Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains from Clonsilla to city

Options
  • 23-06-2020 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has been getting the train in to the city mon-Fri recently, and if so is there any capacity issues with the social distancing requirements?

Have heard from colleagues that theyve had to wait for 3 or 4 buses/trains before they could get on one as they were already at their current capacity limits when they pulled in at their stops/stations.

I'd normally get the 7.30am train to Connolly and hop onto a dart from there & then get the train at Pearse at approx 5.40 to Clonsilla in the evening and with our office opening again may start using the train again soon.

Thanks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Can't imagine anyone staff or passengers telling you to get off a train due to social distancing.
    I'm driving into town at the moment but will be getting the train this Thursday.

I've heard different with dublin bus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Phil.x wrote: »
    Can't imagine anyone staff or passengers telling you to get off a train due to social distancing.
    I'm driving into town at the moment but will be getting the train this Thursday.

I've heard different with dublin bus though.

Yeah, I do think its more of a Dublin bus issue than a train one, ona bus the driver can monitor & control the occupancy, a lot harder to do so on a train with multiple entrance/exit points.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement