Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Senior politician, household name” sexually assaults girl [** NO NAMES **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I wonder how many of the men on this thread would be straight off to the gardai if a bigger, stronger man raped them in the bathroom of a pub or nightclub.

I wonder how well they would deal with the pain, physical and emotional, the feelings of humiliation, the invasive hospital visit to collect evidence, the pity or scorn in the eyes of the Garda, the questions about how much alcohol they consumed.

They probably wouldn’t get the questions about whether they had dressed provocatively on purpose, or whether they might have led the guy on though, so at least that’s something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Well said. These people complain that Boards is a 'cesspit of racism and sexism' and yet they still spend 18 hours a day posting here.
    Wow, you've learnt a lot about how the place works in the few hours since you registered.
    an unwelcome hand on your leg shouldn't be anywhere near the language of sexual assault
    How high/how long can i place my hand on the leg of one of the females in your family before you consider it sexual assault?
    FVP3 wrote: »
    No you cretin. It's a "pass". Or it was considered a pass in the old days. If you moved it away it was a no, kept it there and it was a maybe.
    I was around 'in the old days' and that's not how I or any men in my circle made a pass.

shes not an "accuser" tho is she?

nobody has been accused of anything

she tweeted a vague story that was always gonna lead to speculation and interest

offence on her behalf is such a predictable but pretty useless response imo

shes not an "accuser" tho is she?

nobody has been accused of anything

she tweeted a vague story that was always gonna lead to speculation and interest

offence on her behalf is such a predictable but pretty useless response imo

Outrage on behalf of the unnamed slightly creepy guy is also pretty redundant.

How high/how long can i place my hand on the leg of one of the females in your family before you consider it sexual assault?.

its a fair question. I'll answer it straight up.

a hand on the leg, anywhere below crotch, isn't in itself sexual assault imo

i know exactly how popular thats going to be, but hey thats the beauty of opinion.

• Advertisement

KiKi III wrote: »
    Outrage on behalf of the unnamed slightly creepy guy is also pretty redundant.

definitely, definitely.

the correct response to a tweet like this is to ignore it completely

dyou think thats what she thought/wished/knew would be the response?

i know exactly how popular thats going to be, but hey thats the beauty of opinion.

When I was about four years old, as a general rule my mother taught me to keep my hands to myself.

It’s not hard. I grasped the concept as a small child.

Unless someone is actively encouraging you to do otherwise it’s a good one to stick with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder how many of the men on this thread would be straight off to the gardai if a bigger, stronger man raped them in the bathroom of a pub or nightclub.

I wonder how well they would deal with the pain, physical and emotional, the feelings of humiliation, the invasive hospital visit to collect evidence, the pity or scorn in the eyes of the Garda, the questions about how much alcohol they consumed.

They probably wouldn’t get the questions about whether they had dressed provocatively on purpose, or whether they might have led the guy on though, so at least that’s something.

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of the Gardai.

Questions like that may have been asked in the past but I doubt thats the case now and its quite possible a female Guard would be called in to do the interview so maybe you think they would also be asking these kind of questions.

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of the Gardai.

You could become one yourself with those detective skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

As usual on the responses on twitter, the desperate scruffy lesbian hardcore feminist types pushing her and coercing her to give a name. Their mouths dropping with the thoughts of them scandal. Another reason to protest. Sados

• Advertisement

i dunno why

ill start again

i know exactly why youre framing this as a lesson once-removed for me

thank you but the opinion i expressed about what should be classed as sexual assault in no way suggests that im out there touching anyone, anywhere, without the requisite usual formalities

isnt that astonishing tho

While I quoted your comment, my reply was to the thread at large and not you personally - I didn’t mean to imply anything about any individual.

While I quoted your comment, my reply was to the thread at large and not you personally - I didn’t mean to imply anything about any individual.

im going to change my response, it was too shirty

and i appreciate your fairness in correcting my mistake in how i picked you up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Ive just gone over to twitter and looked at her tweets because I hadn't to date. Why drip feed information.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,381 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Evidence suggests men rarely report rape. When you get into the nitty gritty it's hard to do research on because it's a traumatic and secretive topic. But the fact is that men rarely report because of the same reasons as women rarely report.

The nature of the trauma coupled with the perception that it's too difficult to seek justice and there likely to encounter people like the ones in this thread who instinctively oppose the person making an allegation. Who could blame them when you see the way some people genuinely think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

There has been an increasing amount of posts over the past several weeks which are identical to this one. Coming from a specific group of users (pressure gang) that get upset because they cannot control the thread, who then resort to manipulative posting style such as the one above.

Maybe that increasing amount of posts is a genuine response to something that a number of long-term members have observed. Anyway, it's totally understandable that you and your ilk are happy to see Boards becoming a safe space for the far-right. I'd just love to know if it's something that the admins and owners of the site are happy to stand over. That's all.

