Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Senior politician, household name” sexually assaults girl [** NO NAMES **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Another interesting tidbit further down the thread.

https://twitter.com/bouldirishmammy/status/1274775988539461632

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Yep, fairly disgusting alright. With this and the stabbing thread Boards is a real eye opener this evening.

A Renua mentality if ever I heard one. Hopefully that sort of twisted ideology dies with his generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Nozebleed wrote: »
    attention seeker. wouldn't believe a word of it. this entire generation seems to have a fantasy of being touched up. if she posts a picture of herself and she's a ride it might change my mind! i doubt it tho..just another attention seeking pig.

Wow.

Horrifying thought process and attitude on display.

One of the most overtly vitriolic posts I've read in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

attention seeker. wouldn't believe a word of it. this entire generation seems to have a fantasy of being touched up. if she posts a picture of herself and she's a ride it might change my mind! i doubt it tho..just another attention seeking pig.

Not cool, you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So according to the OP we are suppose to automatically believe a randomer on Twitter with no details, no proof?

• Advertisement

KiKi III wrote: »
    What if there is no proof?

Hypothetical: Let’s say I was raped a year ago and only able to come forward now due to the trauma.

There is no physical evidence now. No proof, as such.

But in this hypothetical scenario the rape absolutely definitely happened. You want proof but there isn’t any. It’s my word against his.

Should I be allowed to speak out? Name my rapist to the Gardaí? To my own friends?

Or do I have to put up and shut up forever because I didn’t have the strength to report there and then?

so theres a lady by the name of Sarah Ashcroft who claims to be a victim of Tom Hanks. she clained he bought her for sex at 13 years of age. Would you believe her?

Or , another woman by the name of Cathy o Brien, who claimed to be raped by Hillary Clinton at a young age, would you believe her also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Wow.

Horrifying thought process and attitude on display.

One of the most overtly vitriolic posts I've read in a while.

funny i was thinking that exact same thing about the woman who posted this allegation on twitter.

i dont believe a word of it..and no attempt by you to publically shame me for that opinion will change that fact. its fabricated lies..pure and simple. highlights all thats wrong with social media and twitter in particular.

ive seen enough false allegations made against men over the last few years.
    we all know what the agenda is at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

So according to the OP we are suppose to automatically believe a randomer on Twitter with no details, no proof?

Well, the tweet didn’t even involve the detail of a name so why get so het up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

funny i was thinking that exact same thing about the woman who posted this allegation on twitter.

i dont believe a word of it..and no attempt by you to publically shame me for that opinion will change that fact. its fabricated lies..pure and simple. highlights all thats wrong with social media and twitter in particular.

That's fair enough and you make a good point but the jibe about her posting a pic and being a ride was tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

coinop wrote: »
    Another interesting tidbit further down the thread.

https://twitter.com/bouldirishmammy/status/1274775988539461632

slutshaming EU politicians, how very un-feminist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,380 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

This is precisely as dopey as automatically believing the allegation. Without evidence the only thing that can lead to the conclusion, is bias and prejudice.

This is precisely as dopey as automatically believing the allegation. Without evidence the only thing that can lead to the conclusion, is bias and prejudice.

without evidence...you said it yourself. its hear say. you've have no reason to believe it. but you want to believe it. you are actually trying to convince yourself and others that it happened. without any actual evidence.:rolleyes:

when are people gona wake up to this kind of thing? women lie. this is simply one of those cases..in my opinon.

what is prejudice is assuming the man in question actually did sexually assault her. #ibelievehim

without evidence...you said it yourself. its hear say. you've have no reason to believe it. but you want to believe it. you are actually trying to convince yourself and others that it happened. without any actual evidence.:rolleyes:

when are people gona wake up to this kind of thing? women lie. this is simply one of those cases..in my opinon.

Can you point to one thing I said that shows I either want to believe it or trying to convince myself or others that it happened? Otherwise kindly apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gruffalox wrote: »
    To just randomly post insinuating allegations years later seems like the least effective and most immature thing to do.
    The timing makes the vague accusation sound like a targeted strike against the new government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Either go to the Garda or talk to someone or get therapy for it. Twitter is not the place for it.

the_syco wrote: »
    The timing makes the vague accusation sound like a targeted strike against the new government.

The tweet doesn't say it's a government politician. Could be opposition. Could be an MEP or a foreign politician.

Can you point to one thing I said that shows I either want to believe it or trying to convince myself or others that it happened? Otherwise kindly apologise

you havn't said you dont believe her. i assume you must fear saying you don't believe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wibbs wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone without proof and a tweet doesn't cut it. That's why we invented laws and courts of law. Anything else is mob rule.

Does this apply to the women in your life? If one comes home and says some lad stuck his hand up her skirt but the only evidence is her word, you'll just dismiss her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Does this apply to the women in your life? If one comes home and says some lad stuck his hand up her skirt but the only evidence is her word, you'll just dismiss her?

I think distressed disclosure to one person that you know and trust is a very different scenario to just throwing something out there to the mob and letting them cast their own aspersions on a relatively small grouping of people.

Get up the yard with your nonsense, so traumatized that you couldn't report it for a year. And you are an adult female in these metoo times.

Has the whole clerical abuse thing passed you by for the last 20 years or so?

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I think distressed disclosure to one person that you know and trust is a very different scenario to just throwing something out there to the mob and letting them cast their own aspersions on a relatively small grouping of people.

No proof is no proof , he said he wont believe without proof.

You cant decide that no proof is ok because its a woman you know and that somehow carries more weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

What are the chances that of all the women in Ireland the TD happens to molest one of the few hundred that use Twitter to peddle radical left wing nuttery?

Anybody, male or female, who feels the need to mention their preferred gender pronoun in their Twitter page intro should not be taken seriously about anything.

wouldn't shock me in the slightest, sure we saw the Joe loughnanne stuff that came out, its always the same types who cry the loudest about it to hide their own sins.

Anyone wringing their hands thinking its a FF/FG politician is most likely wrong.

Without anything, you have the believability down at 10% but as soon as theres a sniff it could be someone "on the left" youre ready to start believing certain people could well be guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Can't beat a good kangaroo court. So who does she want us to hang off the nearest tree?

On a more serious note she goes on Twitter to talk about a serious crime and then says she won't name the accuser. High probability she's full of ****e.. Ignore and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Twitter is a dangerous tool and should not be used for such things. Law of the land and the police should be the first step.

Shocking if true, what's even more shocking is the amount of replies saying 100% believe you and #believe you etc. Scary to think we live in a society where people blindly believe anything that's tweeted.

Could be worse. We could live in a society where women are routinely sexually assaulted and they are told it didnt happen because its not on camera................

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Without anything, you have the believability down at 10% but as soon as theres a sniff it could be someone "on the left" youre ready to start believing certain people could well be guilty.

no, my point was that its believability is still 10% , but on the 10% chance that I believe it, id be more shocked if it was from one of the centrist parties rather than the left, its always the far left who shriek the most about this type of thing and are usually the ones guilty of it.

Twitter is a dangerous tool and should not be used for such things. Law of the land and the police should be the first step.

Who gets to decide where and how victims should do whats best for them?

She named no one. Seems those most interested in talking about who it could be are the "shes a liar" crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

http://www.aislingtwomey.me/
    Previously, she worked in Communications nad advocacy for NGOs and political parties in Ireland, including Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre, Nasc, the Irish Immigration Support Service and the Labour Party.

She sounds delightful :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Lot of accusations towards an Irish musician today on Twitter too.

Advertisement