Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Senior politician, household name” sexually assaults girl [** NO NAMES **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

What are the chances that of all the women in Ireland the TD happens to molest one of the few hundred that use Twitter to peddle radical left wing nuttery?

Anybody, male or female, who feels the need to mention their preferred gender pronoun in their Twitter page intro should not be taken seriously about anything.

Well, my experience of handsy people is that they are pretty indiscriminate. At some point, one of the many people they have pawwed is probably going to be a social media fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

no, my point was that its believability is still 10% , but on the 10% chance that I believe it, id be more shocked if it was from one of the centrist parties rather than the left, its always the far left who shriek the most about this type of thing and are usually the ones guilty of it.

Its grand though, cant be the far left. Sure she doesnt even exist........

while I find your post crass, I think its no surprise the account doesn't have an actual picture, its like those Facebook profiles with sunset pictures who post racist comments , all false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Lot of accusations towards an Irish musician today on Twitter too.

That posionous realm of humanity is going mad about, from what I can see, two musicians, a politician, a comedian and an actor.

All because of some random faceless person making accusations.

Twitter is utter poison.

In saying that the actor named is a left wing thug of the highest order, it would be nice to see him put through the ringer even if he is likely innocent. An odious individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lot of accusations towards an Irish musician today on Twitter too.

Just had a look. It would drain the life out of you that place with the unfounded allegations being bandied about and anonymous profiles hidden behind avatars. In my opinion that takes away from the real victims. Twitter need to sort their **** out. Absolute **** show of a place where empty vessels are being given a platform to make a huge amount of noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I hate trial by social media and don't necessarily believe her without proper but am not convinced she's lying either.

How on earth can she prove it's true, even then, let alone now with the passage of time. I can only suspect that she's tweeting it in the hope that if this man frequently does this others will come forward too and that perhaps if a number of victims come forward the body of evidence will be too much to ignore.

Situations like this are so difficult because you can't just assume every accusation is true but at the same time there must be nothing worse than being a victim who knows people doubt them. Some people tell the true, some lie, it's often impossible to know the difference.

A false sexual assult accusation for a man can be as damaging as a sexual assault for a woman.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Just had a look. It would drain the life out of you that place with the unfounded allegations being bandied about and anonymous profiles hidden behind avatars. In my opinion that takes away from the real victims. Twitter need to sort their **** out. Absolute **** show of a place where empty vessels are being given a platform to make a huge amount of noise.

One waste of skin lists the name of her three young sons on her bio.

A mother with three sons sharing famous names related to unproven allegations she read from strangers on Twitter.

The boys should be taken off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,380 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Nozebleed wrote: »
    you havn't said you dont believe her. i assume you must fear saying you don't believe her.

You haven't a clue. But it sheds light on the kind of person who doesn't need any evidence to reach a conclusion. They just rely on bias instead of evidence. It's apt when you consider the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

That posionous realm of humanity is going mad about, from what I can see, two musicians, a politician, a comedian and an actor.

All because of some random faceless person making accusations.

The comedian has confirmed it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can only suspect that she's tweeting it in the hope that if this man frequently does this others will come forward too and that perhaps if a number of victims come forward the body of evidence will be too much to ignore.

She didnt just decide to throw something on twitter out of the blue , its been an ongoing discussion over the last week or so where women are sharing their stories of being attacked/assaulted /whatever way you want to describe it.
    An irish comedian (who was named, by a named person as having raped her) , has, from what I've seen, held his hands up and said the stuff going up on twitter is true (hes not someone id heard of , think hes well known as a booker for a venue) .

Dont know if its where it started but last week women and girls in America started posting screenshots of conversations with Chris D'Delia who seemed to be messaging a lot of 16 year old girls over the years and inviting them to do stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

‘¡Hola, Señor Politician!’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

coinop wrote: »
    Some commentators saying the culprit is a dope smoking MEP with a long beard.

Despicable comment! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I'll believe no accusation without excellent proof. As a female who has experienced her fair share of unwelcome physical assaults from my teens on, I still wouldn't just accept any woman/man claiming hey we're raped/sexually assaulted just on the basis of their word.

Why should I?

Too many have accused innocent men and inturn destroyed those men's reputations, family and in some cases, lives.

Any woman found to have lied should be publicly named and shamed and then jailed.

I would prefer to see the accuser's name kept out of the news until found guilty in a court, nit on some stupid pointless social media site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I know Aisling from years ago and the only thing I'll say is "honest" is the first word I'd use to describe her. She abhors liars.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    The comedian has confirmed it though?

Confirmed what?

TheChizler wrote: »
    I know Aisling from years ago and the only thing I'll say is "honest" is the first word I'd use to describe her. She abhors liars.

If she has worked for various left wing NGO's that simply isn't true. Their main existence is based on lies and half truths.

Confirmed what?

The complaints against him

The complaints against him

Confirmed people have made complaints or admitted guilt?

Confirmed people have made complaints or admitted guilt?

Guilt

Guilt

Where?

Where?

Twitter. Its his last tweet.

• Advertisement

Twitter. Its his last tweet.

We must be talking about 2 different comedians. The one I saw named his Twitter has nothing out of the ordinary on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

She/Her.

We must be talking about 2 different comedians. The one I saw named his Twitter has nothing out of the ordinary on it.

Ah maybe yeah, the one that kicked all this off has admitted. And the second one's brothers have come forward. Maybe your on one down the list. A lot coming out so hard to keep up!

Anyway sad how the women involved were treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

If she has worked for various left wing NGO's that simply isn't true. Their main existence is based on lies and half truths.

Look at Joe Biden's accuser, Tara Reade. Dropped by her lawyer Douglas Wigdor, a leading #metoo lawyer. If the accused is a prominent leftie in Ireland than it'll be kid gloves.

Ah maybe yeah, the one that kicked all this off has admitted. And the second one's brothers have come forward. Maybe your on one down the list. A lot coming out so hard to keep up!

Anyway sad how the women involved were treated.

Right, well if he himself is commenting, who is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Boards has become a real cesspool recently. If the admins give a fuck about the site and the sinister direction they've allowed it to take, they'll have a long, hard look at this thread in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

I think she is an idiot.

Go to the Gardai not twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Nozebleed wrote: »
    attention seeker. wouldn't believe a word of it. this entire generation seems to have a fantasy of being touched up. if she posts a picture of herself and she's a ride it might change my mind! i doubt it tho..just another attention seeking pig.

Best post ever

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TheChizler wrote: »

Shes worked for pavee point. You dont get a job like that with ‘honesty’ at the top of the cv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think she is an idiot.

Go to the Gardai not twitter.

It's just attention seeking.

Advertisement