Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man charged with writing 'rat' on book of condolence for Garda Colm Horkan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Head like that probably always meant an appearance on University Challenge was never in the offing, to be fair..

University Challenge isn’t a show I’d associate with good looking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Or those that believe in phrenology :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.thejournal.ie/jason-hennessey-district-court-witness-intimidation-4944875-Dec2019/
    A message was allegedly circulated with an image of a young person and text over it saying:

Let’s share this around, this dirty little rat is after getting two of the lads charged in the last two days, if you see him around, smash him up.

What a sweet lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Attack a man with a hammer and gets a suspended sentence, great system of justice here in Ireland.

https://www.thejournal.ie/suspended-sentence-man-hammer-attack-4047200-Jun2018/

A DUBLIN MAN who took part in a violent city centre attack in which two young men were assaulted with a hammer and an iron bar has been given a two-year suspended sentence.

Jason Hennessy (21) of Sheephill Avenue, Blanchardstown, pleaded guilty to violent disorder on D’Olier Street in Dublin on 23 May 2015.

"Hennessy was ordered to keep the peace for three years and abide by the supervision of the Probation Service for 18 months, taking all directions from them in relation to substance misuse and victim awareness programmes."

Would this latest episode of Hennessy scumbaggery be regarded as a breach of the peace, meaning that he had broken the terms of his suspended sentence and could be sent to prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

He was on the show inside the k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

He was on the show inside the k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

"Hennessy was ordered to keep the peace for three years and abide by the supervision of the Probation Service for 18 months, taking all directions from them in relation to substance misuse and victim awareness programmes."

Would this latest episode of Hennessy scumbaggery be regarded as a breach of the peace, meaning that he had broken the terms of his suspended sentence and could be sent to prison?

If that was 2015 then the 3 years suspended sentence is long up, but I'm sure there's a string of other suspended sentences he could, but won't, be locked up for.

Scumbag of the highest order, even before you take into account the book of condolences. The type you'd love to see get a proper hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Whatever gave you that idea?

bamber-gascoigne-3e03b225-7b99-4813-b4e4-a9c0ff75b39-resize-750.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Hope he feels the feel the full force of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Free legal aid paid for by the rest of us no doubt, his parents must have been cousins by the looks of him.

Only upside is most of these scrotes die young.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

This is it wrote: »
    If that was 2015 then the 3 years suspended sentence is long up, but I'm sure there's a string of other suspended sentences he could, but won't, be locked up for.

Scumbag of the highest order, even before you take into account the book of condolences. The type you'd love to see get a proper hiding.

Looks like the court case for that 2015 offence was in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

His head does look like a turnip

More like a carrot top :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Absolute skank from a family of skanks. Waste of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Scumbag thing to do, which seems completely par for the course with this guy, after looking him up.

Surprised it amounts to criminal damage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

The dude is ugly, stupid, and angry. Terrible combination.

Or as they say in the UK, a right "CHAV".

Council House And Violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭talla10

Rodin wrote: »
    While what he did was abhorent, the judge is acting with emotion.
    People accused of serious assault are granted bail. This guy wasn't.

Those who are accused of serious assault should be treated more stiffly than this guy.

It sends out a message that this behaviour is not acceptable in our society. Nor should it be. Plus in a bail hearing his previous convictions and existing court charges can be given in evidence.

Seems like Karma and him living his best life has caught with him, for the moment anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

These kind of people are great earning potential for the justice department, there's no point in jailing them if they're going to top up barristers and solicitors wage's every time they need representation.

And I'm not going to send my kid's to study law and not have enough clients to line my off springs pockets with, if of course these guys are incarcerated for a lengthy time.

How dare anyone suggest that these guy's should be locked up in jail, sure my friend Mary who's a barrister can't be out of her 1000 euro a day FFS let the doors revolve and my kid's when they're in the bar will be raking in coin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Ship him off to a desolate island and leave him there. Waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Nozebleed wrote: »
    writing Rat on a piece of paper is not criminal damage...you do realise this? as sick as it is...the guards have no right to arrest this guy for writing an insult in a book of condolence.

Ah who cares, if a somone ran him over I'd laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Was he the scumbag in inside the K telling the guard he was going to ride him? Steep steps in Blanch Garda Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Attack a man with a hammer and gets a suspended sentence, great system of justice here in Ireland.

https://www.thejournal.ie/suspended-sentence-man-hammer-attack-4047200-Jun2018/

A DUBLIN MAN who took part in a violent city centre attack in which two young men were assaulted with a hammer and an iron bar has been given a two-year suspended sentence.

Jason Hennessy (21) of Sheephill Avenue, Blanchardstown, pleaded guilty to violent disorder on D’Olier Street in Dublin on 23 May 2015.

He is not the problem, and nor are his likes; our country’s justice system is the real “scum” in society in many many instances...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Your man looks like he's built like a tank... and still had to stoop that low to make himself look hard. Just goes to show how pathetic such lads are deep down.

It's a pity that the victims family will probably read about this. Gardai should have just bate the **** out of him in the cells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Your man looks like he's built like a tank... and still had to stoop that low to make himself look hard. Just goes to show how pathetic such lads are deep down.

It's a pity that the victims family will probably read about this. Gardai should have just bate the **** out of him in the cells

That's what used to happen but life got wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Living in a house all paid for by hard working tax payers who can't afford their own house.

The future is bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

would the guards give him some special attention some dark evening out of respect for their colleague am sure they would have no problem with volunteers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Vestiapx wrote: »
    That's what used to happen but life got wierd.

Yeah imagine not being allowed to beat anyone you feel like whenever you feel like it; whatever has our society come to.

Everyone knows a good beating immediately turns people into a good person! Right? Oh wait... no it doesn't.

But if people were afraid of the consequences of their actions they would never do anything bad right? Like if we had the death penalty? Right? Oh wait... that doesn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ah here, if anyone ever deserved a few digs it's that fella

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

would the guards give him some special attention some dark evening out of respect for their colleague am sure they would have no problem with volunteers

No beating but he'll find anyone he does business with will be lent on as heavy to flip and resources will not be a question.

They'll take out their hurt on this man and his scum family.

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Be as well off bringing this lad up to the m50 toll bridge and tossing in him the liffey. Better than the alternative of paying for his every breath from now until however long it lasts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

It would be awful if when one of his lovely family or friends dies that the announcements on RIP.ie etc...were inundated with similar messages.

Advertisement