money is being spent - unanswered and dodged. How many large companies and organisations have donated obscene amounts in the last few weeks, not for tax right off purposes but for the greater good obviously and where is the money now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/gyzs79/i_am_kailee_scales_managing_director_for_black/

Hopefully it's investigated, not that the majority of people who are all in on this political and social revolution will care - maybe the white man stole it?

Charlatans, the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

If the media had any honesty and weren't cowards this organisation would be scrutinised and called out for what it is, a bunch of commis.

Get rid of capitalism, get rip of police, get rid of the prison system. I mean really? That isn't daily mail speculation, those goals are written in black and white text across their gofundme pages. Occasionally the mask does slip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If the media had any honesty and weren't cowards this organisation would be scrutinised and called out for what it is, a bunch of commis.

Well someone has to make the dinner!

Well someone has to make the dinner!

I doubt this shower could make beans on toast without burning something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I doubt this shower could make beans on toast without burning something.

Burnt toast matters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Take a gander over at an Ask Me Anything on Reddit by the managing director of BLM.

Thanks for that; I'm finding it difficult to find information from any 'leaders' in this movement.

His answers are very cryptic. If you focus on his questions only about the police he seems to be speaking in riddles; he presents more of an rorschach inkblot test and lets you decide for yourself what he means. Repacking is obviously counter-revolutionary so what is he saying? It seems he wants to abolish the police because it's working the way it was intended to, then set up community policing and divert funds to the black community to do this. He's also saying there's an element of spite to this. Any proposal to remove the police first is bordering on insanity.

Questions:
    • How do you see this working?
    • Is that just a call to stop demilitarizing of the police? Or a drastic reduction in police power?
    • If a drastic reduction in police power, how would you debate the idea that crime would go up due to a lack of punishment/police?

Answer:
    Simply put the criminal justice system in this country -- including law enforcement and incarceration -- is actually working the way it is intended to.
    We are calling for a re-focused effort to transform and nurture our communities.

Question:
    One of the primary goals of BLM at the moment seems to be defunding the police, to me this it seems like this is solely being done for retaliatory reasons and could have some serious negative consequences. What is the ultimate goal of defunding the police, and how do you think this will affect society at large?

Answer:
    It is less about retaliation and more about repairing what is broken so we can get out of the streets and on with our lives. So that Black people can be assured that we will not only survive, but thrive. The ultimate goal of defunding the police is to repair the systemic oppression that has bought us to this breaking point -- and to repair the pain inflicted upon Black people. But defunding is not enough -- we need to reallocate the funds to build and transform our communities.

Question:
    What do you think is the most important reform we should be pushing for?

Answer:
    We are pushing to defund the police force and transform our communities. I know that sounds like a lot to take in, but simply, it is the idea of creating the "American Dream" for all -- less cops on streets and better schools and social programming.

It just goes on and on and on... everyone asking him specifically what do you mean with every answer coming in the form of rhetoric.

Question:
    Have you ever travelled to different countries and experience the different views on race there?

Answer:
    I have worked in 14 countries all of over the world. I can tell you people from the African diaspora (Black people around the globe) face challenges everywhere.

Question:
    How do you manage the brand? Isn't it open to anyone to say they're doing X, Y or Z in the name of Black Lives Matter?

Answer:
    There are many other groups who do work as well, but BLM Global Network cannot vouch for the goals, values, and principles of other groups.

That's nice, not to have accountability like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I hope BLM organise a big protest at all the local gangbangers houses to protest the shooting of over 60 people , 9 killed including a 13 yo girl and a 3 yo boy in Chicago over the weekend

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/56-shot-9-fatally-so-far-this-weekend-in-chicago/2293066/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I think this deserves it's own thread,

So Solid Crew musician leads calls for Black Lives Matter to reveal the identities of its leaders and explain how it will spend £1million donations - as one of the anti-racism movement's masterminds says police should be AXED
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8443667/So-Solid-Crew-musician-leads-calls-Black-Lives-Matter-reveal-identities-leaders.html

and theres a long article here "The avowed aims of the British arm of Black Lives Matter are revealed: Abolish the police, smash capitalism… and close all prisons"

this deserves to be talked about, what are we funding, what are we supporting, what are we kneeling in solidarity with?

Have they used the "Expecting us to account for ever penny is racist, oppressive. And everybody knows that budgeting is a tool of White Supremacy." yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I hope BLM organise a big protest at all the local gangbangers houses to protest the shooting of over 60 people , 9 killed including a 13 yo girl in Chicago over the weekend

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/56-shot-9-fatally-so-far-this-weekend-in-chicago/2293066/

The very most of them African American.

There are as many Blacks in Chicago as there are people in cork city and county.

Just imagine if 60 people were shot this weekend in Cork and it's so common it will be repeated again next weekend.

The cops kill a handful of black people in America unjustly each year, the big challenge is the never ending wall if murder and crime that blacks do to each other.

The levels are shocking.

Easier for rich kid activists, Trots/anarchists to take easy option.

I hope BLM organise a big protest at all the local gangbangers houses to protest the shooting of over 60 people , 9 killed including a 13 yo girl in Chicago over the weekend

Everyone knows that white people are responsible for black on black violence and deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I hope BLM organise a big protest at all the local gangbangers houses to protest the shooting of over 60 people , 9 killed including a 13 yo girl and a 3 yo boy in Chicago over the weekend

This is a prime example of the hypocritical nature of the Black Lives Matters movement and its idiotic white naive supporters. Where are all the Irish (unemployed) BLM marchers when we need them? Does not 9 black lives in Chicago matter?

Advertisement