Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man charged with writing 'rat' on book of condolence for Garda Colm Horkan

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

dd973 wrote: »
    Never thought about that much, fair amount of English surnames among them, thought it was just a proximity thing.

It's often forgotten (at least in Dublin!) that Dublin used to have a good number of working class unionists - that's what Come Out Ye Blacks and Tans is actually about.

I was born on a Dublin street where the Royal drums the beat
    And the loving English feet they went all over us
    And every single night when me da' would came home tight
    He'd invite the neighbors out with this chorus
    Come out ye black and tans, come out and fight me like a man...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The white-knighting by some posters to the very reasonable questions of how writing the word 'rat' constitutes criminal damage, is absolutely arse-clenchingly embarrassing to read.

My family knew his well, his poor f**king dad dad is now left living alone for the first time in his life at nearly 80 years of age, having lost another son only a few years ago. The support they have gotten has been greatly appreciated from what I have heard, so you can kindly f**k off with your sarcastic "white knight" type comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Did this chap get a suspended sentence for this? lol only in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's often forgotten (at least in Dublin!) that Dublin used to have a good number of working class unionists - that's what Come Out Ye Blacks and Tans is actually about.

I was born on a Dublin street where the Royal drums the beat
    And the loving English feet they went all over us
    And every single night when me da' would came home tight
    He'd invite the neighbors out with this chorus
    Come out ye black and tans, come out and fight me like a man...

There was of course a big Protestant population in Dublin in the late 19th and early 20th century. They would have allegiance to the Crown. Many would have been working for the big Protestant owned firms of that time, Guinnesses, Cadburys etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

My family knew his well, his poor f**king dad dad is now left living alone for the first time in his life at nearly 80 years of age, having lost another son only a few years ago. The support they have gotten has been greatly appreciated from what I have heard, so you can kindly f**k off with your sarcastic "white knight" type comments.

Stop trying to shout down people you don't agree with.

I don't care who or what you think you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its a book of condolonce for someone who was murdered, you'd want to be a total arsehole to make your way over to where it was and write something like that.

The Gardai in the bigger cities earn their money dealing with scrotes like this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

larva wrote: »
    Did this chap get a suspended sentence for this? lol only in Ireland
    He'll be suspended over the washbasins in the Joy for a few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Esse85 wrote: »
    Did this vermin even get charged for verbally assaulting AGS here?
    Surely you cannot get away with speaking to our national police force like that? What message does that send out?

I admire the guards self control for not chinning the rodent.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I wonder has he googled himself? His name is all over google in connection with nothing but antisocial behaviour. I know if I was in the same boat I would be FREAKED out reading all that about me online. I wonder who employs him with that sort of cv and If he doesnt work how he affords his mortgage :rolleyes:
    Should your welfare be cut if you are engaged in this sort of activity on an ongoing basis? In my opinion if I was going around commiting crimes I wouldnt expect the gubbermint to subsidise me while i do it or am, i being harsh

Advertisement