If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty claim

Options
  • 23-06-2020 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Magic remote i got with TV has stopped working. How can i get a replacement ? or i contact LG directly ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Magic remote i got with TV has stopped working. How can i get a replacement ? or i contact LG directly ?
    Hi Roberto_Gas.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your remote.

Did you email us also earlier and also call on the phone and speak to Stephen?

Have you tried to re pair it to the TV incase it has upaired?
    Re-[font=arial, sans-serif]pairing the LG Magic Remote[/font]
    Hold the [font=arial, sans-serif]Smart Home and BACK buttons on the Magic Remote Control together for 5 seconds. Point the remote at your Smart TV, then press the Wheel (OK) button. The remote will pair [/font]up, and you'll see a message when it's done.

Depending on how old the remote is it might not be covered under warranty as remotes are not covered by our 6 year guarantee due to wear and tear.

It is very unusual for these remotes to go faulty I have to say.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Hi,

Hi Roberto_Gas.

Hold the [font=arial, sans-serif]Smart Home and BACK buttons on the Magic Remote Control together for 5 seconds. Point the remote at your Smart TV, then press the Wheel (OK) button. The remote will pair [/font]up, and you'll see a message when it's done.

Depending on how old the remote is it might not be covered under warranty as remotes are not covered by our 6 year guarantee due to wear and tear.

Kenny.
    Yes. I have sent email separately to services....what is the process to return the TV ?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Hi Roberto_Gas.

Kenny.
    Yes. I have sent email separately to services....what is the process to return the TV ?
    Hi Roberto_Gas.

If you could PM me with your address so I can locate you on our system and is the TV a LG 49UM7400?

If you are the same customer as the email customer then I have already emailed you over the details for returning the TV in reply to your emails as the TV is coming up on our 14 day returns policy.
    I have also emailed about the replacement remote.

If we can please maybe just keep our correspondence to either email or boards as things can start to get confusing when replying to the same person on many platforms as you could also be getting replies from multiple people as its not the same staff that deal with service as it is that do the sale@Emails and boards forum.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

As set out above, it would be better to conclude this matter by email with RS, so ’m closing this thread.

Cheers,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.