Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone problems

Options
  • 21-06-2020 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what to do in this instance.
    I bought a Mob phone on Amazon about 3 months ago.
    Recently the calls are breaking up.
    I have contacted my network and no issues there.
    I will get new sim card in next few days to see if this.
    Can i have phone replaced?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Better suited to the mobile thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

whiterebel wrote: »
    Better suited to the mobile thread

ok thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ok thanks..

What network and what phone?

Is the person on the other end of the call having difficulty hearing you?

It may be the speaker in your phone. Is it the same if you switch to speaker phone?

Have you tried the SIM in a different phone? Is it constant or intermittent?

DopeTech wrote: »
    What network and what phone?

Is the person on the other end of the call having difficulty hearing you?

It may be the speaker in your phone. Is it the same if you switch to speaker phone?

Have you tried the SIM in a different phone? Is it constant or intermittent?

Huawei phone O2 network.
    The problem i have is it pretty ok on my end so i asked here before i switch to other phone which is next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have contacted my network and no issues there.

What do mean by this exactly?

How old is your sim card?

You cant demand a replacement phone straight away. You will need to send it for repair first. If they repair it and its not fixed, then you can request the replacement option.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    What do mean by this exactly?

How old is your sim card?

You cant demand a replacement phone straight away. You will need to send it for repair first. If they repair it and its not fixed, then you can request the replacement option.

I mean i contacted network and was told not widespread network problem with signal. I went through all the settings and changes he advised me to do.

The sim about 2 years old and i was advised to change which will do in next day or two.

If the problem persists how do i ask Amazon to sort out, the repair not a problem bit i do not know how to about.
    Any previous minor issue i had with Amazon was "online chat"
    Either that option is no longer available or i do not know how to do.
    I am really looking for advise if new sim not make phone ok.

Many thanks...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's a bit difficult to understand your problem. There is no O2 network in Ireland. You just named a brand.

Can you give the exact model and confirm who your service provider is? then people here might be able to confirm if the phone can connect to networks here.

What warranty do you have with whoever sold you the phone? Have you contacted them? their might be an update due, or that needs to be removed, that they could help with.

It's a bit difficult to understand your problem. There is no O2 network in Ireland. You just named a brand.

Can you give the exact model and confirm who your service provider is? then people here might be able to confirm if the phone can connect to networks here.

What warranty do you have with whoever sold you the phone? Have you contacted them? their might be an update due, or that needs to be removed, that they could help with.

its now 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The fact that you're calling Three o2 makes me suspect you're not the technical type? Would I be right?

"No issues" just means no outages reported. Doesnt actually mean the coverage is ok where you are. Test with another handset on the same net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Once you've tested the SIM in another phone then it's just a matter of following Amazon's returns procedure...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201824330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I mean i contacted network and was told not widespread network problem with signal.

That's just confirming that their wasn't an outage. Could still be a network issue and nothing to do with the phone itself.

ED E wrote: »
    The fact that you're calling Three o2 makes me suspect you're not the technical type? Would I be right?

"No issues" just means no outages reported. Doesnt actually mean the coverage is ok where you are. Test with another handset on the same net.

You jump to conclusions, dangerous habit??
    There is other phone here Tesco which is ok, they share same signal and its ok.
    The mod changed this as i asked the original question on Amazon thread.
    I am now thinking it in wrong place...

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Once you've tested the SIM in another phone then it's just a matter of following Amazon's returns procedure...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201824330

Thanks that's what i needed, in the past i always used on-line chat...

Ted thanks again for that as i have it sorted...

Can i ask, Is it unusual that a phone work better on loudspeaker than normal?
    The case with this phone id people other end will hear me on loudspeaker but faint when normal.
    I think this most unusual so i thought i ask.
    I have new phone here but want to confirm its dead before i change things over.

Advertisement