Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintain and repair wood windows

Options
  • 21-06-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

I have hardwood windows in my house in Dublin, they are double glazed and for their age they are in fairly good condition, they could do with some tlc.
    They would benefit from a Sand and paint and seals but I’ve no desire to replace them with pvc or other.
    Who should I look to this, I’ve searched and many companies are advertising sash window restoration. I just need basic maintenance which I will just never get around to despite my best intentions,
    Is it something painter decorators would do? Or considering it’s only 2 doors and 4 windows would they not be interested. And how much would I be looking at.
    Basic handyman? Any recommendations would be appreciated ,I’m in south Dublin.

Advertisement