Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immersion heater question

• 22-06-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a 36x18" twin coil indirect tank with a top mounted immersion heater - but the way the twin coils are placed inside the tank the biggest immersion I can fit is a 14" one. Anything longer hits the coils and simply won't fit.

This gives me barely enough hot water for a decent shower, so I'd like to swap out the element for something that will heat the whole tank.

Do I have any options that don't involve changing the whole tank?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Any experience or advice with the old Willis Heaters.

Seen that webpage before and at least knew enough about them to know they were installed the wrong way up in the photos.

For example where does the Willis heater have to be in relation to the HWT can it for example be below the level of the HWT? I'd like to fit one to an old direct HW system heated by a solid fuel range and while the heater could go anywhere there is a load of space below the tank.

Advertisement