If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I get?

Options
  • 22-06-2020 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Our current setup is quite old: a 52in Sony Bravia TV connected to an XBox One for Netflix and Prime Video.

I would like to buy a new TV, 55in, 4k OLED/QLED, with builtin Netflix/Prime capability. I assume this way we could try the 4K movies on Netflix, without upgrading the XBox. We are partial to the Samsung brand, if you have any of them to recommend.

Also, if you can recommend a soundbar that we can easily connect to the TV for improved audio, that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Would you recommend this TV and soundbar combo?
    Samsung QE55Q80T NEW T Series and Samsung HW-R450

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

JoyPad wrote: »
    Would you recommend this TV and soundbar combo?
    Samsung QE55Q80T NEW T Series and Samsung HW-R450
    Hi JoyPad.

Thanks for the posts.

I would indeed recommend the 55Q80T currently priced at 1649 Euro, its from the NEW range of Samsung TV's (stock is very low at the moment as we have nearly sold through our latest batch from Samsung)

The HW-R450 would also be a good addition to boost your sound quality. it's priced at 229 Euro which is much better than the £249 sterling retail.

You could also maybe look at the Excellent LG OLED55E9 priced at 1699 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204111-lg-oled55e9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

This already has upgraded sound built in which might do away with the need for a soundbar.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really like the house wide integration with Samsung Smart Things.
    I've ordered the TV and the Q60T soundbar from a different website, where they have a 200 euro off discount when bought together.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

JoyPad wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I really like the house wide integration with Samsung Smart Things.
    I've ordered the TV and the Q60T soundbar from a different website, where they have a 200 euro off discount when bought together.
    Hi JoyPad.

You should have gave us the chance to price beat which ever company it was you just purchased from.

Maybe we will get your business next time.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.