Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Leinster90 wrote: »
    How do I make it so that a podcast keeps playing when I open the facebook app?

Also, I am an Irish Times subscriber and I have the app. Is there any way to make it so that when I click a story from the IT on facebook, it opens in the app? It always seems ro open in browser and even then, there is no option to open it in the app. It’s frustrating for subscriber-only articles that need to be opened in the app.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

I'd presume its cutting out the audio because you have autoplay video turned on in the Facebook app and haven't muted videos. I don't use the Apple podcast player but pocket casts will play when I'm in the Facebook app with no issues.

RE: Irish Times - I think this is actually an issue with the Irish Times rather than iOS. Other newspapers/apps once I select open in browser from the app I open the article in (e.g. Facebook>click link>tap menu bar>tap 'open in browser') it will briefly show safari but then fire me over to the actual app. This works for The Guardian, YouTube, Amazon and a few more apps without issue. It doesn't work for the Irish Times app which is annoying. I often can't find the article on the actual app then when I go to it and end up having to sign in on Safari to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

I'd presume its cutting out the audio because you have autoplay video turned on in the Facebook app and haven't muted videos. I don't use the Apple podcast player but pocket casts will play when I'm in the Facebook app with no issues.

RE: Irish Times - I think this is actually an issue with the Irish Times rather than iOS. Other newspapers/apps once I select open in browser from the app I open the article in (e.g. Facebook>click link>tap menu bar>tap 'open in browser') it will briefly show safari but then fire me over to the actual app. This works for The Guardian, YouTube, Amazon and a few more apps without issue. It doesn't work for the Irish Times app which is annoying. I often can't find the article on the actual app then when I go to it and end up having to sign in on Safari to read it.

I am in the exact same boat regarding other outlets, it really is embarrassing that the IT cant fix that.

I’ll take a look at what you suggest for Facebook, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

14.7 beta 4 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

15 public beta 1 is out, new thread up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Strange one this, every so often when in any app the back button gets imposed over the time and I can’t use it. Only way to get out of it is turn the phone off. Any one else ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

14.7 official release is out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m trying to update my iPad with IOS 14.7.1

When I try and do it the installation, after about 15 seconds of the wheel going around ...I just get the box..

‘Unable to Install Update’

‘an error occurred installing IPad OS 14.7.1’

doesn't say what the error is, why it occurred or what the fix might be or even where to find it.

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have you tried restarting the iPad? As simple as it always sounds, small things like this can fix random errors like that. Also, worth checking you have enough free storage space in the iPad to install the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes... i did a cleanup last week.... photos, apps i dont use etc....ill do a restart when i get back and see but i think ive restarted since then and no luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭pad199207

14.8 out with important security update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shame it doesn’t seem to want to install itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Its showing my phone as up to date having just 14.7. Is 14.8 for all models? Mine is a “12 mini”

Advertisement