Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback Query

• 23-06-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

My OH a stag organised for the June bank holiday in Liverpool. Long story short, flights were cancelled and the hostel has been closed since March. I have tried contacting the hostel about refunding the deposit of €600ish but as far as I know, they're still closed.

Would I have a case for a chargeback? Or any advice on trying to regain deposit? TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hi everyone.

My OH a stag organised for the June bank holiday in Liverpool. Long story short, flights were cancelled and the hostel has been closed since March. I have tried contacting the hostel about refunding the deposit of €600ish but as far as I know, they're still closed.

Would I have a case for a chargeback? Or any advice on trying to regain deposit? TIA

Yes, you should go for a chargeback as services you paid for were not delivered.

Follow the instructions from your bank (you'll find them online carefully and supply all the back up). Is a quick enough process.

Have done 5 with BOI of late, all came through within 7 business days each.

Don't **** around with vouchers or Q'ing for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Bank of Ireland seem to be pretty happy to publicly support chargebacks even for our national carrier. Apparently AIB not so easy.

YI3JUdU.png

Advertisement