Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff return to work resistance

Options
  • 22-06-2020 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here employing and was closed down due to Covid19 is facing resistance from staff to return to work. In our industry staff were approved to return to work at the end of May prior to reopening but we have faced resistance from a number of staff to come to work prior to reopening. They have all the excuses (they're scared of being out in public, we never gave them return to work plans (which we did), everything can be done the week before reopening, my granny in Spain is dying and I need to go back). I have heard 2nd and 3rd hand that other businesses are in the same situation.

**Just to clarify, the granny in Spain wasnt dying, the individual in question was in Spain and trying to buy themselves time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

neris wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here employing and was closed down due to Covid19 is facing resistance from staff to return to work. In our industry staff were approved to return to work at the end of May prior to reopening but we have faced resistance from a number of staff to come to work prior to reopening. They have all the excuses (they're scared of being out in public, we never gave them return to work plans (which we did), everything can be done the week before reopening, my granny in Spain is dying and I need to go back). I have heard 2nd and 3rd hand that other businesses are in the same situation.

**Just to clarify, the granny in Spain wasnt dying, the individual in question was in Spain and trying to buy themselves time

If they're receiving Covid payment can you not report them for not returning when there is work available?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

neris wrote: »

Yes, this seems to be happening a bit. If they dont have to come back we need to let them go. Done

Advertisement