Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riots in Stuttgart

Options
  • 22-06-2020 6:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

"Police in Stuttgart have said 24 people were arrested and 19 police officers injured after a check for drugs sparked attacks on officers and police vehicles followed by widespread vandalism of storefronts in the city centre. Police said several hundred people were involved."

Police President Franz Lutz called the riots "an attack on the entire city," adding he had never seen anything like it in his 46 years as a police officer.

They say in this CNN article that this is 'not politically motivated' but what the hell is going on then? Surely it is at least linked to the hatred towards the police we're seeing in the U.S.?

Comments

2u2me wrote: »
    "Police in Stuttgart have said 24 people were arrested and 19 police officers injured after a check for drugs sparked attacks on officers and police vehicles followed by widespread vandalism of storefronts in the city centre. Police said several hundred people were involved."

Police President Franz Lutz called the riots "an attack on the entire city," adding he had never seen anything like it in his 46 years as a police officer.

They say in this CNN article that this is 'not politically motivated' but what the hell is going on then? Surely it is at least linked to the hatred towards the police we're seeing in the U.S.?

According to this link,it was raging youth.

Yussef, a 19-year-old who witnessed the unrest on Saturday, says that a perfect storm of factors — including the fact that many people had been drinking — likely turned the normal evening into a powder keg.
    "The rage just boiled over and got out of hand," he says.
    When asked where the "rage" came from, Yussef explains that many of the young people involved in the clashes, particularly people of color, feel they're too often regarded as suspects by police.
    The tensions have become particularly raw in light of the protests against police brutality that launched in the United States.

https://www.dw.com/en/stuttgart-reckons-with-youth-rage-after-riots-rock-city/a-53893055

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

As per the CNN article, they wanted to show solidarity with the arrested drug dealer? Are we living in cloud cuckoo land or something, it's crazy to think that there's people out there who want special privileges for criminals. These people are brainwashed by the media and their schooling.

2u2me wrote: »

High number of police injuries. Check.
    Total disrespect for law and order. Check.
    Looting and vandalism. Check.
    Hunting in packs. Check.
    Vague media reporting. Check.

A few clues as to the ethnicity of the perpetrators. It ain't the Chinese would be my guess.

The question is, why are the police so racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

As per the CNN article, they wanted to show solidarity with the arrested drug dealer? Are we living in cloud cuckoo land or something, it's crazy to think that there's people out there who want special privileges for criminals. These people are brainwashed by the media and their schooling.

Sounds a bit like the London riots in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

A few clues as to the ethnicity of the perpetrators. It ain't the Chinese would be my guess.

The question is, why are the police so racist?

there were as many German's arrested as foreign nationals.

Link
    Two dozen people, half of them German nationals, were provisionally arrested ......

......Asked about the nationalities of the 12 non-Germans who were detailed, Berger said they came from a range of countries, from Croatia and Portugal to Afghanistan and Somalia......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

When asked where the "rage" came from, Yussef explains that many of the young people involved in the clashes, particularly people of color, feel they're too often regarded as suspects by police.

Well they are all very definitely suspects now for public order, violence and criminal damage offences. the irony.

there were as many German's arrested as foreign nationals.

Link

Call me a racist bigot but I suspect most of the Germans might be of the first generation type.

I definitely don't think they would have too much loyalty to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That Joxter fella at it again?

He's such a rascal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

There's a few videos going around and you can hear some shouting in English of '**** the police'. I assumed they were antifa types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Not only were there riots in Stuttgart, but substantial looting also, and assaults on the police and first responders. I did not see it reported on Irish television reports; it might have been, but since the looters/rioters involved migrants from Afghanistan and Somalia, RTE generally skips those types of news items.

"At the height of the clashes, some 400 to 500 people joined in the battle against police officers and rescue workers.
    As officers pushed back against the crowd, they broke up into small groups, carrying on their rampage around the city centre, breaking shop windows and looting stores along nearby Königstraße, a major shopping street. One jewellery shop was emptied and a mobile phone shop ransacked", according to regional broadcaster SWR.

Germany is now reaping what it sowed when it opened up Europe's borders to millions of non-EU migrants without suitable vetting, and it will be interesting to see how the indigenous population will react in future elections as a result of these types of recurring incidences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Kivaro wrote: »
    Not only were there riots in Stuttgart, but substantial looting also, and assaults on the police and first responders. I did not see it reported on Irish television reports; it might have been, but since the looters/rioters involved migrants from Afghanistan and Somalia, RTE generally skips those types of news items.

"At the height of the clashes, some 400 to 500 people joined in the battle against police officers and rescue workers.
    As officers pushed back against the crowd, they broke up into small groups, carrying on their rampage around the city centre, breaking shop windows and looting stores along nearby Königstraße, a major shopping street. One jewellery shop was emptied and a mobile phone shop ransacked", according to regional broadcaster SWR.

Germany is now reaping what it sowed when it opened up Europe's borders to millions of non-EU migrants without suitable vetting, and it will be interesting to see how the indigenous population will react in future elections as a result of these types of recurring incidences.

The reality of these things is that what goes on in Stuttgart or Paris or any other EU country is largely only of passing interest.

However,when it becomes a significant event,the attitude taken by the Irish Media,as a whole then becomes of note.

Take RTE as an example,the only German issue worth reporting on site is this...

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0621/1148783-germany-virus-infections/

Only at the very bottom of the article is a paragraph which is of some relevance to the greater issue....
    RKI said outbreaks have been reported in nursing homes and hospitals, institutions for asylum seekers and refugees, in meat processing plants and logistics companies, among seasonal harvest workers and in connection with religious events and family gatherings.

Other than that folks,it's Germany for yer holliers

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I agree. Somehow I don't think the arrested 'Germans' were blond haired lads with names like Hans.

Because blond haired German lads with names like Hans never caused any trouble, no sirree Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Began with migrants kicking off over their "culture" of open air drug dealing being dissed.

Then the tooled up anti fa scum just happened to turn up to "organise" what would otherwise have ended with a few thumps and arrests.

The new wave of migrants post ending most restrictions is going to fk Germany up big time, both from Covid perspective and this sort of caper.

I thought Merkel might have learned something from the lockdown. Obviously not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Wouldn't have happened in the 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The reality of these things is that what goes on in Stuttgart or Paris or any other EU country is largely only of passing interest.

However,when it becomes a significant event,the attitude taken by the Irish Media,as a whole then becomes of note.

Take RTE as an example,the only German issue worth reporting on site is this...

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0621/1148783-germany-virus-infections/

Only at the very bottom of the article is a paragraph which is of some relevance to the greater issue....

Other than that folks,it's Germany for yer holliers

Reverse the groups and would RTE report it? If so, it's bias. If it was brutal police crackdown on parties in Stuttgart, I'd feel I'd be seeing it on RTE

Advertisement