Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Senior politician, household name” sexually assaults girl [** NO NAMES **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

I thought a few weeks ago, they changed things so that "Believe all women" was actually a battle cry of the far right. Has that changed again? Very tough to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I thought a few weeks ago, they changed things so that "Believe all women" was actually a battle cry of the far right. Has that changed again? Very tough to keep up.

judging by the politicians this person is likely to be at dinner with considering her cv, id imagine its the people who were retweeting #ibelieveher who would go fierce quiet if she ever did name the person and there was truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's "Believe all women once it doesnt affect democratic party candidates or anyone on the left"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

judging by the politicians this person is likely to be at dinner with considering her cv, id imagine its the people who were retweeting #ibelieveher who would go fierce quiet if she ever did name the person and there was truth to it.

As per this post the speculation on who exactly it is, must be very difficult for all of the other male politicians around the same age.
    I would personally be very pissed off if that happened in my workplace and the person refused to name the individual involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

No

The timing is because dozens of Irish people have been discussing their sexual assault experiences on twitter in the last week.

Yes.

It always seems to be a certain "type" on Twitter though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

coinop wrote: »
    Do you believe women or will you demand proof?

https://mobile.twitter.com/taisling/status/1274649516491366401

It’s plausible but what is with your attitude ? Yes, proof is required in a civilised society . Mob rule can’t be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

KiKi III wrote: »
    It can happen, I’ve already acknowledged that. But it’s rare. If you want an Irish source to learn about the prevalence of sexual violence in Ireland against men and women I suggest the SAVI report.

Tell me: When men started coming forward in the 90s in the media saying that they had been abused by priests decades before, did you assume they were mostly attention seekers or out for the compo as has been said repeatedly about women on this thread?

Then I ask why didn't you reference the SAVI report instead of foreign sources about a foreign country? I'm not being narky or anything but honestly the FBI, etc. have nothing to do with us. Regardless of similarities.

Tell me: Where did I post that the woman in this case or any other woman has reported sexual abuse for the purpose of attention or compensation? Now I am being narky because you have wrong me by associating me with comments and posts that are not related to my views.

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's "Believe all women once it doesnt affect democratic party candidates or anyone on the left"

Again referencing the US.

This is an Irish case.

Yes.

It always seems to be a certain "type" on Twitter though.

Yes, the type who use twitter.

I signed in to respond to a question but the post seems to have been deleted. It was asking is a hand on a leg sexual assault.

I don't know the full details but according to the tweet it wasn't just a hand on leg but the accused put his hand up the woman's leg. That could make it a sexual assault.

The wording has always confused me.

In this country isn't assault the threat of violence and battery the actual physical impact, with even an unwanted touch considered battery.

If that is so wouldn't sexual assault be the threat or fear, and then the physical act be sexual battery. I never hear of sexual battery so is it just different in a sex crime?

Or am I wrong about assault and battery in this country. It was something that was related to a course in college 30 years ago so maybe things changed I the meantime or it was just explained to wrong.

And I fear for the present and the future when people think it is okay to use this nonsense software. What if one of those people misunderstands who they are all but naming and spreads around information that it was some other man?
    Criminal law got rid of the battery distinction

See Sections 2 , 3and 4 of Non Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997 . Assault (section 2) is any unwanted contact or threat of same .

Sexual assault is unwanted contact with sexual /indecent as to it - its irrelevant as to whether the culprit didn’t think it was indecent - see section 3 of criminal law rape amendment act 1990

• Advertisement

It’s plausible but what is with your attitude ? Yes, proof is required in a civilised society . Mob rule can’t be tolerated

I never thought of it that way but it is a mob.

It happened with the Boston Marathon coming in the US. Bunch of assholes accused a missing man on social media of being the culprit and the family went through an even more awful than they were already experiencing.

What do you mean? That they would stop believing her?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Again referencing the US.

This is an Irish case.
    Similar hypocrisy here though.

What do you mean? That they would stop believing her?

yes, or just go quiet to further their aims. The 'metoo' crowd have weaponised the experiences of women in order to shut down political opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

Criminal law got rid of the battery distinction

See Sections 2 , 3and 4 of Non Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997 . Assault (section 2) is any unwanted contact or threat of same .

Sexual assault is unwanted contact with sexual /indecent as to it - its irrelevant as to whether the culprit didn’t think it was indecent - see section 3 of criminal law rape amendment act 1990

I was told earlier that my knowledge was out of date but thank you for the further details.

