Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal weekend away - hot tub required ;)

Options
  • 22-06-2020 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,
    Looking for a weekend away later in the year to possibly Mayo/Donegal/Sligo etc... with the missus.

Anyone have any suggestions for a hotel or a private cottage with a private hot tub? A few of the houses on AirBnB, don't look the most romantic of places either.

I've seen a few on AirBnB, but the nosy neighbours would be able to see a lot ;)

Open to suggestions from other counties too, but hoping to travel along the atlantic coast. Not Kerry and Cork though, as done that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

oojohoo1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a weekend away later in the year to possibly Mayo/Donegal/Sligo etc... with the missus.

Anyone have any suggestions for a hotel or a private cottage with a private hot tub? A few of the houses on AirBnB, don't look the most romantic of places either.

I've seen a few on AirBnB, but the nosy neighbours would be able to see a lot ;)

Open to suggestions from other counties too, but hoping to travel along the atlantic coast. Not Kerry and Cork though, as done that.

What about Derry?

Waterfall caves near Limavady is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

https://www.finnlough.com/

Fermanagh. Sleep out domes with bath tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 oojohoo1

Thanks for the options, but not really what im looking for. They dont seem the most romantic of places;)

But those bubble domes at Finnlough do look so cool. They would be awesome on a clear night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

oojohoo1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the options, but not really what im looking for. They dont seem the most romantic of places;)

But those bubble domes at Finnlough do look so cool. They would be awesome on a clear night.

The entire set up there is ridiculously romantic. Two of my friends went with their boyfriends and loved every second. The outdoor spa is private for each couple and the domes are not visible from each other.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We stayed in an AirBnB place that had a hot tub - just south of Bundoran in Kinlough. Really nice place. All mod cons.

Not overlooked. I think he advertises it as Crusader cabins off AirBnB.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    We stayed in an AirBnB place that had a hot tub - just south of Bundoran in Kinlough. Really nice place. All mod cons.

Not overlooked. I think he advertises it as Crusader cabins off AirBnB.

https://abnb.me/YJeNVDl9y7

Lovely location ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/VacationRentalReview-g212514-d5980191-Romantic_Escape_at_Wood_Smoke_Cottage_Ballyvaughan_Hot_Tub_Sauna-Ballyvaughan_The_Burr.html

We’ve stayed here in Clare, lovely location, right beside the Ailwee Caves. Hot tub and sauna are private. Ballyvaughan is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 oojohoo1

Okay, Im sold on Finnlough. I must not have looked at it properly. I just gave 20 mins looking at photos on tripadvisor and it will surely keep me out of the dog house for at least 2 days anyway :)

Thanks for all the suggestions all

Advertisement