Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4D Radio

Options
  • 22-06-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭

Has anyone see used this radio station?

I read about it on the Irish Independent website this morning.

To play on an Amazon Echo it requires the Skill to be activated but the skill does not appear in a search of either the Alexa app or the Amazon UK website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

With my mod hat on I googled M4D radio to see did you really intend to put the question in Carers and Caring, and I am very impressed! Music for (people with) Dementia. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

looksee wrote: »
    With my mod hat on I googled M4D radio to see did you really intend to put the question in Carers and Caring, and I am very impressed! Music for (people with) Dementia. Brilliant!

You are coming impressed by M4D radio or with me for putting this in the right section? : p

I should actually have posted the details of what the station is about.

I had emailed them before posting and I got an answer today. They don’t legalities sorted for Ireland to have the Alexa skill so it is web browser only for now.

It is very good.

:D Sorry! Yes, the fact of the radio station is what I was complimenting. I'd say a lot of people would enjoy it, with or without dementia.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

You are coming impressed by M4D radio or with me for putting this in the right section? : p

I should actually have posted the details of what the station is about.

I had emailed them before posting and I got an answer today. They don’t legalities sorted for Ireland to have the Alexa skill so it is web browser only for now.

It is very good.

I saw that on the Irish Independent website. I thought Alexa was not finding it because it couldn't understand my pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

I think this is the Alexa Skills that is free to download at this linkhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/ra-Commands-For-Alexa/dp/B07CQPBCND/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3LEE5D76P3SGD&dchild=1&keywords=alexa+skills&qid=1593192636&sprefix=Alexa+skill%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-1
    You need to sin into amazon. If you do not have an amazon account you need to register your details with them. Please let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Red Hare wrote: »
    I think this is the Alexa Skills that is free to download at this linkhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/ra-Commands-For-Alexa/dp/B07CQPBCND/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3LEE5D76P3SGD&dchild=1&keywords=alexa+skills&qid=1593192636&sprefix=Alexa+skill%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-1
    You need to sin into amazon. If you do not have an amazon account you need to register your details with them. Please let us know how you get on.

Alexa Skills are apps that are audio only. I don't what one you linked does but my issue was not how to activate skills or use them - it was that I could find the M4D skill.

As I said in my second post I contacted M4D directly and the Skill required to listen to them is currently only licensed for the UK and they are in the process of bringing it to Irish Alexa users.

Until then you stream their radio station from their website.

It is a really good service.

Just found it, enjoying the 50s. It will have me in tears before its finished :D

Advertisement