Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi dongles won't auto connectt on boot

Options
  • 21-06-2020 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

I have to pull out the dongle and reinsert it to get it to connect. I thought it was the dongle at first so I bought a new one but it's the same story with that.

I recently updated to 1909 but it happened just before that were I did a clean install.

I'm relatively new to 10 as I didn't have a SSD until recently - it's didn't run well on a HDD.

I have Linux Mint on dual boot and I have no issues with the dongles on linux! It's usually the other way around :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Try one or all of these:
    1. Disable "Fast startup"
    2. Go to Device Manager. Right click your device in Device Manager, select Properties, and under the Power Management tab make sure the box next to let the PC turn off the device to save power is unchecked.
      13738_image5.png13738_image6.png
    3. Disable "USB selective suspend"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

^^ Those didn't work but you did send me in the right direction. I had already set Power Options to Maximum Performance feeling it might be a juice problem, but even with Max set I now noticed Wireless Adaptors>Power was set to Maximum Powersave. That must be some kind of bug or something else in my system changed it. Sorted now, ta.

Advertisement