Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    International travel will be up and running again in a significant way throughout Europe within a couple of week, including large volumes of travel to and from Ireland. If it took three months to get to a lockdown type scenario the first time; given the fact the virus is now prevalent in communities across Europe while accepting the offset of better testing and contact tracing regimes - it seems reasonable to think about another three month period until the second wave gets going to a level that threatens healthcare infrastructure. So end of September / start of October in line with the start of flu season seems about right.

Enjoy this period as much as you can.
    Are you all ready to deal with patients bcos Hopefully no one is looking after you

https://www.thejournal.ie/aviation-taskforce-recommends-easing-restrictions-1-july-5130684-Jun2020/

Lifting quarantine is only asking for trouble. For all the sacrifices we've made as a nation over the past three months, it could be undone within weeks.

screamer wrote: »
    Winters coming..... but if everyone’s heading off on their holidays to mingle with holidaymakers from other high infection rate countries, it’ll be here by September. In pockets of infection rather than widespread. People won’t stay a meter away in shops the hell they’ll self quarantine for 14 days after travelling.
    If I was a nurse or a Dr I would completely refuse to look after anyone that knowingly put anyone at risk. This would include our govt and every one around the world. The virus hasent gone. It just take as much money as they can before lock down again.

Ill make alot of money being a revisionist historian. Dont ever mention the famine again, Instead mention your greedy landlords who would evict if they wernt stopped and the outrageous rent prices Govt had to stop evictions. Mention your total abuse of foreign workers Mention the abuse teachers are getting bcos they wont put themselves at risk to baby sit kids. Mention Michael Oleary who would fly the virus all over the world if he hadnt been grounded, Mention meat workers and the abusive conditions they are forced to live in. Nurses who are facing another wave and risk of dying for **** wages.

If I was a nurse or a Dr I would completely refuse to look after anyone that knowingly put anyone at risk. This would include our govt and every one around the world. The virus hasent gone. It just take as much money as they can before lock down again.

Ill make alot of money being a revisionist historian. Dont ever mention the famine again, Instead mention your greedy landlords who would evict if they wernt stopped and the outrageous rent prices Govt had to stop evictions. Mention your total abuse of foreign workers Mention the abuse teachers are getting bcos they wont put themselves at risk to baby sit kids. Mention Michael Oleary who would fly the virus all over the world if he hadnt been grounded, Mention meat workers and the abusive conditions they are forced to live in. Nurses who are facing another wave and risk of dying for **** wages.
    I could go on bnut whats the point???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Ago1960

Use a condom Sara. There is no drip with a jubilee clip. You will be quite safe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

It is just as well that you are not a nurse or a doctor as you would be quite useless in the medical profession. Many diseases are fatal and very contagious. Hopefully when you grow up you can choose a career which has no risk. Maybe become a dolesponger. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

Well as of today there is around 320 active cases in Ireland. This means with by the time the pubs open back up there should be little to none active cases, giving that it takes 2 weeks to recover and the spread stays slow.

But if the airports open and people flock to Ireland or go on their holidays and don't follow the precautions it could be as soon as July that it will start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

CMCXCV wrote: »
    Well as of today there is around 320 active cases in Ireland. This means with by the time the pubs open back up there should be little to none active cases, giving that it takes 2 weeks to recover and the spread stays slow.

But if the airports open and people flock to Ireland or go on their holidays and don't follow the precautions it could be as soon as July that it will start again.
    There will continue to be cases but it is unlikely to "start" again in the same way. Systems are better placed to deal with it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

xl500 wrote: »
    Report to HSE

Or maybe just take a bit of personal responsibility and don't go in or leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Enjoy the summer ...

Bill Gates says COVID-19 'will be back in big numbers' in October-November when US temperatures turn lower

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-covid-will-be-back-big-numbers-october-november-2020-6?r=US&IR=T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

JTMan wrote: »
    Enjoy the summer ...

Bill Gates says COVID-19 'will be back in big numbers' in October-November when US temperatures turn lower

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-covid-will-be-back-big-numbers-october-november-2020-6?r=US&IR=T

Ah yes Bill Gates the world renowned epidemiologist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

JTMan wrote: »
    Enjoy the summer ...

