Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard courses. Free college courses sponsored by the Irish Government

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

I'm waiting for further info from NUIG also. My course doesn't start until mid-October so I'm sure they're up to their eyes dealing with registrations going by start date. After seeing the above two replies, I checked the Springboard site and saw that my application has gone from Accepted to Enrolled as of yesterday so I'm sure I'll be hearing from them soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Blizzard wrote: »
    I'm waiting for further info from NUIG also. My course doesn't start until mid-October so I'm sure they're up to their eyes dealing with registrations going by start date. After seeing the above two replies, I checked the Springboard site and saw that my application has gone from Accepted to Enrolled as of yesterday so I'm sure I'll be hearing from them soon.

What course did ya go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Mine shows as enrolled on the Springboard website too, not sure when that changed. I'd assume they're flat out and likely working from home, reckon we'll hear something soon

Checked when mine changed to enrolled and it was 4th August, same day I got an email from them saying they'd be in contact late August / start of September. Still 3 weeks until the course starts so plenty of time to hear something

zweton wrote: »
    What course did ya go for?
    Change Management; are you taking a course there this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mrm wrote: »
    I received my acceptance email mid august, no course related correspondence received since but my springboard application has update from 'accepted' to 'enrolled' in the last few days. It is moving along but slowly and without any direct correspondence from the college. I guess I'll expect an email about the enrollment shortly.
    dont count on it mines been enrolled since the start of july and the form download everyday since. Still waiting for some contact from the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

py wrote: »
    DCU have been good with responses. Most colleges are in unchartered territory with delivering courses online so I'd say they're hesitant to provide details they don't yet have.

DCU emailed within the last 24 hours with details of registration. Got that completed and paid over the €338 for my course. Now for the hard work to begin next month. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

NCI have been very good they sent over registration details very quickly, got set up on e-mail etc then. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Moodle for Sligo IT is meant to go live at some stage today when they complete maintenance.

I got an email from NUIG yesterday late afternoon which advised the registration details for my course. I can't register as yet as I wasn't given my student number so I guess I'm waiting for that next. Still have lots of time though as course doesn't start til mid-October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »
    dont count on it mines been enrolled since the start of july and the form download everyday since. Still waiting for some contact from the college.
    Finally registered. Someone must be working very late!

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Finally registered. Someone must be working very late!

Got my registration email from Sligo a while back also

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mrm

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Got my registration email from Sligo a while back also

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Is it possible to do one of these courses while receiving the PUP payment does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 montydream

Recently got accepted into a course and was wondering could anyone answer this question.

I'm not employed nor am I on the dole for the past three years. I earn a small bit of money playing poker. Would I be considered self employed in springboards eyes or a returner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Is it possible to do one of these courses while receiving the PUP payment does anyone know?

No, apparently not. You must switch to another payment

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loubox

On this point - has anyone had their payment stopped? I tried contacting my local intereo office but haven't gotten a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ra0044

I am on the covid weekly payment and they are looking for proof of the payment to complete my registration.

Other than I copy of my bank statement I can't find anything to actually say I am in receipt of it. Does anyone have any ideas what else I could use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

ra0044 wrote: »
    I am on the covid weekly payment and they are looking for proof of the payment to complete my registration.

Other than I copy of my bank statement I can't find anything to actually say I am in receipt of it. Does anyone have any ideas what else I could use ?

Mywelfare website will have it all tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ra0044

Esse85 wrote: »
    Mywelfare website will have it all tracked.

Sadly not. Apparently I need a card which can take weeks.

Back to the drawing board

No, apparently not. You must switch to another payment

Great! Even though your unemployed. Assume switching to another payment is less money?

• Advertisement

ra0044 wrote: »

Contact your local social welfare office and ask them to do you up a letter? But will you not be rejected? Afaik you cant be on PUP and do a springboard course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Contact your local social welfare office and ask them to do you up a letter? But will you not be rejected? Afaik you cant be on PUP and do a springboard course.

I'd say the PUP will go if you start with Springboard.

I'm not sure what if anything you'd qualify for then?
    Would it matter whether the course was part time or full time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

People in receipt of the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) can apply for a Springboard+ part-time course. The fee will be waived for these applicants. It is however the responsibility of the applicant in receipt of a PUP payment to discuss retaining a DEASP payment with their case officer in their local INTREO office when their offer is accepted and before they complete first registration for the course through www.springboardcourses.ie

The Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme is not an eligible DEASP payment. Those who are in receipt of the wage subsidy are classed as employed and those eligibility criteria apply. Therefore, those in receipt of this payment will be required to pay 10% of the course fee when undertaking courses at Level 7 or above.

https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bacondope

Applied for a course when registration opened, didn't get an offer but didn't get a rejection either. Just my application downloaded multiple times but the last time that happened was over a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭tritium

bacondope wrote: »
    Applied for a course when registration opened, didn't get an offer but didn't get a rejection either. Just my application downloaded multiple times but the last time that happened was over a week ago.

Probably worth getting directly in contact with the college. Details should be on the springboard course details. There can be a delay between download and offers so may depend on when offers will be issued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone doing a course in IT Sligo know anything about getting a student card?

Anyone doing a course in IT Sligo know anything about getting a student card?

Doing Computer Science in Sligo but haven't heard anything about getting a student card. Had a brief look around the online learning portal and thought I saw something about them but didn't look too much into it

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Has anyone in NUIG looked at the fees page yet? For my course it's 2060 for EU students but fees page has me needing to pay 250. Wondering has that happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭This is it

cefh17 wrote: »
    Has anyone in NUIG looked at the fees page yet? For my course it's 2060 for EU students but fees page has me needing to pay 250. Wondering has that happened to anyone else?

Springboard is 10% fees for employed and 0% for unemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

This is it wrote: »
    Springboard is 10% fees for employed and 0% for unemployed.

Yeah but the 250 is more than 10% (not by much I'll admit!), I should be eligible for the 10% which is why it#s confusing

Advertisement