So it the threat or fear of the assault also considered assault or is it just not a thing here?

You mean that some people are exempt from accusation or such?

What kind of people?

yes, or just go quiet to further their aims. The 'metoo' crowd have weaponised the experiences of women in order to shut down political opponents.

Are you saying that suspects are public supporters of women's rights, etc. and so the "movements" allow them to misbehave themselves?

Are you saying that suspects are public supporters of women's rights, etc. and so the "movements" allow them to misbehave themselves?

absolutely. I would even go as far as to say that the majority of men labelling themselves as feminists or being active in these 'womens rights' movements are predators who are only involved in order to attain sex with women under false pretences or to divert the spotlight from their own past actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

absolutely. I would even go as far as to say that the majority of men labelling themselves as feminists or being active in these 'womens rights' movements are predators who are only involved in order to attain sex with women under false pretences or to divert the spotlight from their own past actions.

There certainly is a high preponderance to it.

That posionous realm of humanity is going mad about, from what I can see, two musicians, a politician, a comedian and an actor.

All because of some random faceless person making accusations.

Twitter is utter poison.

In saying that the actor named is a left wing thug of the highest order, it would be nice to see him put through the ringer even if he is likely innocent. An odious individual.

Ah hang on . The left are indeed vile people but , one of the worst things to happen to a man is to be falsely accuse of a sex crime . If someone is innocent or the allegations are false, it ain’t cool to hope or want anyone to have to go through that . You are essentially egging on people to lie

No comment on the allegation , don’t even know the if of the actor or the allegation btw

• Advertisement

Anybody here work on a factory floor or a warehouse?

When I started working I was in few such places over the years and I was "groped" by female colleagues a few times - not for sexual purposes I think, just horse play - and common greetings would "how's your tits?" and the likes.

I know the offices were very different but are factories like this anymore?

I was told earlier that my knowledge was out of date but thank you for the further details.

So it the threat or fear of the assault also considered assault or is it just not a thing here?

Yes, section 2 of the 1997 act includes threat or fear of assault /attack/ unwanted contact . Contact can be direct or indirect (eg throwing fluid or a glass of booze at someone )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Lets not forget in the UK , raped girls should shut up for the sake of diversity

Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity

A tweet liked and shared by Labour MP Naz Shah

It's weird how laws and standards only apply when its applies "the right way":(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

When I started working I was in few such places over the years and I was "groped" by female colleagues a few times - not for sexual purposes I think, just horse play - and common greetings would "how's your tits?" and the likes.

I worked on a factory floor during my college holidays. Mostly women on the line and it was exactly like your experience. Mostly women in their late 30s and 40s in my area and it was unreal. They seemed obsessed with college students sexual exploits and were really unhappy if I wouldn't share stories on the line, on top of the groping etc.

I can't comment on whether or not it is the majority (or does that count as a comment?:confused:) but it is logical that the predators would sign up to the movements to both hide and seek victims.

This is what happened with the Catholic Church too.

So is this current story a big deal now? Out theeI mean? I hadn't seen anything about it until here last night but people are mentioning it not be a good to be a politician here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Not allowed say these things anymore even if it’s true .... you could get locked up for even saying this type of thing happened .... more than likely you coerced these women and played on their weaknesses ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

paw patrol wrote: »
    Lets not forget in the UK , raped girls should shut up for the sake of diversity

A tweet liked and shared by Labour MP Naz Shah

It's weird how laws and standards only apply when its applies "the right way":(

Sickening

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    I worked on a factory floor during my college holidays. Mostly women on the line and it was exactly like your experience. Mostly women in their late 30s and 40s in my area and it was unreal. They seemed obsessed with college students sexual exploits and were really unhappy if I wouldn't share stories on the line, on top of the groping etc.

When was this?

Sounds like it was something that bothered you. You kids today :)

These women are probably the girls that started working the same time as me or a little after. I don't recall anything like demands to know of sexual activity the 40s in my day - more likely warnings to behave along with the ass grabbing so it sounds like factories are more "dangerous". Nice to know PC culture hasn't ruined everything.:)

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Not allowed say these things anymore even if it’s true .... you could get locked up for even saying this type of thing happened .... more than likely you coerced these women and played on their weaknesses ....

Locked up for which? Saying an old bird grabbed my bum or saying hello to breasts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

3DataModem wrote: »
    I can say one thing, that I'm sure you all agree with. I dig shaming lech.

In fact, I'm sure we'd all dig shaming this particular lech.

I might, if I could get a translation.

Advertisement