Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Senior politician, household name” sexually assaults girl [** NO NAMES **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Okay. Wrong side of the line again from me! Why the hell was he not wearing his dinner 2 seconds later? It was a public setting, she was in her 20s.

And before anyone says I dont understand. I do. I know the difference between being helpless when assaulted and being safe to be able to bawl someone out of it.
    When I was 18 a senior politician dragged me onto his lap at a dinner party - I would say his ears are still ringing from the instant bollocking I gave him.
    Fathers, raise your girls to be ferocious. Mine did.

We'll need more than a Twitter post to go blaming these hypothetical fathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Never been seriously assaulted. Millions of milder case ones alright. Women rarely go to police with this stuff. Because character assassination, doubt, fault etc. It’s just too much.

But also. I’m uneasy about trial by social media. I believe the accusations I just don’t think it’s the right way to go about things. Not that there’s another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Okay. Wrong side of the line again from me! Why the hell was he not wearing his dinner 2 seconds later? It was a public setting, she was in her 20s.

And before anyone says I dont understand. I do. I know the difference between being helpless when assaulted and being safe to be able to bawl someone out of it.
    When I was 18 a senior politician dragged me onto his lap at a dinner party - I would say his ears are still ringing from the instant bollocking I gave him.
    Fathers, raise your girls to be ferocious. Mine did.

It’s great you could do that. Many women could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I am very educated on that matter thank you very much and I dont need to read bull**** reports from police departments that have a long history of convicting innocent men on false accusations of rape in a country a long distance away from ours.

Link the reports in your next post and I will gladly contradict them.

You’re not well educated. You’re spoofing. You’ve already given yourself away by saying “I will gladly contradict them.” This shows:

a) Your mind is made up and you won’t change it no matter how much evidence I provide

and

b) In a display of astonishing hubris, you think you know more about this than police departments who have investigated it extensively.

I also notice you’ve ignored the fact that I told you I was assaulted at 13, either because you don’t believe me or you don’t care.

Either way, for the benefit of my own mental health I won’t be engaging with you any further.

I really do suggest reading the SAVI Report, the LAPD report and the FBI ones. Google them for yourself.

She is adamant she won’t name this guy - so she is empowering him to do this at Will into the future ??

You think his future assaults are his previous prey’s fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

She is adamant she won’t name this guy - so she is empowering him to do this at Will into the future ??

I think that's more on him to be honest. Considering how hard it is to get convictions on sexual crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

KiKi III wrote: »
    You think his future assaults are his previous prey’s fault?

She has information that could warn future potential victims of his past form????

Yet she stubbornly won’t say his identity?

She has information that could warn future potential victims of his past form????

Yet she stubbornly won’t say his identity?

And it doesn’t strike you as odd that your moral compass has you being more critical of her than him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

I am very educated on that matter thank you very much and I dont need to read bull**** reports from police departments that have a long history of convicting innocent men on false accusations of rape in a country a long distance away from ours.

Link the reports in your next post and I will gladly contradict them.

You can’t be that educated on the matter if you think police departments convict men, innocent or otherwise.

Ppl are already speculating who it could be

One name on Twitter chimes with rumors I have heard. :/

Has a “Ultra PC” woke image but reality might be v different :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Trial by social media is a shocking thing to witness.

We have the party, older member, if we get hair colour or lack of it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out

And it doesn’t strike you as odd that your moral compass has you being more critical of her than him?

Let’s be clear I’m not AT ALL critical of her.

We have the party, older member, if we get hair colour or lack of it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out

Where is the party named?

Let’s be clear I’m not AT ALL critical of her.

You just criticised her for not speaking up to protect future victims.

You have not criticised him AT ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Ppl are already speculating who it could be

One name on Twitter chimes with rumors I have heard. :/

Has a “Ultra PC” woke image but reality might be v different :/

wouldn't shock me in the slightest, sure we saw the Joe loughnanne stuff that came out, its always the same types who cry the loudest about it to hide their own sins.

