Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Scheduled Maintenance

• 22-06-2020 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed how often KBC have scheduled outages compared to other banks? It seems like every other week there's a notice in the mobile app warning of upcoming maintenance. I'm not seeing any improvements in the app or website to justify it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If the patched a unix box, replaced a disk in an array, reloaded router tables......

You would not see it would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

magoo84 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any improvements in the app or website to justify it.

The vast majority of updates in banking IT systems are backend and require downtime such as Database chema changes or other changes that cannot be rolled live.

In contrast, UI / app changes are easily rolled out live.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

The vast majority of updates in banking IT systems are backend and require downtime such as Database chema changes or other changes that cannot be rolled live.

In contrast, UI / app changes are easily rolled out live.

I didn't say I have an expectation of no downtime whatsoever. S**t happens, but the regularity of KBC's downtime is really jarring considering AIB, PTSB, n26 and Revolut seem to be able to manage it fairly seamlessly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

They made a bit of a mess of the latest app update just over a month ago.

The fingerprint usage went from one steps to three steps.

It was an error on their part, they have said so in the "talk to" section here but it is taking an extaordinary amount of time to fix it, it seems.

Advertisement