Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

peteeeed wrote: »
    14.2 officially out

1.12gb... I'll wait until Saturday or Sunday to see what others think first.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

rizzee wrote: »
    1.12gb... I'll wait until Saturday or Sunday to see what others think first.

I’ve been on it for a week now, although this version seems to be different from the GM one issued last weekend. One thing I’ve noticed on the 14.2 I’ve been on, the battery is brilliant again on my XS max.

E9319-DC7-9-CB7-4-FCF-9-B99-A07629-B4-B619.png

Which device is showing 1.12gb for you, it’s over 5gb on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I’ve been on it for a week now, although this version seems to be different from the GM one issued last weekend. One thing I’ve noticed on the 14.2 I’ve been on, the battery is brilliant again on my XS max.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/FKHQwC8B/E9319-DC7-9-CB7-4-FCF-9-B99-A07629-B4-B619.png[/img Which device is showing 1.12gb for you, it’s over 5gb on my phone.[/img]

It’s showing as 1.02GB for me on an XR currently running 14.1

1.02 on an 11 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Not a fan of the changes to control centre for AirPlay. Extra steps needed to get to playing music on HomePod.

• Advertisement

Which device is showing 1.12gb for you, it’s over 5gb on my phone.

iPhone 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

My Pro Max seems to be operating quicker now with iOS 14.2.

The new wallpapers are rather beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The Shazam shortcut in control centre is something I was looking forward to. Good to have a button to click to activate it. The airplay icon in the control centre seems like it's off-centre or something. Just looks like it's too far up in the top right corner.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The Shazam shortcut in control centre is something I was looking forward to. Good to have a button to click to activate it. The airplay icon in the control centre seems like it's off-centre or something. Just looks like it's too far up in the top right corner.

I haven’t got the Shazam one on my list of options. Does Shazam have pay levels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I haven’t got the Shazam one on my list of options. Does Shazam have pay levels?

Settings - Control Centre - tap + beside Music Recognition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Running 14.1 on my XR and now the Facebook app is playing up - keeps saying no internet connection and I have to put in my pin multiple times before it opens.

You don’t even need the app, it’s integrated into iOS already. Just has a handy button now you can tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

On iPadOS 14.2 it’s not connecting to app and saying check my connection when my connection is fine. It’s an annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

14.3 public beta is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭jem

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Running 14.1 on my XR and now the Facebook app is playing up - keeps saying no internet connection and I have to put in my pin multiple times before it opens.
    I had this and eventually found someone in apple who could fix.
    Turned out that when I deleted my norton vpn to sorted immidiatly.
    Im my case it was twitter and all internet that wasn't staying connected.

grayzer75 wrote: »

Have you updated to 14.2 to see if that fixes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Have you updated to 14.2 to see if that fixes it?

Running on 14.2 now and it's still happening although less frequently - maybe 14.3 might finally fix it.

I've been having issues with iCloud tabs and syncing between a MacBook. Google shows it's a known issue affecting a lot of users. I'm running the latest iOS and macOS releases, but not sure if it was an update that caused it or the outage the day Big Sur was released.

Right now I'm seeing old tabs from days ago showing up, and even when I manually close all iCloud tabs and have no active tabs in the browser they still show up. I've a feeling it might be a server side issues. No fix from Apple yet though.

14.3 beta 2 is out

14.2.1 on iphone 12 models available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Zada

Hi all, since updating to ios14 and 14.2 i have had alot of issue with cellular data , cellular data keeps dropping out that i have to keep toggling on and off airplane mode , is anyone else having this issue ? I have got onto my provider and they sent a new sim card but issue is still present unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Zada

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    With Eir and yes its very bad lately.

Good to know i’m not the only one , think i will contact apple about this issue as i only have 5 days left on my apple warranty

This is an on going issue with Eir, used to happen to me every few months and it would last maybe a week or two and then rectify itself. Since I moved to GoMo is has happened since, that was over a year ago. I do remember having numerous discussions with Eir support over the years too. Apple won’t be of much help to you, they’ll just get you to reset network settings and try a different sim.

14.3 public beta 3 is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭djdunny

Has anyone encountered a scenario where they appear to miss text messages & iMessages? I have noticed over the past 2 weeks that when I go to my messages app there would be a message that I don’t recall receiving and nothing shows up on my Apple Watch either. Currently
    On iOS 14.3 but sure it was happening on the previous build too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

djdunny wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered a scenario where they appear to miss text messages & iMessages? I have noticed over the past 2 weeks that when I go to my messages app there would be a message that I don’t recall receiving and nothing shows up on my Apple Watch either. Currently
    On iOS 14.3 but sure it was happening on the previous build too.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/13/iphone-12-missing-sms-text-messages/

iOS 14.3 Candidate now available

peteeeed wrote: »
    iOS 14.3 Candidate now available

What’s a candidate? Another beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

What’s a candidate? Another beta?

Basically it is a final beta build, with nothing changing when released to the public in a weeks time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

does anyone use tune in radio etc? I have noticed since updating to iOS14 the Audio stream will drop out several times when on mobile data.. just curious if anyone else is having same problem

Advertisement