And just to be absolutely clear, that OK in the context of the women in your life - your mother, your sister, your wife, your daughter, your nieces - whichever apply to your life - I can slip the hand under their dress or skirt right up to the top of the thigh, have a good squeeze and leave it there for a minute or two - and that's not sexual assault in your opinion?
    Pretty sure if I went to a gay bay and got drunk and started dancing with men and subsequently got raped, people would be like 'well lad you know, maybe you were giving the wrong impression there?'.

Decent people wouldn't be like that. Don't judge the world by your own standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I'd just wait for evidence before I'd cast asperaions. Wouldn't you think that's a sensible approach?

Haven't you been casting aspersions on the honestly of women claiming they've been sexually assaulted?

That is not an accusation - that is a question. A lot of people posting so easy to lose track

• Registered Users Posts: 20,381 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Pretty sure if I went to a gay bay and got drunk and started dancing with men and subsequently got raped, people would be like 'well lad you know, maybe you were giving the wrong impression there?'.

Yeah if you look at this thread you'd definitely think plenty of people would go straight to that angle. And it's a really terrible way to think. It's an attitude that helps rapists to get away with their crimes.

And just to be absolutely clear, that OK in the context of the women in your life - your mother, your sister, your wife, your daughter - I can slip the hand under their dress or skirt right up to the top of the thigh, have a good squeeze and leave it there for a minute or two - and that's not sexual assault in your opinion?

in my opinion it isnt a sexual assault, no

of course it shouldnt be inferred that i wouldnt have other words for it, or condone it at all as behaviour

but the move to push every incident on the spectrum into "sexual assault" was a flawed approach that has not helped do anything but muddy waters in this sphere imo

Evidence suggests men rarely report rape. When you get into the nitty gritty it's hard to do research on because it's a traumatic and secretive topic. But the fact is that men rarely report because of the same reasons as women rarely report.

The nature of the trauma coupled with the perception that it's too difficult to seek justice and there likely to encounter people like the ones in this thread who instinctively oppose the person making an allegation. Who could blame them when you see the way some people genuinely think?

Absolutely, I know it’s incredibly difficult for men to report too - that’s the point I was making. Many of the men on this thread have never given real thought to how they would respond to being the *victim* of a serious sexual assault/ rape. They say “go to the Gardaí” like it’s easy, like they would be able to do it without a second thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

'Everyone who disagrees with me is Hitler...'

There have been plenty of decent posters over the years, with whom I strongly disagree on pretty much every topic. When I speak of the far-right, I'm not referring to them. I'm not even referring to you either, tbh. Sure you'll probably be gone by the time I've finished typing this post. :)

in my opinion it isnt a sexual assault, no

of course it shouldnt be inferred that i wouldnt have other words for it, or condone it at all as behaviour

but the move to push every incident on the spectrum into "sexual assault" was a flawed approach that has not helped do anything but muddy waters in this sphere imo

So what is it?

Sorry but I don't follow your comment. I'm talking about the NYE attacks in Colonge and other German cities. Hundreds of women reported rape and molestation to the police in the aftermath.

The 'well known' actor dismissed this as anecdotal. I can't have any sympathy for him.

When I read your first post about the actor I misunderstood the "mass assault" bit.

I thought this actor himself had been accused of a great many assaults. In hindsight it was an asinine mistake on my part.

However I don't understaff your confusion about it. My posts were pretty straightforward and simple so you you should have easily seen what my mistake was.

Yes "anecdotal" is a rather odd thing to say. Why are you not using his name? Is he now accused as a part of this group?

So what is it?

I believe it falls into what’s widely known as sexual misconduct; reprehensible and worthy of condemnation but does not rise to level of being worthy of arrest/ prosecution.

That would be my own take anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

question for a different thread I think considering Aisling is saying she was assaulted via hand on leg not rape :confused:

Sorry but I don't follow your comment. I'm talking about the NYE attacks in Colonge and other German cities. Hundreds of women reported rape and molestation to the police in the aftermath.

The 'well known' actor dismissed this as anecdotal. I can't have any sympathy for him.

You have me confused.

You think a guy who says a rape didn't happen is scummy but you like the post of a guy who says it isn't sexual assault to grope his mother or sister?

question for a different thread I think considering Aisling is saying she was assaulted via hand on leg not rape :confused:

Men throughout the thread have been saying women who are assaulted should go to the Gardaí, so I think asking if they would be able to do so easily if they were assaulted/raped is very much on topic.

I guess we're not allowed name him. He was in a massive tv show that finished fairly recently.

Those sex attacks were committed by North African migrants, so no, I don't think he was involved!

No I meant is he now being accused of a separate sexual assault himself

I thought that is why you are not using his name

if what he said was said in public already there is no reason not to

It seems the Twitter mob is after him. I didn't see anything specific when I was looking this morning.

I won't name him but he was an Irish actor on a massive tv show that ended recently. Should be straight forward enough to find his name.

Was it a Normal show, and was he the lead?

• Advertisement

It seems the Twitter mob is after him. I didn't see anything specific when I was looking this morning.

I won't name him but he was an Irish actor on a massive tv show that ended recently. Should be straight forward enough to find his name.

I was curious about type of person would make the comments.

It is not easy to find the answer at all.No combination of words brings up that anyone famous denied the event

Advertisement