Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats cranks do I need.

Options
  • 22-06-2020 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

I looking for some crank help here please folks.

I have a Power2max that I bought with an FSA crankset. The fsa cranks are wrecked, keep coming loose and now a screw holding in the meter has sheered off in the crank.

Im looking for a replacement set, does anyone know of a set that would fit this meter? Iv been looking for a rotor 3d24(needs to be a 24mm spindle) but they are very hard to find, and im not 100% sure this will fit either!

Pic attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Reckon they will only fit the FSA Gossamers. Which as you know are pretty hopeless because the retaining bolt has a wonderful habit of unscrewing itself. You have to be pretty diligent with the threadlocking compound and regular checks. I gave up on FSA cranks of a certain generation the second time one came loose in a TT.

Ping the support folks at Power2max just in case .. they are pretty good at responding, usually same day.

I'd sell on and get a new one (any one except the FSA) if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

P2M are very good to deal with, I was having issues with one of their very first gen power meters. Bought it second hand and had a lot of use, wasn't kept in best condition either. They offered me either the NGeco or the type S at a big discount, even though I wasn't the original owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Reckon they will only fit the FSA Gossamers. Which as you know are pretty hopeless because the retaining bolt has a wonderful habit of unscrewing itself. You have to be pretty diligent with the threadlocking compound and regular checks. I gave up on FSA cranks of a certain generation the second time one came loose in a TT.

Ping the support folks at Power2max just in case .. they are pretty good at responding, usually same day.

I'd sell on and get a new one (any one except the FSA) if I were you.

Ah dude, thats not the answer i was looking for! Iv sent a mail to power2max last week but iv not heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Try a warranty replacement? I cant help you with the exact part but the spindle mounting profile looks like that of fsa, but you say it's a 24mm spindle and fsa spindles are usally 30mm which is wierd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gossamer and MegaExo were 24mm were they not?

You could get away with the latter in a hollowtech BB as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Yeh seems that way, my bad for never looking beyond shimano when it comes to 24mm cranksets. At least theres compatibility charts for bottom bracket standards. Problem for op is for direct mount chainrings and spindles is theres no clear standard for them and it's a mystery whether they'll fit or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Ah dude, thats not the answer i was looking for! Iv sent a mail to power2max last week but iv not heard anything back yet.

Bad luck. I emailed them on behalf of a clubmate with a damaged NGEco last Monday night and got a reply on Tuesday morning. Go again I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Did you get sorted? I was routing thru the shed and found a set of gossamer cranks. Very little use. No chainrings tho. Can have them if you want? I'm based in north county Dublin. I'll double check crank arm length too if your interested but I'd guess it's 172.5.

Advertisement