Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbing rose

Options
  • 22-06-2020 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Hi folks very very novice gardener here, I have a climbing Rose in a large container at the side of a shed. The first year there was lots of blooms and the 2nd year it became very straggly. I read about training canes horizontally so I tried it and have great growth of laterals (I think they're called) but there's only 4 blooms and they are on the one very weak looking lateral compared to the rest. There's no sign of buds anywhere else on the plant. Any suggestions please ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Roses are very greedy, they do best with regular watering and a weekly feed, especially if in a container since they have limited access to these.

Advertisement