Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man charged with writing 'rat' on book of condolence for Garda Colm Horkan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ronivek wrote: »
    Yeah imagine not being allowed to beat anyone you feel like whenever you feel like it; whatever has our society come to.

Everyone knows a good beating immediately turns people into a good person! Right? Oh wait... no it doesn't.

But if people were afraid of the consequences of their actions they would never do anything bad right? Like if we had the death penalty? Right? Oh wait... that doesn't work either.

I agree wit the sentiment here..

But there is very very little deterrent out there.

If there were tougher and harsher sentences being handed out it absolutely would have people thinking a little more before acting..

Some of the sentences given for depraved and despicable crimes are actually more disgusting than the crimes themselves..

I am talking g about giving proper tough sentences.

Example: home invasion . 25 years mandatory. That is just one example..

Rodin wrote: »
    While what he did was abhorent, the judge is acting with emotion.
    People accused of serious assault are granted bail. This guy wasn't.

Those who are accused of serious assault should be treated more stiffly than this guy.

This guy was charged with an offence, while on bail.
    He was in the Garda station to sign on in the bail book.
    So yes, the judge was quite right in remanding him in custody.
    Nothing to do with emotions, just the law.
    Judges don't rule based on emotion.

Nozebleed wrote: »
    writing Rat on a piece of paper is not criminal damage...you do realise this? as sick as it is...the guards have no right to arrest this guy for writing an insult in a book of condolence.

Please, please represent him in court.

In fact, it would be great if you applied your legal brain to all defences.
    im not defending him at all. not a nice thing to do at all. im simply asking for clairty in the eyes of the law.

Read your statement again and show me where the question was. You made a statement regarding the offence and the power of arrest.

Look it up; section 2 criminal damage act 1990 and he wrote on the front, not in the section for people to sign. It's clear cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

The dude is ugly, stupid, and angry. Terrible combination.

That's half of Boards you're describing there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Surprised the moron could spell the word. The sooner this clown gets caught up in a drug war and whacked the better off Sheephill Ave will be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

All these skanks are the same steroid drenched vermin with children's haircuts....

I'm sure he's getting more piss than water in his tea tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Rough lookin chap altogether. Like a bull in the proverbial china shop that is life; cage that lunatic so nothing gets broken

threeball wrote: »
    Be as well off bringing this lad up to the m50 toll bridge and tossing in him the liffey. Better than the alternative of paying for his every breath from now until however long it lasts.

Spot the eFlow employee... :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This the guy.

Wants to ride the guards but calling them gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This time 100 years ago Irish people were fighting a vicious war against the British while living in poverty. Many more Irishmen had been in the trenches in France. 100 years later and we have people predicting the end of civilisation because a few statues have been pulled down.

Are you posting in the right thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This time 100 years ago Irish people were fighting a vicious war against the British while living in poverty. Many more Irishmen had been in the trenches in France. 100 years later and we have people predicting the end of civilisation because a few statues have been pulled down.

You torn down a statue of Pearse yet?

You are also on the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Sorry lads, wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

would the guards give him some special attention some dark evening out of respect for their colleague am sure they would have no problem with volunteers

Just a gentle touch of a baton, to do a face makeup. Free of charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

walshb wrote: »
    I agree wit the sentiment here..

But there is very very little deterrent out there.

If there were tougher and harsher sentences being handed out it absolutely would have people thinking a little more before acting..

Some of the sentences given for depraved and despicable crimes are actually more disgusting than the crimes themselves..

I am talking g about giving proper tough sentences.

Example: home invasion . 25 years mandatory. That is just one example..

Its the same in UK:
    After giving him a bite to eat, a cup of tea and some cider, she asked Squires to leave so she could go to bed. In response, he attacked, punching her unconscious and hitting her so hard he ruptured her right eye. She woke up covered in blood and bruises, with a broken jaw. Her eye was so badly damaged it had to be removed in surgery.

Squires, of Avon Street, Leicester, was sentenced to seven-and-a-half years in prison and he will serve half before his release.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/30/woman-lost-eye-homeless-man-invited-get-warm-beat-9355923/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thank God the libraries will be open soon, so he and his pals will have somewhere to go.

The judicial system (or lack thereof) strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

bigroad wrote: »
    Are his father and mother cousin's by any chance.

Theres a whole lotta uncle ****ing going on

(Deliverence music)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Maybe he has Mental Health issues......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

That's half of Boards you're describing there. :mad:

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

A flare up I reckon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Danzy wrote: »
    You torn down a statue of Pearse yet?

You are also on the wrong thread.

Wrong planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

what law did he break?

Read the news report 1st in detail...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Surprised the moron could spell the word. The sooner this clown gets caught up in a drug war and whacked the better off Sheephill Ave will be.

A google search reveals that a number of houses in Sheephill Avenue have been petrol bombed recently. It's suspected a local gang feud may be behind the violence. I really hope that the Hennessy family home hasn't been affected by such dreadful carry-on. Young Jason deserves to be allowed to live his life in peace and tranquility as he struggles to read his extensive Mr. Men collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Mental head issue more like. Look at the bleeding thing. How brain-dead and wrong in the head can you be for his 2 claims to fame. Tellin a copper he'd ride him on national tv, then doodling on a book of condolences. Say pops is so proud. Let's hope natural causes prevail before he breeds. Bit of luck , we're not too late

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Christ, he's an unsympathetic character. As with anyone else he's entitled to all the normal protection under the law. But when you do that to the book of condolences for a guard and then it's up to the guards to deal with you, you're probably in for a rough time from those same guards.

But it sits uncomfortably with me to be happy about guards abusing power like that - isn't police abuse of power one of the primary reasons for the Floyd/BLM movement? As much as I might not mind this guy getting his comeuppance, I can't advocate for garda abuse of power to beat prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

eireyiddo wrote: »
    Mental head issue more like. Look at the bleeding thing. How brain-dead and wrong in the head can you be for his 2 claims to fame. Tellin a copper he'd ride him on national tv, then doodling on a book of condolences. Say pops is so proud. Let's hope natural causes prevail before he breeds. Bit of luck , we're not too late
    I'm sure that himself and pops were lifted in '19 together during and altercation on a road near their house. Soo.. the home schooling was a great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Sorry lads, wrong thread.

Would have been more fun if you left it there, and said that’s the reason for gingers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

He'll probably argue that he's dyslexic and was trying to write "rip".

Although I don't get it, I thought scum only call people rats if they talk to the guards... He was a guard?

The 'person' that wrote the message on the condolence book is not a rational person, as this case and his history would attest to.

Scum.

Rat usually pronounced rah is a regular term that you hear from this type of person, it is a kind of catch all put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

There is so much scum in Ireland at this stage and sadly they are a growing percentage of the country.

A gynecologist i met not so long ago said all the wrong people are having children . Law abiding people cant afford to have children whilst the scum are having 7-8 each for benefits.

• Advertisement

LuasSimon wrote: »
    There is so much scum in Ireland at this stage and sadly they are a growing percentage of the country.

A gynecologist i met not so long ago said all the wrong people are having children . Law abiding people cant afford to have children whilst the scum are having 7-8 each for benefits.

The single biggest issue is a complete lack of respect for morals and standards and decency, as well as a complete lack of fear for any repercussions....these two combined are a melting pot for a lowlife type environment...

And it all starts from the top down.....when you have leaders and responsible people and people who are very influential behaving a certain way, it has a huge influence on society.

Social media and the explosion of everyone slating everyone, with not a thought for a person's name or character.....

Advertisement