If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 Inch TV

• 22-06-2020 10:05am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, 

I'm looking for an OLED/QLED TV. 

I was thinking LG or Samsung but I'm open to suggestions.

Is there anything due to be released over the next few months worth waiting for. I'm not sure on the budget, just doing some initital research.

Also I have some nice speakers that I got from you last year, Q-Acoustic 3020i I think. It's run through a Onkyo 9110 amp. In order to run the TV through the speakers I think I'd need a DAC, so if you could recommend something that would be good.

I'm assuming the speakers would be a better bet than the soundbar I'm using (Qacoustics Media 4) but maybe not? I think the soundbar sounds good but would like to see what the TV sounds like through the stereo speakers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi, 

I'm looking for an OLED/QLED TV. 

I was thinking LG or Samsung but I'm open to suggestions.

Is there anything due to be released over the next few months worth waiting for. I'm not sure on the budget, just doing some initital research.

Also I have some nice speakers that I got from you last year, Q-Acoustic 3020i I think. It's run through a Onkyo 9110 amp. In order to run the TV through the speakers I think I'd need a DAC, so if you could recommend something that would be good.

I'm assuming the speakers would be a better bet than the soundbar I'm using (Qacoustics Media 4) but maybe not? I think the soundbar sounds good but would like to see what the TV sounds like through the stereo speakers.
    Hi adrian522,

Between the OLED and the QLED, the OLED is definitely the better picture. As they don't use a conventional backlight they can display colour and contrast levels that just can;t be matched by the QLEDs!

The OLED55C9 would be one of the best models from this year at £1299/1429 euro! It has the Alpha 9 gen 2 processor as well as a great smart hub and was What HiFis Tv of the year for 2019! We have a small batch of them due in in the next day or two but after that they will be finished for good!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

It is being replaced with the LG OLED55CX5 which is a stunning TV. It has quite similar specs but the new CX model uses the Gen 3 processor which is designed to give a better picture when upscaling 1080p content! It's currently £1799/1799 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, I notice the B9 is €1099 on the site, is there much of a drop off to that? What would be the main differences between that and the C9?

Hi, I notice the B9 is €1099 on the site, is there much of a drop off to that? What would be the main differences between that and the C9?
    Hi adrian522,

The B9 uses the Alpha 7 Gen 2 processor which means the C9 would be better for motion, colour and also has less noise in the dark scenese but the B9 is still a fantastic TV! I have a B8 myself and while there are differences between them they are quite subtle!

Kind regards

David

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

To be honest I'd probably be thinking the B9 would be the better option for me given the price difference between the two.

Would you recommend a wall bracket also?

I also need to add a DAC to my setup so if you could recommend something there that would be good also.

To be honest I'd probably be thinking the B9 would be the better option for me given the price difference between the two.

Would you recommend a wall bracket also?

I also need to add a DAC to my setup so if you could recommend something there that would be good also.
    Hi adrian522,

Thanks for getting back to me!

For a wall bracket it really depends if you're looking for a flat, tilting or full motion bracket! If you let me know which you're looking for I can give you a price!

Again, for the DAC, is this to take digital sound via Optical from the TV and convert it to an analogue signal for a Hifi? If so I would recommend the Cambridge Dacmagic 100 at £169. We are sold out of them at the moment but should have more arriving soon!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-11581-cambridge-audio-dacmagic-100-black-dac.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi,

I guess I need a bracket that can tilt downwards.

On the sound do you think I'd be better off sticking with the soundbar for the TV or would I be better trying to use the stereo speakers for the Hi-Fi and TV?

Hi,

I guess I need a bracket that can tilt downwards.

On the sound do you think I'd be better off sticking with the soundbar for the TV or would I be better trying to use the stereo speakers for the Hi-Fi and TV?
    Hi adrian522.

For a tilting bracket there is the Sanus BLT2 coming in at 109 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202750-sanus-blt2-b1-tilt-bracket-42-90-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx

I could offer this along with the TV for 83 Euro.

Regarding a soundbar for the system you could indeed go for something like the excellent Yamaha YAS207 priced at 329 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

Or the LG SL7Y coming in at 299 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

If your current Hifi does not have any optical connections you could use the CYP AUD3 priced at 49.99 Euro and convert the digital signal down to analogue.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12519-cyp-aud3-192-dac.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Hi, I mentioned in my original post but I already have a sound bar - Q Acoustics Media 4. I was wondering if it would be better to stick with this or use my Hi-Fi speakers for the TV sound . The Hi-Fi speakers are Q Acoustics 3020i.

So really just looking for advice on which setup would work better?

It's just that the amp is analog so if I was to use the speakers I'd need a DAC also I think. The AMP is an Onkyo 9110.

Thnaks!

Hi, I mentioned in my original post but I already have a sound bar - Q Acoustics Media 4. I was wondering if it would be better to stick with this or use my Hi-Fi speakers for the TV sound . The Hi-Fi speakers are Q Acoustics 3020i.

It's just that the amp is analog so if I was to use the speakers I'd need a DAC also I think. The AMP is an Onkyo 9110.

Thnaks!
    Hi Adrian522.

In my opinion you would get the better sound quality from the HIFi but with the Media 4 you would get a more immersive sound for movies etc...

To use your Onkyo A9010 you would still use the CYP AUD3 priced at 49.99 Euro and convert the digital signal down to analogue.
    https://euro.richersou...yp-aud3-192-dac.aspx

You would then run optical from your TV to the CYP DAC and then phono cable from it to your Onkyo 

I hope this explains things a little better.

Kenny.

Thnaks!
    Hi Adrian522.

In my opinion you would get the better sound quality from the HIFi but with the Media 4 you would get a more immersive sound for movies etc...

To use your Onkyo A9010 you would still use the CYP AUD3 priced at 49.99 Euro and convert the digital signal down to analogue.

You would then run optical from your TV to the CYP DAC and then phono cable from it to your Onkyo 

Kenny.
    Thanks, So what can you do for the DAC, TV and bracket?

• Advertisement

Thnaks!
    Hi Adrian522.

Kenny.
    Hi Adrian522.

I could offer the following pricing.

55B9 - 1099 Euro
    BLT2 Tilting bracket - 83 Euro
    CYP AUD3 - 45 Euro
    Total would be 1227 Euro delivered.

Kenny.

Thnaks!
    Hi Adrian522.

Kenny.
    Hi Adrian522.

55B9 - 1099 Euro
    CYP AUD3 - 45 Euro

Kenny.
    Hi,

That sounds good to me, can you drop me a PM to arrange payment?

Adrian.

Thnaks!
    Hi Adrian522.

Kenny.
    Hi Adrian522.

55B9 - 1099 Euro
    CYP AUD3 - 45 Euro

Kenny.
    Hi,

That sounds good to me, can you drop me a PM to arrange payment?

Adrian.
    Hi Adrian,

Kenny is off today but if you drop me a PM with your contact number we can give you a call for payment!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.