If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung ue65ru7400

Options
  • 22-06-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi 

Looking at this samsung in 65 inch. Could you recommend any another TV's in this size/price range that would be bet better?
    Or have a view on the samsung?

Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Type 901 wrote: »
    Hi 

Looking at this samsung in 65 inch. Could you recommend any another TV's in this size/price range that would be bet better?

Thanks 
    Hi Type 901,

I do have very limited stock available of this TV at £649/729 euro! At that price you would get a great TV for the money as it has a great panel and a great smart hub as well!

The only TV I would recommend around it would be the Philips 65PUS6754 at £679/749 euro. This TV uses a direct lit panel and would have a better picture quality for brightness and contrast however the smart hub wouldn't be as comprehensive as the Samsung! The Philips also supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ whereas the Samsung won;t support Dolby Vision!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Type 901

Hi 

Thanks 
    Hi Type 901,

I do have very limited stock available of this TV at £649/729 euro! At that price you would get a great TV for the money as it has a great panel and a great smart hub as well!

The only TV I would recommend around it would be the Philips 65PUS6754 at £679/749 euro. This TV uses a direct lit panel and would have a better picture quality for brightness and contrast however the smart hub wouldn't be as comprehensive as the Samsung! The Philips also supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ whereas the Samsung won;t support Dolby Vision!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the help! Just looking at Sony's too for the Android TV apps. Assume the XG70/80 panels would be similar in picture quality to the Samsung given edge lit led and 50hz only?

For example - 
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13984-sony-bravia-kd65xg8196bu-clearance-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Hi 

Thanks 
    Hi Type 901,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the help! Just looking at Sony's too for the Android TV apps. Assume the XG70/80 panels would be similar in picture quality to the Samsung given edge lit led and 50hz only?

For example - 
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13984-sony-bravia-kd65xg8196bu-clearance-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx
    Hi Type 901.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Personally I would prefer the Sony 65XG8196 over the Pana's and the Samsung unless you are going for a Samsung QLED.

The Sony is also 50Hz but does direct lighting which in my opinion give the better image.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Type 901

Hi Type 901.

Personally I would prefer the Sony 65XG8196 over the Pana's and the Samsung unless you are going for a Samsung QLED.

The Sony is also 50Hz but does direct lighting which in my opinion give the better image.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny, hadn't realised the Sony range was direct lit at the 65 inch size. 

Potentially also looking to add a sound bar and sub combination. Seen the monitor audio asb10 and ws10 are greatly reduced from their new price a couple years ago. Are they worth a buy or has tech moved on at the £250 ish price range?

Hi Type 901.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny, hadn't realised the Sony range was direct lit at the 65 inch size. 

Potentially also looking to add a sound bar and sub combination. Seen the monitor audio asb10 and ws10 are greatly reduced from their new price a couple years ago. Are they worth a buy or has tech moved on at the £250 ish price range?
    Hey Type 901.

The sound quality from the ASB10 and WS10 is very hard to beat to be honest.

Its the lack of other features that tend to be its downfall unless you are not interest in streaming etc...

You also check out the Yamaha YAS207 priced at £279 which was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and again doesn't really have too many bells and whistles.
    (Personally I still think the Monitor Audio packs a better punch when paired the WS10).

Hope this helps a little.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Type 901.

Kenny.

Hey Type 901.

The sound quality from the ASB10 and WS10 is very hard to beat to be honest.

Its the lack of other features that tend to be its downfall unless you are not interest in streaming etc...

You also check out the Yamaha YAS207 priced at £279 which was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and again doesn't really have too many bells and whistles.
    (Personally I still think the Monitor Audio packs a better punch when paired the WS10).

Hope this helps a little.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.