Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preloaded Credit Card - Gift

• 22-06-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy a pre-loaded credit card (without tap function is fine) that I can gift to someone. Something they can use for online shopping mainly. I am not a business so I don't think I can use Perx. Anything else I can use where the user can monitor their spend online with the card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Would a One4All card possibly work for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Would a One4All card possibly work for you?

They can't be used online and not all retailers accept them. They're rubbish.

Perfect Incentive cards are good and can be spent anywhere MasterCard is accepted. They actually give you a full credit card number with expiry and CVV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Perfect Incentive cards are good and can be spent anywhere MasterCard is accepted. They actually give you a full credit card number with expiry and CVV.

They can be used online.
    OP already stated they can't use Perx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Mort5000 wrote: »
    They can be used online.
    OP already stated they can't use Perx.

One 4 all is only up to €50 online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

That's now Perx - I checked them and you have to be a company and have a Company reg number to order from there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

what about a monese or a revolut card then just close the account after use?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Try allgo rewards - we use them at Christmas time to give bonus to staff.

They can be used online and there's no monthly fee for first 12months. Essentially a prepaid mastercard.

https://www.allgo.ie/products/allgo-mastercard-gift-card/

Try allgo rewards - we use them at Christmas time to give bonus to staff.

They can be used online and there's no monthly fee for first 12months. Essentially a prepaid mastercard.

https://www.allgo.ie/products/allgo-mastercard-gift-card/

That's also for businesses only...but thanks

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    what about a monese or a revolut card then just close the account after use?

I'd rather not get her a card that she can tap as I want her to use it to buy something big like a hotel break - if I gift a tap card, it will be on fir in Penneys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

robo wrote: »
    I'd rather not get her a card that she can tap as I want her to use it to buy something big like a hotel break - if I gift a tap card, it will be on fir in Penneys

you can turn off the contactless tap and ATM withdrawals on Revolut, or even dont give her the pin number

or you could generate a virtual card for use online and just give her the number off it to use

• Advertisement

Thanks all - got a friend who has access to a business account to buy one for me. All good now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

That's now Perx - I checked them and you have to be a company and have a Company reg number to order from there

How about a Swirl Card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I am looking to buy a pre-loaded credit card (without tap function is fine) that I can gift to someone. Something they can use for online shopping mainly. I am not a business so I don't think I can use Perx. Anything else I can use where the user can monitor their spend online with the card?

Most of the large Shopping Centres in Dublin have actually a gift card that is a mastercard that can be used anywhere.

They are usualy offered by PerfectCard Limited and even if the logo says you local shopping centres name they can be used anywhere where Mastercard is accepted.

You can't buy them online, the website will only give you a voucher you need to exchange at your shopping centre.

http://www.perfectcentre.ie/#/

While it's the same company that is behind Perx this is tailored for customers under their perfectcentre brand.

Advertisement