Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCA speakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

RCA adapters are pretty easy to come by, and cheap. That should broaden your speaker options.
    Without more details on the record player I don't know if you'll need a phono preamp. But get an adapter, and plug in some computer speakers, or whatever you have around, and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭lukin

noby wrote: »
    RCA adapters are pretty easy to come by, and cheap. That should broaden your speaker options.
    Without more details on the record player I don't know if you'll need a phono preamp. But get an adapter, and plug in some computer speakers, or whatever you have around, and see what happens.

The model number of the record player is attached. It's ancient.
    I tried an adapter and got sound output to a set of PC speakers that way but it was too low. She needs a proper set of RCA speakers I think but would prefer to buy near home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Sounds more like she needs a preamp.
    If you have an old amp/stereo with a phono input you need to plug it into that.

Advertisement