Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If it still counts, I'll go for the crow. It just looks badass, like it wants to .......

murder you (ta-bum, tish).

And I cant get Hillclimb Racing out of my head for the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I go with the Minsk Hawk just like the smug grin the Hawk has on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

I'll go for the crow too. I'm not a huge fan of the other one. I'd prefer it, if it had a more definitive border and perhaps another colour in there, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Torpedo, because it looks like the silhouette of some time travelling dandy from the early days of the motor car. And, to my eyes, he appears to be travelling backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I had a controversial nap that had a lot of unforeseen extra time. Anyhow, I can reveal that the victors of the last battle and our fourth semi finalist are;

Krumkachy Minsk

I hope the semifinal draw is kind. A Juarez/Chiangmai final is what the neutrals want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I hope the semifinal draw is kind. A Juarez/Chiangmai final is what the neutrals want.

We are gonna have to make the choice eventually I suppose.

Semi final draw is coming up right now...

The Final Four. Perhaps fittingly, it's a fifty/fifty split between Europe and the Rest of the World. We have two beautiful crests from each ''conference'' ready to stake their claim. The draw God's have seen it that we will have a participant from each taking on one another in the final... but before then... let's see who drew who...

This match will have a time limit of 45 minutes, with no quota required. Basically, most votes wins. In the event of a draw, reasons will be used as a tie-breaker, so do try to think about your choice. If the teams still can't be split then, I will cast a deciding vote.
    1.FC Koln (GER)

240px-FC_Cologne_logo.svg.png

VS

FC Juarez (MEX)

300px-Bravos_de_Ciudad_Ju%C3%A1rez_Logo.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A tough decision, both two evenly matched crests.

I think the psychedelic equine from hell will have to get my vote. It's just undeniable galloping badassery.

Jaurez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ok Demon Horse is cool, but no chance here.

Here's why.

Hennes.

18i93nblxci31.jpg

A logo, personified (goatified?) on the pitch. Glorious. And look at the beard.

ECoxS23UYAEpQrA?format=jpg&name=large

Majestic beast that he is.

He's even a da, in between being awesome.

https://fc.de/en/fc-info/news/detailpage/details/hennes-is-a-father/

Aside from Hennes, who features prominently riding the logo :pac:, there's the cathedral in the logo itself:

Tq6FQPm.jpg

Very evil, and therefore very cool.

Vote Hennes, vote Koln.

Does Juarez have an actual demon horse? No. I rest my case.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah the more I see it the more I like Koln (only one I've liked more was the antlers one). That goat has an attitude to him. Juarez certainly isn't bad by any means, but Koln just has a cool vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Mmm...'tis getting tough. I'll go for Köln, and it's up to (and on) something goat.

I prefer the colouring... something about the electric red and green combo on the other one doesn't quite do it for me. Love the horse, but I'd prefer to see other colours used I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I vote for the randy goat of Koln.

Humping his way into the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Koln

Think it's a much nicer crest, I like how the goat is over the badge

Also had a good save with them on fifa one year

Vote Hennes, vote Koln.

That goat will die one day. Probably soon.

The Juarez horse will live forever. In our hearts.

Its the better design. Better crest. Better concept. Better animal.

Vote in for Juarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

FC Juarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Koln the Juarez one looks like a dodgy nightclub sign in a seedy city.

Koln is classy

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    That goat will die one day. Probably soon.

Hence why he's Hennes IX. The concept lives on.

Your fictional horse doesn't even exist, bah.

Hence why he's Hennes IX. The concept lives on.

Monarchy. That's your answer. Because monarchy has gone so well for the World.

Baggly wrote: »
    Monarchy. That's your answer. Because monarchy has gone so well for the World.

Ah but it's not hereditary. Always pick the best man goat for the job. Hennes has answers for everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That Köln one hasn't done anything for me all tournament tbh. It's a bit bland. It's a goat on a cathedral - but is that enough at this stage? When up against the glorious and unique colour combo of Juarez?

I've backed them all tournament and I can't change now. Juarez.

Fake horses don't need replacing. They are more than skin and bones. They are an idea. And an idea cannot be destroyed.