Of course he does, has just a few $bn tied up via investments, nevermind his ego. Actually a very lucrative market indeed (perhaps bigger than Windows), when you look at various patents, partnerships and technology platforms.

Of course it may come back, at similar levels, then again folks are much better prepared, one of my local shops sells hand sanitisers in bulk 5l bags now, and for reasonable money, gloves are about the same price, and the local school has knocked out thousands of face shields since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

NDWC wrote: »

Bill Gates who has been working with some of the world's top virus experts for many years and has been warning the world about a global pandemic just like this one for many years.

froog wrote: »
    Bill Gates who has been working with some of the world's top virus experts for many years and has been warning the world about a global pandemic just like this one for many years.

Be that as it may, he has no more of a clue about this virus than you or I.

His Windows Vista still leaves an unpleasent memory, even a top end XPS 17 on XPPro succumbed to heavy viral overload and sluggish performance.

Macs all the way.

froog wrote: »
    Pure coincidence, lol

It's not as if he's been working with MIT for a decade now, on a vaccine that wil combine with a secretive digital embodiment scanable marker, thus ending the very concept of privacy.

On top of this, has another (seperate) additional patent that turns your body's kinetic energy into a crypro-currency mining plant and digital wallet. 'Blood money' springs to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Originally Posted by koutoubia View Post
    I was in Decathlon in Ballymun yesterday.
    It was a mess. No form of social distancing, no one way system in place , the security guard on the door was just telling people to keep coming in so the store was pretty full.
    If one person in there had covid there will be a spike in numbers.
    If thats how a few big shops operate we will be back to square one very quickly.

If you were that worried about the overcrowding ,why did you just not stay there. Surely you could have walked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’m getting two haircuts next week in case the barbers have to close down again.

Be that as it may, he has no more of a clue about this virus than you or I.

Jaysus look up what he's been doing with ebola for the last decade. Look up some of his talks about epidemics. He's been literally warning of exactly this.

Jaysus look up what he's been doing with ebola for the last decade. Look up some of his talks about epidemics. He's been literally warning of exactly this.

I'm well aware of what he's done and fair play to him, however this is a novel virus and hence I said he has no more of a clue about THIS virus than you or I.

• Advertisement

I'm well aware of what he's done and fair play to him, however this is a novel virus and hence I said he has no more of a clue about THIS virus than you or I.

I reckon his experience puts him in a better position

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Bill Gates denies making 1981 comment about limits of RAM needs, despite popular legend. Here's the legend: at a computer trade show in 1981, Bill Gates supposedly uttered this statement, in defense of the just-introduced IBM PC's 640KB usable RAM limit: "640K ought to be enough for anybody
    :rolleyes:

I reckon his experience puts him in a better position

I honestly don't think he has any more of a clue than anyone else but who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:rolleyes:

Are you for real? This comment that he may or may not have made discounts anything he says now? Either way, I'm sure that was enough for anybodys needs back then.

I don't like Bill Gates very much, I find his personality grating, but there is no denying that he has been right about things concerning viral pandemics and he has regularly consulted with experts. He has also done a lot of worthy charitable work.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guess they will cut the covid payment even more if its lockdown part II

Need new sport cant take anymore nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 4 augur2

June 2020, Ireland

Only a few hundred active coronavirus cases in Ireland.

July 2020

Pubs have reopened. After a long time... People are back for a pint.

August 2020

Number of COVID-19 cases has tripled. Pubs have been closed again.

September 2020

Schools are open again.

October 2020

Over 3000 active cases.

December 2020

Over 20000 active COVID-19 cases.

Do you really want to go back?
    We were nearly there. Nearly zero infections. Nearly... Almost...
    But then the new waves started ...

-- Mr. Augur

Stay safe and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lockdown 2 is inevitable.

No way they will let cases rise for days and do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 augur2

Soon, very soon. Latest in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Can we have Varadakar back to take control of our Goverment through this now!

• Advertisement

Imo our 2nd wave wont be as bad as imagined

Hand washing and cough into.elbow is common place.....the annual flu could be a non-event this week

Facemasks are hit and miss.though

Launch a massive publicity drive for hand sanitisng,and be quick response for locking down areas with cases aswell as random on spot checks from hse to ensure complience in shops etc

Can see gatherings being reduced to 200 again though

Advertisement