Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir DNS issues

• 22-06-2020 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having serious issues with Eir each evening ? Websites are incredibly slow loading. Speedtest results were good so i changed the DNS settings to open DNS and had immediate massive improvement.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Anybody else having serious issues with Eir each evening ? Websites are incredibly slow loading. Speedtest results were good so i changed the DNS settings to open DNS and had immediate massive improvement.

I've been having this exact problem every evening for the past 2 weeks between 9pm and 10pm every evening. This problem is on Eir FTTH and GoMo. My only way around it is to switch on the vpn, then i'm back to fast loading websites. A very annoying problem which I hope Eir fix soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

right now Eir is so bad I can't even load the speedtest.net website to do a speedtest, it stays on resolving host for about 2 minutes and then loads up a white page with outline boxes where images should be.

Once I flick the vpn back on everything is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Gonzo wrote: »
    I've been having this exact problem every evening for the past 2 weeks between 9pm and 10pm every evening. This problem is on Eir FTTH and GoMo. My only way around it is to switch on the vpn, then i'm back to fast loading websites. A very annoying problem which I hope Eir fix soon.

Your getting slow speeds on gomo too? First time happening to me now, taking ages to load/send stuff so thought it was just a glitch. Glad to see its not just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Im not an expert but from reading up it seems like there is nothing wrong with the network just the DNS servers . I am on a desktop so just went into network settings and changed the DNS via the instructions on the opendns website.

If you load the speedtest it will give a normal result.

Eir are terrible , last time I had an issue it took a week to sort out .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Raspen

I've had same issue for the last few evenings on Eir FTTH.

I just changed to Cloudflare DNS and all good again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Very interesting and not something I had thought of as a potential issue. . Thanks for the info..

Advertisement