The goat is just a corporate shill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

2018-08-19_BFC_Dynamo_vs._1._FC_K%C3%B6ln_%28DFB-Pokal%29_by_Sandro_Halank%E2%80%93007.jpg

Vote Koln - it looks better on the shirt
    Still true :pac
    The colour scheme on the Juarez one is too jarring for me. Red and green should never be seen. One of the reasons I hate Christmas so much!
    Still true :pac:

Vote Koln!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

FC Juarez - Mayo could learn a thing or two about the proper use of red and green together to produce something visually stunning, instead of plain blocks of colour that a stunned 3 year old could have drawn. I've seen Cologne cathedral in the flesh, and yes, it's an incredible piece of architecture, but it's pretty monochrome and dull in comparison to the rampant horse of the Mexicans. And don't get me started on the goat and their blatant dishonesty of producing a new one every couple of years. Rumour has it that each incumbent ends up in a goat curry sooner or later. Ask yourselves this - are these the sort of people you want to vote for?

Zaph wrote: »
    Rumour has it that each incumbent ends up in a goat curry sooner or later. Ask yourselves this - are these the sort of people you want to vote for?
    This is the sort of salacious rumours and lies the Juarez cartel are resorting to in order to falsely win this contest of logos.

Fake. News.

You'll hear from Hennes' lawyer.

This is the sort of salacious rumours and lies the Juarez cartel are resorting to in order to falsely win this contest of logos.

Fake. News.

Exactly, classic deflection tactics while they chop their mascot into cheap frozen lasagne

Fake. News.

I think you'll find that Hennes' lawyer views him as less of a meal ticket and more of a meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I think I've voted for everything the Randy Goat has been up against but he keeps on surviving.

The neon green and red colours of demon horse are not visually appealing. #teamgoat is a unique shape for a logo/crest, not a standard shield/circle/square and is pretty nice now that I'm not viciously opposed to it.

• Advertisement

Exactly, classic deflection tactics while they chop their mascot into cheap frozen lasagne

I'll have you know there's nothing cheap about that las........er, actually, nothing to see here, carry on...

Juarez all the way. The colour scheme works brilliantly and the horse looks like the devil's mount.

The real goat is quite cool, but logo goat does nothing for me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Köln is utter muck and has no business in the semi finals. It's horribly asymmetric and poorly drawn. Of all the fantastic animals to have featured in the tournament a flipping goat is a joke of a selection.

Juarez is a very silly crest but gloriously so,earning right into the devil-horse-nightclub paradigm that nobody else realised was necessary.

The Mexicans all the way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Demon horse or goat shagging a cathedral?

Let's go with Juarez. Cool colour scheme

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Demon horse or goat shagging a cathedral?

Let's go with Juarez. Cool colour scheme

Out of time!

Typical tardiness by the horse brigade

My god that was a tight affair. Some of the best reasoning on thread yet. But the reasons aren't gonna be needed because...

... with 53% of the vote and advancing to the grand final is Hennes IX and 1.FC Koln

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

FC Juarez - the colour on this crest is brilliant, and i love the angry horse, he is not to be messed with

Omackeral wrote: »
    My god that was a tight affair. Some of the best reasoning on thread yet. But the reasons aren't gonna be needed because...

... with 53% of the vote and advancing to the grand final is Hennes IX and 1.FC Koln

tenor.gif

Wonderful.

giphy.gif

Out of time!

Typical tardiness by the horse brigade

Literally one minute late. Would have made it a draw. I didn't fancy having to go through that process because both camps made some amazing points. Also, a subsequent vote for Juarez rolled in a few minutes ago too. Koln can consoder fortune to be on their side here! Can it bolster them to a win though?!

• Advertisement

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15055-1375719487-17.gif?output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Omackeral wrote: »
    Literally one minute late.!

Stern but fair

Zaph wrote: »
    19d49b49a63c02baf563c85ed251bbb5e433e8e6af3c140fb4a82dbbe5f2a81e.jpg
    9d644ae7aa630a942da7d1d50ace285a.gif

Our second semi-final sees interestingly sees two crests with languages other than just the Latin alphabet on them, how about that? It's air vs earth here as these two interconfererate teams locks horns...and beaks.
    Krumkachy Minsk (BLR)

NFK_MInsk.png

VS

Chiangmai United (THA)

Chiangmai_United_logo_2019.png

Minsk coz the smug crow looks like a good laugh

Changmai is the best crest left.

Bold colour contrast.

Excellent animal choice with a tie to the region its from.

Changmai all the way.

Chiang Mai United.

Majestic.

Triumphant.

Beautiful.

But enough about myself the crest is just better. :pac:

And did I mention that crow irks me something fierce.

Chiangmai United - the goat must be stopped and I feel that the elephant has a better chance than the raven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Tough one. I think I prefer the simplicity of the Minsk crest to the slightly overly complicated Chiangmai effort.

But saying that I think I prefer the elephant to the raven.

I like elephants, birds keep ****ting on my car.

Chiangmai.

Advertisement