Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Build eircode not uploaded

• 23-06-2020 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have a new build that was completed last year and has an eir box on the side of the wall. There are 8 other properties in the development who all have fibre broadband.

I can't order broadband for the house because I'm told my eircode apq has not been uploaded, and there's no way for me to make this happen. It happens seemingly in random batches.

I've emailed open eir a couple of times since last month and they don't respond, or respond on social media.

I need it to work from home in my new house and looks like I won't be able to.

I've read a few threads about it but can't seem to find any concrete answers - is the option just to wait for an indefinite amount of time? And just keep trying to order broadband every month?

Any advice is appreciated. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

To clarify, when were you issue an eircode?

You'd need to email OpenEir to be included in the prequal database but they don't really deal with end users. Problems like this can be in limbo between W/S and Retail arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

ED E wrote: »
    To clarify, when were you issue an eircode?

You'd need to email OpenEir to be included in the prequal database but they don't really deal with end users. Problems like this can be in limbo between W/S and Retail arms.

The build was completed last September but sitting idle until now. I noticed a dusty old envelope in the hall that said something like "this is your new eircode" on it that had been there for a while by the looks of it. I'll check the date on it later today.

I have emailed them but they don't seem to respond as you say to end users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If there are copper cables in the estate you should be able to order xDSL based services in the interim period.

If not look into setting up a cellular based connection (decent router, antenna) to tide you over in the new home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭clohamon

fifth wrote: »
    The build was completed last September but sitting idle until now. I noticed a dusty old envelope in the hall that said something like "this is your new eircode" on it that had been there for a while by the looks of it. I'll check the date on it later today.

I have emailed them but they don't seem to respond as you say to end users.

Put your eircode into the airwire checker. It has availability for both Openeir and SIRO and the database is updated fairly regularly.

https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail/main/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

clohamon wrote: »
    Put your eircode into the airwire checker. It has availability for both Openeir and SIRO and the database is updated fairly regularly.

https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail/main/

Thanks. It says VDSL available but nothing else.

I might try to get that for now or a mobile service for the time being.

• Advertisement
Advertisement