Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    the 6pm time has passed, looks like it's slightly delayed this time round. Or maybe it's still propagating through their server network. They are usually pretty precise with the 6pm time though.

This is interesting: India iOS 14 website says its coming 17th September. It’s 22:46 in India now so maybe it’s coming from 7:30pm onwards

https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios-14/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    This is interesting: India iOS 14 website says its coming 17th September. It’s 22:46 in India now so maybe it’s coming from 7:30pm onwards

https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios-14/

Wonder if it is related to this https://www.macrumors.com/2020/09/16/developers-frustrated-by-ios-14-short-notice/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I take it there has been a delay then. I mean it’s very 2020.

drogon. wrote: »

Was just thinking the same thing - it is coming today (USA time zones) for sure - according to the Apple press release from just 4 hours ago - https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/09/ios-14-is-available-today/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

giphy.gif
    My phone since 1800

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

murpho999 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    My phone since 1800

Not just me so :D

Charge that phone Murpho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll just hop on Twitter every 30 minutes to see if they have sent the update out yet.

PSA: Back-up all your devices before you attempt any updates.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Charge that phone Murpho :D

Well spotted, I'm charging it now.:D

• Advertisement

I think the India 17th release is an indicator that it could be another few hours yet. Could even be in the middle of the night for all we know. Or in 20 mins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,124 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'll just hop on Twitter every 30 minutes to see if they have sent the update out yet.

PSA: Back-up all your devices before you attempt any updates.

Am I right in thinking backups done on the phone to iCloud are not encrypted?

I’ve done an encrypted backup of the phone on my laptop, just in case.

Also downloaded the latest updates for all apps and deleted a few to make space for the update - 13.7 complained a bit on the last update about free space on my 32gb iPhone 7 Plus with 7gb free.

Also downloaded the latest updates for all apps and deleted a few to make space for the update - 13.7 complained a bit on the last update about free space on my 32gb iPhone 7 Plus with 7gb free.

iCloud backups are encrypted by your Apple ID password.

iTunes/Finder backups are only encrypted when you enable the feature and choose a password, otherwise anyone with access to your laptop can access them.

Why you think your iCloud back ups are not safe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

An encrypted local backup is just to stop someone else from accessing it - as a backup it’s no different to a regular backup. Everything in iCloud is encrypted by default.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202303

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,124 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Why you think your iCloud back ups are not safe?

No no, it was just I wasn’t sure was all the Touch ID data and credentials saved with an iCloud backup done on the phone because it doesn’t mention encryption. Wasn’t thinking of course my Apple ID password means it’s secure anyway :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

iPadOS 14 just landed on my iPad.

Actually, sorry! That could be the GM release for beta. Sorry lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Actually, sorry! That could be the GM release for beta. Sorry lads.

Bastard.

No no, it was just I wasn’t sure was all the Touch ID data and credentials saved with an iCloud backup done on the phone because it doesn’t mention encryption. Wasn’t thinking of course my Apple ID password means it’s secure anyway :o

Touch ID data is stored on your device only, on the processor. Never in any backup or never on any of Apple or any third party servers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Could be after 19:30 according to Mac Rumours

pad199207 wrote: »
    Could be after 19:30 according to Mac Rumours

Talks of a 1pm Pacific time release. The reality: it’s all guess work until Apple says something / pushes the update.

10 hours left in the Eastern time zone day, should be before then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Look it’ll arrive when it arrives. Although it’s funny seeing people making jokes of the situation on twitter when it’s clear they aren’t happy.

“Hey Siri, what time is it in India?”

I need to go outside and get a life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bastard.

He knew what he was doing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Would the beta programme still be open to enroll in? That way download the last beta and the GM should show up as an update. I was on public betas and got the GM last night.

naasrd wrote: »
    Would the beta programme still be open to enroll in? That way download the last beta and the GM should show up as an update. I was on public betas and got the GM last night.

I really don't see the point as it's supposed to be out before 2100hrs.

I really don't see the point as it's supposed to be out before 2100hrs.

Where does it say that?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Where does it say that?

MacRumors is one saying it and some other tweets.

https://twitter.com/MacRumors/status/1306291581234941953

Advertisement