If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Blu Ray Player that Converts DTS to DD 5.1

Options
  • 22-06-2020 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a Sonos Beam and 2 One SL's for a 5.0 setup and as you probably know the Sonos Beam doesn't play DTS sound from blu Ray's. I'm looking to see if you know of a blu ray player that converts the sound from DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1 automatically before it gets to the Beam.
    I know the Samsungs used to do this but it seems they aren't making players anymore.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a Sonos Beam and 2 One SL's for a 5.0 setup and as you probably know the Sonos Beam doesn't play DTS sound from blu Ray's. I'm looking to see if you know of a blu ray player that converts the sound from DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1 automatically before it gets to the Beam.
    I know the Samsungs used to do this but it seems they aren't making players anymore.

Thanks
    Hi Hendrickp.

I have done some checking and I seems to have been the older discontinued Samsungs that would do that. The Oppo also would but it too is discontinued.

I can't seem to find any others and it seems that the whole internet has the same issue unfortunately.
    I've checked over Sony's and they can't do it either.

Some people say they have got it to work using an optical switcher box but I can not confirm this personally.
    https://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/How-to-Get-5-1-Dolby-Surround-Sound-from-a-SONOS-PlayBar.shtml

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi Hendrickp.

I have done some checking and I seems to have been the older discontinued Samsungs that would do that. The Oppo also would but it too is discontinued.

I can't seem to find any others and it seems that the whole internet has the same issue unfortunately.

Some people say they have got it to work using an optical switcher box but I can not confirm this personally.
    https://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/How-to-Get-5-1-Dolby-Surround-Sound-from-a-SONOS-PlayBar.shtml

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for that info. 

In my case i bought a 65" Panasonic OLED TV from yourselves last year so the pass through problem in that article isn't an issue for me. My issue is purely getting the DTS discs to convert to Dolby before it gets to the TV or the Beam. I know the Xbox One S has the option to decode DTS to DD5.1 built in but i didn't really want a big white box sitting under my TV, but if thats the only option at the moment i may have to just go with it.

Thanks a million for you help.

Hi guys,

Thanks
    Hi Hendrickp.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for that info. 

In my case i bought a 65" Panasonic OLED TV from yourselves last year so the pass through problem in that article isn't an issue for me. My issue is purely getting the DTS discs to convert to Dolby before it gets to the TV or the Beam. I know the Xbox One S has the option to decode DTS to DD5.1 built in but i didn't really want a big white box sitting under my TV, but if thats the only option at the moment i may have to just go with it.

Thanks a million for you help.
    Hey Hendrickp.

I will keep my ear out for any other way to do this for you but judging by the other online forums you are not the only person looking a solution to which there doesn't seem to be at the minute other than the Xbox and possibly the PS4.

Have a good evening.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hey Hendrickp.

I will keep my ear out for any other way to do this for you but judging by the other online forums you are not the only person looking a solution to which there doesn't seem to be at the minute other than the Xbox and possibly the PS4.

Have a good evening.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny.

Hey Hendrickp.

Have a good evening.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny.
    No problem all Hendrickp.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.