Anyone wringing their hands thinking its a FF/FG politician is most likely wrong.

You just criticised her for not speaking up to protect future victims.

You have not criticised him AT ALL.

Sorry If you read my post it’s that I’m saying she is empowering him to victimize more by not naming but this is not meant to be criticism of her

Where is the party named?

Johnny only defends one party so 1+1

An anecdote here and an anecdote there about false rape allegations doesn’t change the facts: while they happen, they are very rare.

It is much more common for a man to commit rape and get away with it than for a woman to falsify an allegation.

All the data points to this. Men just don’t want to believe it’s true.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

An anecdote here and an anecdote there about false rape allegations doesn’t change the facts: while they happen, they are very rare.

It is much more common for a man to commit rape and get away with it than for a woman to falsify an allegation.

it is not more common for a man to be a rapist than a woman to be a liar. Especially when its women telling lies on social media. This belief that any given man is likely to be a rapist at the frequency it is suggested it occurs by the internet is absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I 100% believe that. I'm a man. I still don't agree with a person throwing out a grenade like that if they're not willing to substantiate their claims.

Let's take it at face value. There is a man in government who sexually assaulted a girl, but now all men in government are tainted by the weight of her words (and indeed the perpetrators actions) .

But most men don't do things like this, yet are now under suspicion for it. If you're going to say a person in a select small group of people assaulted you, name the person or you're affecting the character of all.

• Advertisement

it is not more common for a man to be a rapist than a woman to be a liar. Especially when its women telling lies on social media. This belief that any given man is likely to be a rapist at the frequency it is suggested it occurs by the internet is absurd.

I didn’t say any man is likely to be a rapist so please don’t put words like that in my mouth.

I said a man getting away with rape is more common than a woman making a false allegation.

That is a fact, and the sources I have cited will confirm it.

Now I’m going to log off, watch some very lighthearted television with a cup of tea and try not to get totally overwhelmed by how powerless it feels that the men on this thread so fervently want to believe these women are liars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I 100% believe that. I'm a man. I still don't agree with a person throwing out a grenade like that if they're not willing to substantiate their claims.

Let's take it at face value. There is a man in government who sexually assaulted a girl, but now all men in government are tainted by the weight of her words (and indeed the perpetrators actions) .

But most men don't do things like this, yet are now under suspicion for it. If you're going to say a person in a select small group of people assaulted you, name the person or you're affecting the character of all.

This is it. She has cast a sheet over a small group of people.

The claim is nothing without a trip to the Guards. Astonishing that she has to go to twitter first and phrase it in the manner she did instead of making a statement.

Irish defamation law is preventing a lot of women from speaking out about historical abuse. She can’t prove it happened, so even if it 100% did he can sue her and she knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

1. Have three sisters. Every one of them has suffered some minor sexual assault. Happens all the time.

2. As before the allegation here does not even amount to a sexual assault ( save in a tedius technical sense)

3 See the Norn Iron rugby case is raised again. In that case the jury came back in the fastest time ever (particularly given multiple defendants) with a not guilty verdict. Clearly they did not believe a word from the complainant. Result? Girl goes home a hero to the metoo mob. Boys have their lives careers and reputations ruined

I urge her to go down conventional routes and not “this one time” Twitter she said he said approach.

Is this guy still a politician or did he retire young?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,380 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

How do you prove it though?

If one party says it was consensual and the other says it wasn’t. Even when there’s evidence of violence the guy says “yeah, we had rough sex, she wanted it.”

Short of CCTV, what evidence would satisfy you beyond a reasonable doubt?

These things would be very difficult to prove or even to get good evidence one way or the other. The ones doing the investigation will be in the best position to judge. The rest of us will probably never know. Reaching a conclusion without enough evidence, is a stupid way of going on

Is this guy still a politician or did he retire young?

She hasn’t named him but there are numerous names doing the rounds

Remember hearing something about one a few years ago but he has a different job now and would depend how you define household name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

A witch! A witch!

Advertisement