Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31+ Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Morzadec wrote: »
    82 on the FH to bring me inside the top 10k for the first time this season, so very happy with that. Going with 4 at the back served me well as well as going with Salah as captain.

FF always leaves you wanting more though! Annoyed Salah didn't get any bonus, particularly with that chance at the end - a goal or assist there would've been worth a lot of points.

Off topic slightly, but was poking around some of the teams around me in some of the money leagues. Anyone know which Boards user has the team "The Greens" (top of most of the boards money leagues)? Some seriously impressive and consistent ORs there in their season history, must be one of the all time type FF players, or at least one of Ireland's best.

Then El Tel I saw finished 8th in 15/16! Got to be the highest Boards finish ever right? I may not have been very active on the forum that year but were people following his quest for glory? Presumably he might have been in with a shot to win it at some point?

The Greens is Dearg81. He’s a seasoned veteran as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The Greens is Dearg81. He’s a seasoned veteran as they say.

Yeah it's a very impressive run of scores from Dearg81, unbelievable consistency, not a single stinker of a season and several very high finished including a 25th place. ON course for another very high finish this season.

Not feeling very confident of toppling his supremacy after seeing that record!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Then El Tel I saw finished 8th in 15/16! Got to be the highest Boards finish ever right? I may not have been very active on the forum that year but were people following his quest for glory? Presumably he might have been in with a shot to win it at some point?

Watched it with great interest. It was a fantastic run. A poster I always pay attention to, usually has a slightly different slant on the template.

Lassyk is another to watch out for, lurks more than posts but also has some serious pedigree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Yeah it's a very impressive run of scores from Dearg81, unbelievable consistency, not a single stinker of a season and several very high finished including a 25th place. ON course for another very high finish this season.

Not feeling very confident of toppling his supremacy after seeing that record!

I came 250th in the world a few years ago, only money league i was in had dearg81 in it so still didnt win it! Still annoyed to this day as i was 125 going into last gw but had to gamble to try catch him. If i hadnt i would have finished top 100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

POKERKING wrote: »
    I came 250th in the world a few years ago, only money league i was in had dearg81 in it so still didnt win it! Still annoyed to this day as i was 125 going into last gw but had to gamble to try catch him. If i hadnt i would have finished top 100

came 177th in the world a few years back.

For last 10 years, i've had an average finishing position of around 42k, which isn't bad over that stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

74 (OR 28k) with Doucoure, KDB, Pope and Stephens to go....Jimmi captain Just about worked out but won’t be going against Salah again, nerves nearly shot last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Pepe, Auba and Nketiah up top for Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No shocks in the 6pm lineups...Ings starts, PEA on the wing again by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Burnley — Pope; Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor; Brownhill, Cork, Westwood, McNeil; Rodriguez, Vydra.

Watford — Foster; Kiko Femenía, Kabasele, Dawson, Masina; Capoue, Hughes; Sarr, Cleverley, Welbeck; Deeney

Arsenal: Martinez, Bellerin, Mustafi, Holding, Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka, Nketiah, Aubameyang.

Southampton — McCarthy; Valery, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Højbjerg, Armstrong; Ings, Obafemi.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pleased Femenia starts, though I might not be in the next two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just Pope for me tonight ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Forgot I have Ings but also Martinez... not sure what to hope for in this.

COH wrote: »
    Forgot I have Ings but also Martinez... not sure what to hope for in this.

Southampton away is always a bogey fixture for Arsenal, Ings could do well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Sarr nearly assist. Damn welbeck

Nketiah goal from a McCarthy howler.

Nketiah goal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

That's not how you spell Aubam :(

Burnley should have scored. Vydra hits post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It's nice to be able to rely on a sub keeper like McCarthy when someone like Henderson is unavailable....

FFS I should have just saved the cash and gone with a non playing option

Foden not in City squad - picked up a knock Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Is anyone brave enough to sit through Burnley vs Watford?

Dearg81 wrote: »

Or stupid enough...I'm watching it because I own Sarr. Poor game. Burnley have had the better chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hon Eddie necktie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Dearg81 wrote: »

Yep, have Pope in goals.

Have had more fun at the dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ugh, Have Nketiah first sub.

Need Alonso to get a rest.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Yep, have Pope in goals.

Have had more fun at the dentist.

The stuff you come out... absolutely brilliant :D

Watford will make changes at HT

Welbeck off hopefully, he's just getting in the way.

Cathcart and Doucouré replacing Kabasele and Cleverley.

Southampton also made two changes; Long and Walker-Peters on for Obafemi and Valery.

• Advertisement

Saka booked.

Advertisement