Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man charged with writing 'rat' on book of condolence for Garda Colm Horkan

Options
  • 22-06-2020 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-charged-with-writing-rat-on-book-of-condolence-for-garda-colm-horkan-39305481.html
    A man in his 20s has been charged with criminal damage by writing the word ‘rat’ under the name of Detective Garda Colm Horkan in a book of condolence that was left at the public counter in Blanchardstown garda station for the public to sign.

Jason Hennessy (23) from Sheephill Avenue in Blanchardstown was also charged with violent conduct at Blanchardstown garda station while in custody for the criminal damage offence. He appeared before Judge Gerard Jones at Blanchardstown District Court this morning.

Sergeant Alan Lynch told Judge Jones that on Friday June 19 he had put out a book of condolence to be signed for their garda colleague Det Garda Horkan and at 12.15pm was made aware that two men were at the book and it had been tampered with.

When the book was examined, it was seen that the word ‘rat’ had been written under Det Garda Horkan’s name and the station stamp had been used to stamp the front of the book.

I hadn't heard of this particular toerag before, but a quick web search provides quite a lot of evidence to suggest that this world would have been a far better place if his parents had gone to bingo instead of having a quickie on the night that he was conceived.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

what law did he break?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nozebleed wrote: »
    what law did he break?

Eh, criminal damage. It’s in the first line of the article.

Dude is obviously a sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

what law did he break?

Charged with criminal damage. Says it right there in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

what law did he break?

2/10.

Read it again there young fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The head on the lad and the price of turnips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

what law did he break?

Lowlife like him are breaking the laws of nature purely by his existence, if you really have to ask what law he broke (its in the op ffs) then maybe you should consider further education.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

He'll probably argue that he's dyslexic and was trying to write "rip".

Although I don't get it, I thought scum only call people rats if they talk to the guards... He was a guard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Looks like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He'll probably argue that he's dyslexic and was trying to write "rip".

Although I don't get it, I thought scum only call people rats if they talk to the guards... He was a guard?

A double digit IQ wouldn't exist in that family, and yes I can say this because I know them personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

As they say in farming. Bad Ram, bad lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

what law did he break?

Friend of yours?

Wasn't this guy Hennessy on the TV3 show inside the K telling a guard he was going to ride him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

He was in that was in the cop show district k. He was filmed telling the Garda he'd ride them . Seems like a lovely chap

Friend of yours?

Wasn't this guy Hennessy on the TV3 show inside the K telling a guard he was going to ride him?

He'll have his pick of men in the Joy in that case.

His cell mate will have to carry the frying pan to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

He has the kind of head that would look well lumped up with baton marks. Jesus, what would you be thinking doing something like this?

why was he originally arrested? is what i meant to ask...forgive me.

why was he originally arrested? is what i meant to ask...forgive me.

Criminal damage.

The violent conduct is a subsequent charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Friend of yours?

thats him alright, such hatred at such a young age, crazy how some people turn out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I would never, ever, tire of wearing a steel-cored baton off the fat, ginger cunt.

writing Rat on a piece of paper is not criminal damage...you do realise this? as sick as it is...the guards have no right to arrest this guy for writing an insult in a book of condolence.

• Advertisement

writing Rat on a piece of paper is not criminal damage...you do realise this? as sick as it is...the guards have no right to arrest this guy for writing an insult in a book of condolence.

Technically it is, defacing property of others.

im sorry ur triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...the guards have no right to arrest this guy for writing an insult in a book of condolence.

I wholeheartedly agree, arresting him is totally inadequate. See my other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Wasn't he the scumbag that taunted the two guards from inside a gate of a house on the Virgin Media show "Inside the K" ?

Edit: I see comments that he is indeed said scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

Nice to know we've a judge in our midst.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

The head on the lad and the price of turnips.

He's no Brad Clooney that's for sure.

Danzy wrote: »
    Technically it is, defacing property of others.

im not so sure..its placed there for the public to express their opinion of the deceased..horrible thing to do. think the guards are stretching it a bit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Yes they do. And they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

He damaged property that wasn't his, not only was it written on, it was interfered with also.

fuck him, and fuck you - trying to defend him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

Schools across the country should have hundreds of euro in damages claims from scribbles on their books following this precedence.

Advertisement